So i wonder

Axl.8924

If conditions are such a problem

Why not make conditions unstackable but have massive durations(10-15 mins but do small damage over time until it reaches its end for full duration, or do equivalent of damage like in wow?

Make it unstackable with its own kind and make it so you gotta stack multiple dots of different kinds to get massive damage.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@Axl.8924 said:Make it unstackable with its own kind and make it so you gotta stack multiple dots of different kinds to get massive damage.

That was how it used to be for several years. You could only stack bleeding (which made it different from burning).Didn't work out that well, it would seem.

Why can't it work like that again? It would solve the issue of stacking effects.Maybe something akin to nerfing stacks on everything increasing the damage over long duration and duration.Then nerf all the cleanses in the game.

Make it so that you can't just spam cleanses to win, and conditions to have serious repercussions like:Poison could reduce healing by 50-75%

We had massive issues of overwriting others conditions, which made them just plain bad. If you apply a strong confusion, and I, a power player, just stack on some more confusion randomly with a pry bar on engi or something, do you just suddenly want to watch a drop in damage because I hit them? No, you don't. It's not that simple.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@Axl.8924 said:Make it unstackable with its own kind and make it so you gotta stack multiple dots of different kinds to get massive damage.

That was how it used to be for several years. You could only stack bleeding (which made it different from burning).Didn't work out that well, it would seem.

It actually worked fine. Zerk meta was easy to gear and get into playing. Anet just made too many classes for GW2 so they ended up as bloat.

Because that would completely kill any condition build.

I mean how do you think that should even work? I hit you in PvP and you get 20 sec bleed on you, ticking for what? 200 dmg?And then I add another bleed and I have 40 sec bleed on you and you still get 200 dmg?

Or does the dmg go up over time? But then you need one condi cleanse and you're basically immune to all condition dmg and your passive heal signet heals more then all my conditions on you combined.

And that's only PvP. In Pve, what happens when there are 2 ppl that want to do bleeding damage? Do you endlessly generate new bleeds on a boss? Do they only stack time? Does now only one single player do bleeding damage on a boss?

And this would also mean condition damage is completely useless in open world PvE, useless to a point that you do so little damage that you don't even get loot from mobs anymore, because from all the other power classes the enemies get bursted down in 5-10 seconds.

We had a similar situation in the past. We had a "Zerk only" meta, which makes the current "condi meta" look super balanced. If you played condition builds ppl kicked you immediately out of their groups, you didn't do much damage solo and you were even more worthless if there were other condition players around because conditions were capped at very low numbers always overwriting themselves. This was so bad that you literally didn't do any condition damage on a large world boss for example. Anet needed years to address this and come up with a solution to make condition damage viable.

There's no point in reverting any of these changes.

@Axl.8924 said:

Why can't it work like that again? It would solve the issue of stacking effects.Maybe something akin to nerfing stacks on everything increasing the damage over long duration and duration.Then nerf all the cleanses in the game.

Make it so that you can't just spam cleanses to win, and conditions to have serious repercussions like:Poison could reduce healing by 50-75%

Your idea to make them not stack is bad, but I do think there should be much less conditions and much less cleanses

@Axl.8924 said:

Why can't it work like that again?

Because condition damage wasn't competitive in PvE eventhough it was completely fine in PvP, so Anet wrecked the entire PvP combat to cater to PvE and there's no going back.

@witcher.3197 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Why can't it work like that again?

Because condition damage wasn't competitive in PvE eventhough it was completely fine in PvP, so Anet wrecked the entire PvP combat to cater to PvE and there's no going back.

If going back isn't the solution, then what is? how do we fix it so pve and pvp is balanced? This yoyoing around is not healthy for a class, and its leaving a lot of users unhappy and leaving.

How do you make it so necros are viable in pvp pve and WVW without being overpowered? what kind of overhaul is needed? can it be done?What about thieves? do they need overhaul for pvp and WVW?What about Mesmers? mesmers have some criticism recently about how much damage they can do with bursting you down combined with cc.What about warrior with full counter?

How do you balance a class that is a glass cannon to be fun and viable in pvp and not destroy either their defensives and survivability or damage?

Should the designers stop listening to the whiners in spvp and WVW? I think its probably a better idea personally to have some sort of test server to test out new changes before implementing them to make sure they don't completely destroy a class.I hear tons of complaints about wow how people are unhappy with the way class changes were simplified and dumbed down and nerfed, and in the past classes would get nerfed rather quickly into the ground without listening to feedback.

I think feedback is important too.

Also:WHY THE HECK WAS FRESH AIR NERFED? I remember at one point fresh air build for ele was nerfed, WHY?While we are at it:How do all of the other classes feel about the current changes?

Are mesmers happy with the current changes?Are revenants viable now they got some buffs i heard about?

Archived