Theorycrafting - Scrapper is a Bunker God again?

LUST.2305

There seems to be a lot in favor for Scrapper to compete against PoF specs now or more than likely a decent option when Holosmith is unfavorable.

Barrier (Scapper)

• Recovery Matrix - Heal provides barrier
  • Decisive Renown - Barrier on Reviving allies (Res Bot is back)
  • Impact Savant - Barriers are stronger
  • Adaptive Armor - Barrier when Struck
  • Shock Shield - Barrier per hit

Protection (Inventions)

• Cleansing Pulse - Clear 1 condition on heal (Healing Turret, still the best)
  • Reconstruction Enclosure - Protection on heal (Healing Turret, still the best; Supply Crate)
  • Experimental Turrets - Reflect on built + Boons (Thumper Turret: Protection; Supply Crate)
  • Anti-corrosion Plating: Granting protection clears 1 condition (Healing Turret + Thumper + Supply Crate; Medic Gyro - Reconstruction Field)

Alchemy

• Protection Injection - Protection on disable
  • Transmute - Lesser Elixir C (clear 2 conditions every 60s--48 with HGH)
  • Comeback Cure - Regen on cleanse /or/ Self-Regulating Defenses - Our nightmare...but still.
  • Iron Blooded - Reduced physical and condition damage for each boon/or/
  • Purity of Purpose - Cleansing condis makes them boons (Healing Turret; Purge Gyro - even though still squishy)/or/
  • HGH - Classic...

Medic gyro is better for a tanky scrapper then healing turret now, the water field is 5 condi clears and is mobile and seprate from the heal making it more versatile and the heal its self is more in the long run while still clearing 2 condis, stealth gyro is still to good for utility over supply crate and 25% move speed is overall id say better then experemental turrets, id say purity of purpose is better then hgh now only on scrapper since you can take the damage traits in scrapper line over the barrier traits since condis arnt an issue with scrapper and scrapper is allready notoriusly hard to kill with power builds as it is

@ukuni.8745 said:Medic gyro is better for a tanky scrapper then healing turret now, the water field is 5 condi clears and is mobile and seprate from the heal making it more versatile and the heal its self is more in the long run while still clearing 2 condis, stealth gyro is still to good for utility over supply crate and 25% move speed is overall id say better then experemental turrets, id say purity of purpose is better then hgh now only on scrapper since you can take the damage traits in scrapper line over the barrier traits since condis arnt an issue with scrapper and scrapper is allready notoriusly hard to kill with power builds as it is

After a few hours... Scrapper definitely has a place as a bunker. But is there a reason to use it? I ran Holosmith out of distrust really, be the damage and force rotations. Scrapper can keep points and support others to secure, but they likely can't clear points. Noticeable pro and con to each path.

Scrapper can sustain against everyone for a quite a bit of time now--and that's always been the value of it until PoF. Now with the changes, it can survive against PoF pretty well; although, I found that dealing with mobile deadeyes probably the worst match-up physically since the damage to burst/hunt them down isn't there like it is with Holosmith--the rest? Probably even though won't be killing anyone anytime soon.

Equipment

• Most effective Amulet was Paladins
  • Rune: Surging (Elite being Stealth Gyro or Mortar for fields)
  • Sigils: No idea, lots can work.

Skills:

• Didn't see a need for Elixir Gun for range, but the option is definitely there. Went Rocket Boots to get around (Rocket Charge + Rocket Boots).
  • Condis don't seem too much of a problem when running Medic Gyro with Anti-corrosion Plating...and honestly the sustain wasn't terrible.
  • No one paid attention to Thumper turret so running Experimental Turrets worked out and the stun-break and stability from Rumble is useful. That said, possible better options.

Scrapper has a place...with all the other changes: Might have to wait for another meta shift.

Yea definatly going to have to wait for the meta shift in thoery a support scrapper could potentially knock the scourge outta the meta but if there is no scourge in a team fight then there are much better options then a support scrapper so its definatly going to be a shit show till the meta settles.

I do however want to try a tools/inventions sd scrapper to try and see if i can get in the middle ground with decent support and good damage/sustain but yea testing is needed.

@LUST.7241 said:

@ukuni.8745 said:Medic gyro is better for a tanky scrapper then healing turret now, the water field is 5 condi clears and is mobile and seprate from the heal making it more versatile and the heal its self is more in the long run while still clearing 2 condis, stealth gyro is still to good for utility over supply crate and 25% move speed is overall id say better then experemental turrets, id say purity of purpose is better then hgh now only on scrapper since you can take the damage traits in scrapper line over the barrier traits since condis arnt an issue with scrapper and scrapper is allready notoriusly hard to kill with power builds as it is

After a few hours... Scrapper definitely has a place as a bunker. But is there a reason to use it? I ran Holosmith out of distrust really, be the damage and force rotations. Scrapper can keep points and support others to secure, but they likely can't clear points. Noticeable pro and con to each path.

Scrapper can sustain against everyone for a quite a bit of time now--and that's always been the value of it until PoF. Now with the changes, it can survive against PoF pretty well; although, I found that dealing with mobile deadeyes probably the worst match-up physically since the damage to burst/hunt them down isn't there like it is with Holosmith--the rest? Probably even though won't be killing anyone anytime soon.

Equipment
  • Most effective Amulet was Paladins
  • Rune: Surging (Elite being Stealth Gyro or Mortar for fields)
  • Sigils: No idea, lots can work.

Skills:
  • Didn't see a need for Elixir Gun for range, but the option is definitely there. Went Rocket Boots to get around (Rocket Charge + Rocket Boots).
  • Condis don't seem too much of a problem when running Medic Gyro with Anti-corrosion Plating...and honestly the sustain wasn't terrible.
  • No one paid attention to Thumper turret so running Experimental Turrets worked out and the stun-break and stability from Rumble is useful. That said, possible better options.

Scrapper has a place...with all the other changes: Might have to wait for another meta shift.

I made some changes to this build... And it seems to be able to kill someone now despite less sustain.

Amulet: MarauderRune: Herald (toughness, boon duration, protection on heal)

I use Medic Gyro (which now cleanses 3 aoe, 2 from traitline and 1 from rune), and toolbelt cleanses 5 aoeBulwark gyroElixir gunI don't see the need of purge gyro here, so I use thumper turret instead - which its 3 blast finishers have quite a few uses

1. On lightning - swiftness for mobility and rapid regeneration
  2. On water - 1.3k heal each so will have emergency heal
  3. On light - cleanses a condiToolbelt also breaks stun although i cant seem to utilise the stab as muchAll above are AOE

I also dropped HGH for cleanse--> boon with a doubt on its success, although ut's quite fun seeing the boon output

scrapper in a decent spot at the moment however IMO if you plan on having a bunker on your team then your better off with a druid at the moment over a scrapper.

If i had to pick warrior or scrapper then maybe in this case i'll select the scrapper overall due to their high sustain / tanky trait lines. Only issue i see with scrapper is that they have very very low damage with specing to be "bunker" i feel like warrior/ranger can do some solid dps while still being very sustainable over all.

@"zoopop.5630" said:scrapper in a decent spot at the moment however IMO if you plan on having a bunker on your team then your better off with a druid at the moment over a scrapper.

If i had to pick warrior or scrapper then maybe in this case i'll select the scrapper overall due to their high sustain / tanky trait lines. Only issue i see with scrapper is that they have very very low damage with specing to be "bunker" i feel like warrior/ranger can do some solid dps while still being very sustainable over all.

you raise a good point but if power does become the meta then double ressing scrapper with elixir S may be the best res spec making it quite prominent for support.

@ukuni.8745 said:

@"zoopop.5630" said:scrapper in a decent spot at the moment however IMO if you plan on having a bunker on your team then your better off with a druid at the moment over a scrapper.

you raise a good point but if power does become the meta then double ressing scrapper with elixir S may be the best res spec making it quite prominent for support.

currently with how it is i wouldn't say it's FULL power meta, we still have some hybrid classes that can do a bit both dps (mesmer and reaper) at the moment are in such a strong spot it's annoying, Not to mention guardian at the moment as well are in the mix it's becoming an issue but hopefully in two weeks we'll know for sure where we are with meta.

@BoundlessCreation.8906 said:I tried testing Adaptive Armor today and I concur with the above, I think it is bugged.

The first hit by an opponent sometimes gave a small amount of barrier (296 in my case) but any and all subsequent hits did not trigger the perk, regardless of the 3 second cooldown stated in the tooltip.

The hit that triggers it already hits the barrier, so only very low hits make the barrier visibly appear.

I created a new Bunker Scrapper. I am SOOOO happy with being able to play Scrapper again. Since gw2skills isn’t updated yet, I’m writing them down here.

Alchemy

Projection Injection - Gain protection when disabled.Self-Regulating Defenses - Elixir S below %25 Health.Purity of Purpose - Conditions cleansed by you turn into boons.

Inventions

Autodefense Bomb Dispenser - Drop a smoke bomb when disabled.Mecha Legs - Movement speed is increased. Movement-impairing conditions have reduced duration.Anticorrosion Plating - Cleanse a condition when you give protection to an ally.

Scrapper

Recovery Matrix - Gain barrier when using a heal skill.Rapid Regeneration - Gain health per second when you have swiftness or superspeed.Adaptive Armour - Gain barrier when struck.

You can dump Mecha Legs for Soothing Detonation, I like moving faster so I went for it.

Utilities;Medic GyroPurge GyroBulwark GyroElixir GunMortar Kit - Sneak Gyro

Elite Skill depends on your playstyle, but I like Orbital Command and Mortar #5 so much. Although you can dump Purge Gyro or Bulwark Gyro for a second Elixir S, it’s probably better with both of the Gyros since the meta still favors both Power and Condition builds.

Equipment

HammerSigil of AnnulmentSigil of BattleRune of HeraldMender’s Amulet

There’s a lot of fields you can generate, it’s just crazy. And you have so much cleanses it’s like you’re immune to conditions if you don’t get CC locked too much.

Pros of the build;INSANE Condition cleanseA lot of HealingA lot of Water&Light FieldsBoon Pumper

Cons of the build;Not as tanky as another bunkerGetting CC locked means instant deathAlmost zero burst and low sustained damageCan be overwhelmed by corrupting boons if you can’t cleanse them quickly

I haven’t enjoyed a build that much since pre-PoF. This is the most fun build I’ve ever seen. I’m so happy right now. Thanks Arenanet.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:I created a new Bunker Scrapper. I am SOOOO happy with being able to play Scrapper again. Since gw2skills isn’t updated yet, I’m writing them down here.

Alchemy

Projection Injection - Gain protection when disabled.Self-Regulating Defenses - Elixir S below %25 Health.Purity of Purpose - Conditions cleansed by you turn into boons.

Inventions

Autodefense Bomb Dispenser - Drop a smoke bomb when disabled.Mecha Legs - Movement speed is increased. Movement-impairing conditions have reduced duration.Anticorrosion Plating - Cleanse a condition when you give protection to an ally.

Scrapper

Recovery Matrix - Gain barrier when using a heal skill.Rapid Regeneration - Gain health per second when you have swiftness or superspeed.Adaptive Armour - Gain barrier when struck.

You can dump Mecha Legs for Soothing Detonation, I like moving faster so I went for it.

Elite Skill depends on your playstyle, but I like Orbital Command and Mortar #5 so much. Although you can dump Purge Gyro or Bulwark Gyro for a second Elixir S, it’s probably better with both of the Gyros since the meta still favors both Power and Condition builds.

Equipment

There’s a lot of fields you can generate, it’s just crazy. And you have so much cleanses it’s like you’re immune to conditions if you don’t get CC locked too much.

Pros of the build;INSANE Condition cleanseA lot of HealingA lot of Water&Light FieldsBoon Pumper

Cons of the build;Not as tanky as another bunkerGetting CC locked means instant deathAlmost zero burst and low sustained damageCan be overwhelmed by corrupting boons if you can’t cleanse them quickly

I haven’t enjoyed a build that much since pre-PoF. This is the most fun build I’ve ever seen. I’m so happy right now. Thanks Arenanet.

Where are you running this? PvE? WvW? PvP?I may try this in WvW...what do you think?

@Cruces.3280 said:

@Imperadordf.2687 said:I created a new
Bunker
Scrapper. I am SOOOO happy with being able to play Scrapper again. Since gw2skills isn’t updated yet, I’m writing them down here.

Alchemy

Inventions

Scrapper

Equipment

Where are you running this? PvE? WvW? PvP?I may try this in WvW...what do you think?

This is a PvP build, but I used this with some mixed stats in WvW.

Zealot Helmet and ShoulderCrusader Chest - Gloves - Leggings - BootsCrusader Amulet - RingsZealot Backpack - Accessories

You can go full Zealot or full Crusader if you want, and you can use Durability Runes instead of Herald Runes.

The build is great for condi cleansing and healing. Not as much as a Firebrand but I enjoy it a lot.

@"Funkyshit.9126" said:i also have problem with Adaptive Armor . i tested it and after the first hit that triggered the barrier, i couldnt get any more after 3 sec.

Are you sure about that? I tested it on a Veteran Dredge Oscillator and i proc’d every time it hit me - with internal cooldown of course.

Look for the yellow numbers on you. Maybe the mob or player is hitting more than the shield to you.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

@"Funkyshit.9126" said:i tested it on the nps in heart of the mist. to be specific vs a necromancer.

Necro hits hard. And with 0 healing power the barrier is around 1,4K. Which is too few for a necro hit so it might because of that.

yeah i tested it again and i saw the barrier. i guess the nps hit too hard sometimes hah

@"Cruces.3280" said:

You can go full Zealot or full Crusader if you want, and you can use Durability Runes instead of Herald Runes.

Sorry, i'm back new after 4 years. What is the name of the "durability rune"?I see "Herald Runes" on GW2 build editor, but don't see "Durability Rune".

Sorry, forgot to mention. Durability runes are PvE/WvW only. Use Herald runes for PvP.Build editor has different build styles, you can swap them from top-right (2 Swords crossed PvP, Fortress symbol WvW, Sword with Shield PvE).

I'm currently running this in pvp, very happy to be playing bunker scrapper again. Thus far pretty darn successful.Sidenotes:

• I'm playing gold league
  • Mostly play with a War friend of mine, build is adjusted to that.
  • And I stole Imperadordf.2687's layout. (thank you)

Alchemy

Inventions

Automated Medical Response ~ All heal skills recharge when struck while you are below the health threshold.Experimental Turrets ~ Turrets create a reflective barrier when built and grant boons to allies around them on a regular interval.Anticorrosion Plating - Cleanse a condition when you give protection to an ally.

Scrapper

Utilities;Healing TurretBulwark GyroThumper TurrerElixir GunSupply Crate

Equipment

HammerSigil of EnhancementSigil of PurgingRune of HeraldMender’s Amulet

Pro'sVery low key support (very few people notice you are healing like a maniac, they are still expecting an holo that will just disengage if targeted)Divers to play and still decent support for team (heal, condi cleanse, function gyro, knockdowns)Tanky enough to solo hold points till allies have time to come help.

Con'sCC's are indeed a problemMobilityDmg output

I'm very interested what you guys think and what you would change. And has somebody found a way to be less vulnerable against CC's?

Archived