Confusion change has to be reverted for PvE!

Sodeni.6041

Please revert those confusion changes for PvE!

Wasn't the reason you changed confusion to a damage-over-time condition that foes in PvE barely attack and block a lot so putting out damage with this condition is just too unreliable? I don't get why you changed it to only-damage-when-using-skills again for PvE!

Basically condi mirage with axe is unplayable in PvE and got heavily nerfed. IMO mirage was in a good spot in PvE and I don't see any reason for this change in PvE.

What do you fellow mesmers think about this change?

Either revert it or change axe ambush to give torment and bleeding instead of confusion. Mirage's specilization weapon is the axe. Right now Axe ambush ability is close to useless in PVE. I wont want to play staff condi mirage just to be viable. Give us back a viable axe build for the mirage for PVE...

@squallaus.8321 said:Either revert it or change axe ambush to give torment and bleeding instead of confusion. Mirage's specilization weapon is the axe. Right now Axe ambush ability is close to useless in PVE. I wont want to play staff condi mirage just to be viable. Give us back a viable axe build for the mirage for PVE...

I agree. Get rid of confusion and replace with conditions that actually work in PvE. Did you really need to release the patch like this to know that this wasn't going to work? Cmon, ANet. Get it together!

@squallaus.8321 said:Either revert it or change axe ambush to give torment and bleeding instead of confusion. Mirage's specilization weapon is the axe. Right now Axe ambush ability is close to useless in PVE. I wont want to play staff condi mirage just to be viable. Give us back a viable axe build for the mirage for PVE...

I'd rather have the confusion changes reverted back than axe applying torment. I think having a confusion focused weapon and ambush is a nice thing to have.

we all talked about pve , how is pvp tho , it seems to me condi mirage is dead in pvp as well . the double heavy nerf is too much .

it feels like anets way : we can't balance it so we delete it by smite boon it

do we really need to make confusion useless in all game mode , again

@musu.9205 said:we all talked about pve , how is pvp tho , it seems to me condi mirage is dead in pvp as well . the double heavy nerf is too much .

it feels like anets way : we can't balance it so we delete it by smite boon it

do we really need to make confusion useless in all game mode , again

Yeah their condi duration and stuff has been heavily nerfed. I haven't played PvP yet to tell you how bad it is, though.

I agree.

The previous change to make Torment and Confusion have the same tickdamage/second as Bleeding was genius. It was of course only sensible in PvE, but there it finally resolved a game-wide issue with condition imbalance.

And now for one of the two, we're more than back to square one :disappointed:

we all talked about pve , how is pvp tho , it seems to me condi mirage is dead in pvp as well . the double heavy nerf is too much .

Dunno. Couldn't care any less honestly, I play other games for PvP, GW2 isn't a good PvP game and never was. Which is fine, I have lots of games, I don't need one to provide everything :tongue:

@Carighan.6758 said:I agree.

The previous change to make Torment and Confusion have the same tickdamage/second as Bleeding was genius. It was of course only sensible in PvE, but there it finally resolved a game-wide issue with condition imbalance.

And now for one of the two, we're more than back to square one :disappointed:

Dunno. Couldn't care any less honestly, I play other games for PvP, GW2 isn't a good PvP game and never was. Which is fine, I have lots of games, I don't need one to provide everything :tongue:

i dont really play much pvp but while i still want a fun pvp match , guess thats not happening at all .

Agreed! Please fix these changes for PVE. I play this game as a casual player since pre-launch beta and this kind of dev'ing is getting old. To be honest if I hadn't spent so much time and money on this game I would have dropped it like a bad habit; that day is coming soon if we don't see something give here. This game is lauded as being the best for casual gamers all across the internet and casual gamers tend to stick to PVE. Why continue to alienate your PVE'rs for the sake of the PVP game? Why can't we have a proper split in skill sets and their conditions/boons? Quit wasting our time and yours spending it on developing 30+ mount skins for microtransactions on the BLTC and focus on the core game and skills. And for the love of god when you completely overhaul a class like you just did for Mesmers at least have the common courtesy to provide us with a free stat change for our ascended armor and weapons. I can't enjoy the game because I have to continuously work on gear for changes in meta or be forced out of being able to participate.

I posted this on the confusion discussion thread on the Guild Wars 2 Discussion forum and I will post it again here:

Revert changes to confusion in PvE.I don't know what was the logic behind the nerf there,it was the most random and uncalled for change in the patch notes.Confusion wasn't strong in PvE,it was ok.You basically made axe almost useless since it's a pure confusion weapon and its main use was in PvE.

Everyone understands and agrees confusion was strong in PvP/WvW so the changes there were needed,even though some of them were kinda overkill.Still,understandable.

You can't just completely change core features like that without warning randomly.Why did you give us info about alacrity and phantasms before the patch but not confusion?

What's the purpose of axe and confusion in general in PvE now?Use it only when you see the mob trying to hit?I could just crit it randomly for 7k at the start of the fight with a power build.Not everyone plays high end raids or top lvl fractals here who theorycraft and find different builds with staff etc,ditching confusion and weapon fun for optimal damage.Some and possibly most of the people in this game enjoy the solo PvE content.And for those people,like me,a fun build got nerfed without reason.It wasn't overperforming in anything.It was just ok.

I can still clear solo content with axe.I can also kill things with sword auto as a condition mirage.That doesn't mean it feels nice though.Why did you keep the DoT confusion since it hits for like 10 damage per stack?Do you feel 10 damage per tick serves any purpose?Or is it better than nothing I guess?Nothing makes sense.

Please,I don't know what the idea behind all these is,if it is a bug or not,but revert the changes in PvE.I don't know what your vision is,but you should have the player's fun factor as your aim.And if your vision ruins that fun,then you have to change your vision."Will this change be fun for the players?"

That's all.

@"Vicko.1204" said:I posted this on the confusion discussion thread on the Guild Wars 2 Discussion forum and I will post it again here:

Revert changes to confusion in PvE.I don't know what was the logic behind the nerf there,it was the most random and uncalled for change in the patch notes.Confusion wasn't strong in PvE,it was ok.You basically made axe almost useless since it's a pure confusion weapon and its main use was in PvE.

Everyone understands and agrees confusion was strong in PvP/WvW so the changes there were needed,even though some of them were kinda overkill.Still,understandable.

You can't just completely change core features like that without warning randomly.Why did you give us info about alacrity and phantasms before the patch but not confusion?

What's the purpose of axe and confusion in general in PvE now?Use it only when you see the mob trying to hit?I could just crit it randomly for 7k at the start of the fight with a power build.Not everyone plays high end raids or top lvl fractals here who theorycraft and find different builds with staff etc,ditching confusion and weapon fun for optimal damage.Some and possibly most of the people in this game enjoy the solo PvE content.And for those people,like me,a fun build got nerfed without reason.It wasn't overperforming in anything.It was just ok.

I can still clear solo content with axe.I can also kill things with sword auto as a condition mirage.That doesn't mean it feels nice though.Why did you keep the DoT confusion since it hits for like 10 damage per stack?Do you feel 10 damage per tick serves any purpose?Or is it better than nothing I guess?Nothing makes sense.

Please,I don't know what the idea behind all these is,if it is a bug or not,but revert the changes in PvE.I don't know what your vision is,but you should have the player's fun factor as your aim.And if your vision ruins that fun,then you have to change your vision."Will this change be fun for the players?"

That's all.

Thanks for your detailed comment! I agree with everything you said. I really hope the confusion change in PvE is a mistake because there is absolutely no reason for this change.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:Axe has changed but Crystal Sands and Jaunt haven't. I'd really grown to like Jaunt as well. :/

Maybe an oversight. I can't believe they would leave crystal sands and jaunt with confusion.

I'm guessing the changes were across the board for PVE/PVP/WVW (since separate skills are impossible between gameplay types apparently) so they left the confusion there so the PVP/WVW players still have a way to apply it. It's not strong enough for them to use it now though unless using F2 in conjunction with Riddle of Sand and it's useless in PVE so they may as well just remove confusion from the game at this point.

Again, the absolute simplest solution would have been to split confusion functionality between the modes and leave it there! Shifting to a new condition not only goes against the class theme but leaves it feeling broken and unfinished. Skills still have confusion associated with them but are now rendered useless in pve. This alongside of a slew of bugs(tides of time bug, weave self bug, griffon bug, etc) introduced in recent patches are quite troubling.

Archived