For those people complaining about p2w issues

Raven.1524

... Do people complain simply because they want the game and its expandions for free or they truly have no idea what gamers categorized as p2w?I mean... there are companies like Nexon, Aeria Games, and the entire mobile market if you wanna see why p2w is a term everyone hates but Arenanet and guild ward 2??Did these people only play offline games before playing guild wars 2 and post about the game being p2w? Or is just a scheme to see if anet drops the prices or releases free expansions?I honestly have no idea what's the basis of some posts complaining about the gem store is.... or maybe im just too old or something.

There's always going to be a very vocal minority that finds a way to complain about everything. In this case, it's probably mostly kids or people on very strict budgets that can't pay for the expansions but feel like the new elite specs are a bigger benefit than they probably are.

I imagine most players roll their eyes at another one of "these threads" but in spirit agrees with you. The vast majority will avoid the forums almost entirely, play the game, and not even consider that some people are trying to rabidly call out a p2w issue that doesn't exist.

There is some frustration that a lot of fashion items are gem store restricted and very few new ones come from gameplay. With "fashion wars" being a big deal to some players, they would like more rewards from playing the game than spending cash. The gems for gold conversion kills even the absurd argument of paying to win the fashion wars, but it still does sting a bit if a player wants more visual rewards for gameplay achievements.

People have an annoying tendancy of making up their own definitions and live by them without ever considering the possibility that their initial assessment is horribly flawed. You see this in politics & religion as well. Mindless copy/paste opinions and beliefs based on nothing but hearsay or a fictional book. I doubt that I'd have to tell anyone how hard it is to argue with anyone who's fully convinced of their irrationale. Best to let the sheep remain sheep.

Archived