Is there a way to make fresh air build survive better?

Axl.8924

Well earth is always good for more survivability, water too. Maybe swap one if these in.Tempest auraheal can give also a little bit more sustain without losing much dmg.Otherwise try to use water attunement when low and use your earth focus 5 when things get ugly.Everything else is practice.

I mean, for PvE you really shouldn't be trading your DPS for survivability in the long run. People expect you to be able to run high DPS as an ele. That said, I'm looking at the fresh air build on Meta Battle. I would def. recommend taking focus over warhorn until you have gotten used to your class. Fresh Air is super glassy and can take some time getting used too. I'd also recommend, instead of using full Berzerks gear for amor, starting with full Marauders gear or something even like Valkyrie Armor at first. This gives you extra vitality to allow you to make mistakes while first getting to know how the class roles. You really shouldn't be jumping into a full glass ele build if you aren't familiar with what you can and can't do (I'm working on the assumption that you aren't as familiar to the class yet as you might be with others, so I apologize if thats not the case.) As you get to know what you can and can't take, start swapping out those Marauders/Valkyrie gear for Berzerkers gear. You may also want to use Valkyrie trinkets at first to give you some health buffer before moving over to full Assassins. But at the end of the day, these are just the training wheels for the build and will need to come off sometime in the future in order for you to truly excel.

As for your other question, Magnetic Aura will reflect arrows, it doesn't block them. It should reflect all projectals, arrows included, unless the arrows are unblockable. I'm not too familiar with the mechanics of fractals, so I don't know if they are unblockable or not but if its cutting through your aura, then they are probably unblockable. Magnetic Wave (Earth Focus 4) should as far as I know work the same way as Magnetic Aura, just that its not an aura for balance reasons I guess.

If I'm wrong on that Magnetic Aura thing, anyone please correct me.

@Axl.8924 said:Question does magnetic aura actually completely block arrows? i've had it and died really fast in fractals.That one level where you have the enemies and you got those stupid ballistas destroy me fast.

The AoEs from the arrow carts in the Urban Battleground (charr/ascalon) fractal do not count as projectiles and cannot be reflected. I think the ballista shots are projectiles, but I'm not positive on that. The first part of the fractal can be pretty chaotic, so don't feel too bad about dying during it. Try to destroy the burning oil pots above Dulfy and then stack on her with your group after that.

By the way am i supposed to be spamming lightning 1 and 2? I do so much damage when i do these moves as a ELE and i did massive damage on the bigg drill suit boss guy with bombs.Once he was weakened, i kept throwing lightning at him and i did like 40k and up.

If you're dealing with random trash mobs, you can just spam 1 and 2 in air to get rid of them. Overload Air on cool down, then swap out to fire for Fire 3, then switch back to Air and continue.

If you're fighting a boss, your rotation should be more like:Start in Fire, use Fire 3 and Fire 5 (if the boss has a large hitbox/stationary/doesn't move a lot)Switch to Air, use Air 5 then spam 1 until you can overload Air.Switch back to fire and repeat.

You can use your Glyph of the Storms after you overload if your fire attunement is still on cooldown. Try and use it only in Air, unless the recent balance patch has opened up its uses a bit. You should almost never be attuning to Water or Earth, unless you are running focus in battle for training wheels and need Earth 5 to escape a rough situation.

Dagger 1 in air is a decent auto-attack I think, so its fine to spam. Use Overload Air on cooldown like fuzzyp said, and make sure to switch to a non-air attunement after it's finished then back to air to significantly reduce its cooldown.

Damage against the dredge powersuit (and ice elemental) in that fractal is greatly inflated. The bosses have a bunch of extra health, which is why they need to get lava poured on them so you can deal extra damage. I think it's around a 10x damage increase while they have the superheated debuff.

If you're using dagger/focus, you already have a big portion of ele's survivability tools.Thing is just, you also have to know to use them at the right time, and still avoid any normally avoidable damage.With focus, air 4 destroys projectiles in an area around you for a while. Of course if you walk out of that area, projectiles can still hit you.Earth 4 reflects projectiles, also making them harmless to you for a short duration and returning them to the enemies. Earth 5 makes you completely invulnerable for a few seconds.

You'll want a good heal - Glyph of Elemental Harmony is the fastest big heal, Wash the Pain Away is great in fractals for its aoe healing, Ether Renewal if you find yourself dying often to conditions.

If you use warhorn off-hand (assuming you have / use tempest), you lose some of the damage-negation of focus, but gain extra sustain in water. Warhorn water 5 is a traveling water field that you can easily burst with water 3 and earth 4 for more healing in blasts (may have to walk with the orb since it moves). Water 4 also heals and regens. Earth 4 grants protection to you and allies while also reflecting projectiles for a short while through earth aura.

Best survival utlitities are Arcane Shield, Armor of Earth and Mistform (though mistform makes you unable to do anything else for its duration, unlike the other two). If you tend to die in a big group of trash mobs, then Glyph of Storms cast in earth attunement could help with its sheer amount of blinds in an aoe (Earth 5 on warhorn also has blinds). And well.. Rebound. Timed right this elite can save you from dying. Else you get an aura of your attunement at the time the rebound buff runs out (so in earth you'd get projectile reflection for a short time). Depending on trait setup, auras may also give you extra boons or heal you - though that often trades damage for survivability cause of the other available trait choices.

@Axl.8924 said:So i went with metabattle's fresh air build dagger focus, and i looked up the strategy, and i went to a daily fractal tier 1 nightmare, and i got wrecked, so i came here to ask for some tips on surviving.

The meta is built around a meta team, which means full meta support (Chrono, Druid, Banner+EA Warrior). If you have raid meta support, stay tight on the target(s) and let your support do its thing. Don't ever take off running. Step just outside red circles and keep up your rotation so you don't go out of range of boons and heals.

If you don't have raid meta support, try to get it. There are plenty of guilds out there that will help train people in how to get the most out of their characters and perform as part of a team. Guilds are a much better option than the PUGs off the LFG tool. If you can't get raid meta support and/or don't want to commit to one of those guilds, then I'd recommend re-traiting and re-gearing for unsupported gameplay.

For example, I main a Sc/Wh Fresh Air Ele that is far from meta. I spec Air/Arcane/Tempest with Marauder's gear, Strength runes, and Strength/Air sigils. The build maintains a lot of might and fury, plus some vulnerability. It has over 17k health, compared to ~11k on Berserker. I trigger Sand Squall at 90% health, Arcane Shield at 50% health, and have Arcane Shield on demand in my utility bar. Solo, that's a near-permanent 97% crit chance, easy might-stacking for enhanced damage (and even a little condi damage), a ton of extra health, stability from overloads, and solid defense.

I wouldn't want to use that Ele build with raid meta support. My damage would be low, I'd have a lot of redundant boons and overcapped crit chance, and I'd have way more vitality and defense than I need. it's not built for running with raid meta support, though, it's built to run solo or in casual groups.

With fresh air dagger in PvE, the key to survival is to max-melee. You can hit with Air 1 from 300 range, safely out of reach of most melee mobs. Stay mobile and you can avoid most melee attacks without dodging. Previous replies have covered missile defense, utilities, and self healing. Now if you really want a challenge, try fresh air sword weaver.

So before this i was scepter focus and i went for staff ele because its the most damage for fractals.for soloing i think i could happily be scepter focus.I was told that staff has best damage for aoe and that kind of stuff for fractals.I ended up changing my build a little from fresh air to bolt through the heart, and from burning precison to cleansing fire for dealing with enemies with condis.I was told not to sacrifice fire glyph so i didn't.

Archived