Would you like to see underwater content in the next LS/EXP and why (if they rework combat system)?

Evil.1580

I'd love to explore such maps. Of Course, after combat system has been touched here and there to make it more intuitive and exciting.

1. New enemies
  2. Possibly new race
  3. Bubbles?
  4. Underwater mounts and mechanics to travel with currents?
  5. Love the visuals of the legendary underwater weapons
  6. Something new
  7. Pirate ships battles
  8. Submarine Battles
  9. Mermaids?
  10. Underwater caves with legendary monsters and unknown treasures?
  11. Riding a shark?
  12. Dolphins race?
  13. Bubbles?
  14. Areas I haven't been/heard before
  15. Giant octopus meta event with 8 grps for 8 tentacles to defeat?
  16. Bubbles?
  17. Vertical exploration?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only because underwater combat is abysmal and after years of requests they have made zero effort to improve it. Many professions are heavily restricted on what skills they can use underwater, some of which only have 1 heal & elite available. If they make a legitimate effort to improve underwater combat then sure... and such an effort includes adding more underwater weapons.

@Panda.1967 said:Only because underwater combat is abysmal and after years of requests they have made zero effort to improve it. Many professions are heavily restricted on what skills they can use underwater, some of which only have 1 heal & elite available. If they make a legitimate effort to improve underwater combat then sure... and such an effort includes adding more underwater weapons.

If such content is coming there shouldn't be any doubt about new weapons and skill rework. I accept your vote as YES :)

Yes, but they'd have to really rework the underwater combat and skills. since it's really lackluster, especially on my thief with a condition build. can't do a thing right now.also a lot of the new utility skills from the classes are unable to be used underwater which is really adding to the whole lackluster aspect of underwater combat

I love exploring under water and I'd very much like to see what's out in the Endless Ocean. (Although I seem to remember the karka came inland to escape from something out there...possibly the dragons minions, so I'm a bit nervous about it too.)

I understand that fighting in 3D environments can be hard to get used to, but I think it is just a matter of getting used to it. (Was I really the only one who played the 3D Ecco the Dolphin game on Dreamcast and PS2?) and as other people have said obviously an underwater themed expansion/LS release would include new underwater skills and maybe new weapons too, so the combat would be better.

I say Yes with caveats - underwater combat options and skills have to be tweaked and broadened for professions, for example, revenants need access to all their legends, not just a couple. More underwater weapon choices would be good, too, but I'd settle for existing being improved.

Also, although I'm not bothered myself, you have to include Fishing as a new crafting/harvesting option in any (under)water-themed stuff. I think it's the rules, or something. ;)

@Ceridwen.6703 said:I say Yes with caveats - underwater combat options and skills have to be tweaked and broadened for professions, for example, revenants need access to all their legends, not just a couple. More underwater weapon choices would be good, too, but I'd settle for existing being improved.

Also, although I'm not bothered myself, you have to include Fishing as a new crafting/harvesting option in any (under)water-themed stuff. I think it's the rules, or something. ;)

OMG FISHING YES !

AND whale hunting with groups/squads

Oh yes. I love underwater areas. Even crafted the UW legendaries because I could, and the collections were another excuse to hunt down there. For all the oooh aaaah about gliding, underwater sections were already there as vertically-enabled areas to explore, and as opposed to gliding we can stop anywhere and use skills (well, some of them at least). It's sadly extremely underused, both in terms of events (see Auric Basin for an example of a large underwater section that most players probably don't even know about) and game mechanics (rather small variety of underwater-only gathering nodes, and complete lack of seafood-related crafting). It's a bit mad that we have spears and harpoon guns, can dive to hunt every kind of marine life, yet still can't cook a fish steak or make fish oil.

@Panda.1967 said:Only because underwater combat is abysmal and after years of requests they have made zero effort to improve it. Many professions are heavily restricted on what skills they can use underwater, some of which only have 1 heal & elite available. If they make a legitimate effort to improve underwater combat then sure... and such an effort includes adding more underwater weapons.

This exactly. Underwater combat is immeasurably worse then on-land combat and is overall just not fun

Missing a "neutral" option or two in the poll, so I'll just write it here: I think could be fun and a distinct change of pace. But at the same time, the amount of work they'd have to invest to make underwater combat anything other than a pain (due to so many unavailable skills, thus many traits being useless and entire builds being broken) would be immense. If this much work is to be put in the skill/trait system, I'd first and foremost like to see it go to a complete split of PvP (including WvW) from PvE so "balancing" one mode doesn't screw the other over, and a good hard look a build diversity.

@Chadramar.8156 said:Missing a "neutral" option or two in the poll, so I'll just write it here: I think could be fun and a distinct change of pace. But at the same time, the amount of work they'd have to invest to make underwater combat anything other than a pain (due to so many unavailable skills, thus many traits being useless and entire builds being broken) would be immense. If this much work is to be put in the skill/trait system, I'd first and foremost like to see it go to a complete split of PvP (including WvW) from PvE so "balancing" one mode doesn't screw the other over, and a good hard look a build diversity.

Or add separated 4th trait line that works only underwater.

I am not sure how much effort they have to put to rework the combat system but yeah - it has to be done. And I really hope for that.

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@Chadramar.8156 said:Missing a "neutral" option or two in the poll, so I'll just write it here: I think could be fun and a distinct change of pace. But at the same time, the amount of work they'd have to invest to make underwater combat anything other than a pain (due to so many unavailable skills, thus many traits being useless and entire builds being broken) would be immense. If this much work is to be put in the skill/trait system, I'd first and foremost like to see it go to a complete split of PvP (including WvW) from PvE so "balancing" one mode doesn't screw the other over, and a good hard look a build diversity.

Or add separated 4th trait line that works only underwater.

I am not sure how much effort they have to put to rework the combat system but yeah - it has to be done. And I really hope for that.

Or have a underwater and land build. Have the trait-lines also change while underwater too.... and most of all make all skills work underwater in some way.Maybe even have a underwater only epic trait for each prof.

Nope.While I like the occasional underwater fight here and there and it makes sense that I can be underwater (diving and swimming) and also defend myself there, I don't like the fights that much. It feels weird, delayed, slow and unresponsive and the sound is also just like being drunk. In real life (Oh, I can already feel the heat for saying that) you usually do not fight in atmospheres where you (humans) are not supposed to be.

@Zedek.8932 said:Nope.While I like the occasional underwater fight here and there and it makes sense that I can be underwater (diving and swimming) and also defend myself there, I don't like the fights that much. It feels weird, delayed, slow and unresponsive and the sound is also just like being drunk. In real life (Oh, I can already feel the heat for saying that) you usually do not fight in atmospheres where you (humans) are not supposed to be.

reeeeeeeeee real life

So basically we would like to get the underwater content only if they rework the combat system a little and make additional underwater trait or separate underwater build?

@Zedek.8932 said:Nope.While I like the occasional underwater fight here and there and it makes sense that I can be underwater (diving and swimming) and also defend myself there, I don't like the fights that much. It feels weird, delayed, slow and unresponsive and the sound is also just like being drunk. In real life (Oh, I can already feel the heat for saying that) you usually do not fight in atmospheres where you (humans) are not supposed to be.

@Rauderi.8706 said:Forgotten poll option:YES (if ANet puts in all the necessary underwater skills and designs traits to support it, which includes more than half of the Revenant legends)

@Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:Or have a underwater and land build. Have the trait-lines also change while underwater too.... and most of all make all skills work underwater in some way.Maybe even have a underwater only epic trait for each prof.

@bOTEB.1573 said:So basically we would like to get the underwater content only if they rework the combat system a little and make additional underwater trait or separate underwater build?

@Rauderi.8706 said:Forgotten poll option:YES (if ANet puts in all the necessary underwater skills and designs traits to support it, which includes more than half of the Revenant legends)

@Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:Or have a underwater and land build. Have the trait-lines also change while underwater too.... and most of all make all skills work underwater in some way.Maybe even have a underwater only epic trait for each prof.

underwater content is sorely due for a revamp

I say yes, but I wouldn't really want it to be combat based. So I guess I'd want small parts of the updates to feature underwater elements, such as underwater cities for exploration, puzzles, maybe a new underwater hub where you can craft, maybe even an underwater guild hall at some point. But I'd prefer the combat to remain on land since I hate underwater combat.

Archived