A-net other professions up rework?

ZDragon.3046

I want to post there here and hope that at least some dev. Any dev regardless of what profession they work on or what they do can answer it.

Yesterdays patch was to say the least.... interesting. I despise fighting mesmers yet I had a some enjoyment just watching them experiment and do their own thing. (when I was not the target XD that was mostly panic).

The rework of mesmer and most of its core profession seems to be something most players from my experience are enjoying. As a result of the rework Chronomancer and Mirage both are able to provide new playstles for players to enjoy.

My main question and point is.

Is this the end?

Will we see all professions being looked at and reworked to the point and extent that mesmer was from a core aspect. Or will mesmer be the only ones to get a major rework of mechanics.

While I know it takes time to do reworks on this scale it would be nice to know if other professions are on the radar for reworks in the near future. While mesmers "To shatter or not to shatter" problem was an issue. Other professions have issues at a core level that makes a shaky base foundation for any elite spec thrown on top of them be those issues bigger or smaller than the mesmers issues were.

We all, as players, see that our professions have problems. I think most of us, the players, can agree on that. Regardless of what you play at its core base there are problems that have gone unchecked in the player base community and some times it feels like the problems go ignored regardless of how many times they are brought up.

Reworks like this are a chance to show that you guys are willing to make change and try new things to fix the issues players have with the professions they love to play.

Balance changes are nice way to touch up and fix bugs and provide quality of life upgrades but thats not what im talking about here. Im talking about changes that completely shift how a profession is played for the better. That means new flavor, new mechanics, and revisiting old things that people don't use with fresh ideas instead of a 10% increase or 2 second lower cooldown.

New ways to enjoy the game that were not possible before that dont simply crumble or are tethered down by a shaky core base with issues that remain unsolved. (The elite specs)Even you guys said that this was the most work you have ever done out side of an elite spec during a balance change.

Mesmer is off the check list so whats next?Necro? Engi? Ele? Rev?

I get the feeling next thing is barrier will probably be nerfed into the ground since people were crying about it, and vampire drain thing for necros, then necros will cry and we wil get some really small buff and quality of life change for reaper then a new expansion comes out same thing all over.NECRO OVERPOWERED NERF NERF!! and byebye new elite spec.

@Axl.8924 said:I get the feeling next thing is barrier will probably be nerfed into the ground since people were crying about it, and vampire drain thing for necros, then necros will cry and we wil get some really small buff and quality of life change for reaper then a new expansion comes out same thing all over.NECRO OVERPOWERED NERF NERF!! and byebye new elite spec.

Well the thing is big changes like this should come to mmos after a few years when things start to get stale and old. This fixes problems to all professions after a game has been out for a few years. Mesmer was a start now i want to know if other profession are in line for the same or if mesmer will be the only one to be noticed because its what alot of people play.

I'd love to see lots of QOL improvements for necro, but not sure how they get around without tons of QQ from the pvp community.Sometimes i wonder if they just want necro to be a free punching bag.

Necro needs a overhaul on its old stuff so we can have decent builds from vanilla necros.

We need something that fits a role other than afk soloing enemies, so we can get into a group in fractals/raid, and we need don't need even more excuses to be kicked from raids and pve fractals.

@Axl.8924 said:I'd love to see lots of QOL improvements for necro, but not sure how they get around without tons of QQ from the pvp community.Sometimes i wonder if they just want necro to be a free punching bag.

Necro needs a overhaul on its old stuff so we can have decent builds from vanilla necros.

We need something that fits a role other than afk soloing enemies, so we can get into a group in fractals/raid, and we need don't need even more excuses to be kicked from raids and pve fractals.

I feel like a fix to most of the core traits and mechanics will slove problems with reaper for sure. Scourge on the other hand is a mess. Its spec differs to far from the original concept of the necromancer and while core fixes could help the profession I dont think that only core fixes will solve the issues people have with scourge.

Honestly, mesmers needed to be less reliant on fantasms. In a way what they did helped a lot mesmers to find a balanced state in the game because fantasms were the reason behind mesmers struggling in achieving a balanced dps (even if it will still need some time before it truly bear fruits).

Now, to say that it was a huge change... That's not true. They managed to just tweek a little the mechanism.

That said, you are right when you wonder if that's the end of it. Since launch, 2 and a half professions really suffered from their special mechanism:

• mesmer due to fantasm and this is in the process to be fixed.
  • ranger due to it's pet and anet here chose to work around instead of working on it directly (Druid and soulbeast)
  • And the remaining half is the necromancer. Why half? Because it's not something that they aknowledge. No. To be more accurate, they badly want it to work yet they fail to create something balanced in all gamemodes.

I'd really like them to finally get together, admit the necromancer's flaw in design and try to find a solution to it. However I'd also really wanted to see them continue their fix on the ranger's pets after they worked on moa but it seem it was way to much work for them and they chose to stop. That's why my hopes are not high.

@Dadnir.5038 said:Honestly, mesmers needed to be less reliant on fantasms. In a way what they did helped a lot mesmers to find a balanced state in the game because fantasms were the reason behind mesmers struggling in achieving a balanced dps (even if it will still need some time before it truly bear fruits).

Now, to say that it was a huge change... That's not true. They managed to just tweek a little the mechanism.

That said, you are right when you wonder if that's the end of it. Since launch, 2 and a half professions really suffered from their special mechanism:

• mesmer due to fantasm and this is in the process to be fixed.
  • ranger due to it's pet and anet here chose to work around instead of working on it directly (Druid and soulbeast)
  • And the remaining half is the necromancer. Why half? Because it's not something that they aknowledge. No. To be more accurate, they badly want it to work yet they fail to create something balanced in all gamemodes.

I'd really like them to finally get together, admit the necromancer's flaw in design and try to find a solution to it. However I'd also really wanted to see them continue their fix on the ranger's pets after they worked on moa but it seem it was way to much work for them and they chose to stop. That's why my hopes are not high.

I think the change was pretty large the fact that the compared it to creating an elite spec some what says so. While not everyone sees it as a big change I certainly veiw it as a lot of time invested and put into the mesmer to make sure that its problems got fixed. They done it without simply slapping an elite spec on top of it to make up for the gaps.Generally warnings are not posted on changes coming in balance patches like that unless its something thats going to be a major change.

Your point you bring up with ranger and the pet is very valid thats been a argued complaint sense the start of the game not to mention how bad 80% of the pets actually are. They could have fixed that early on with a traitline that removes the pet from play and focuses on boosting the player character. Soulbeast was a very late half solution to that as it still requires you to swap in and out of beast mode to make the best of it. And because most of the pets are still bad it didnt solve the crumbling problems that alot of the soul beast skills or beast skills are bad.

Now lets see where they go from here. I would really hope to have one of them open up to us with more information on at least a road map of whats to come this year but thats wishful thinking.

Archived