Power Spellbreaker Rotation

Mikeskies.1536

For those wondering, I believe the following is the optimal Spellbreaker rotation. Axe 4 and 5 are the key damage components., and should be used under the effects of Peak Performance. Reached 30k DPS using standard buffs and no infusions. Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3Xj8cQdH23BWdAnIWICM8fcR+Jr8FeCxAjAQEYAA-jxRBABmpEEPdDA8EAITZwV7PK9e4iAQp6PkCIiJbA-e

1. "To the Limit!"
  2. Axe Burst
  3. Kick
  4. Axe 5
  5. Weapon Swap
  6. Greatsword Burst
  7. Greatsword 2
  8. Greatsword 3
  9. Greatsword Autochain
  10. Greatsword Burst
  11. Weapon Swap
  12. Axe Burst
  13. Kick
  14. Axe 4
  15. (Axe 3 if target HP<50%)
  16. Axe 5
  17. (Axe 3 if target HP<50%)
  18. Repeat from Step 5

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:I don't believe you reached 30k dps with this. I can only reach 17k dps on a power warrior with a fully optimised damage build. How are you recording that damage? With arc?

I will record one later this evening. The posted build is like .3% points shy of crit cap. I am going to re-test with 100% crit and share my results.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:I don't believe you reached 30k dps with this. I can only reach 17k dps on a power warrior with a fully optimised damage build. How are you recording that damage? With arc?

I will record one later this evening. The posted build is like .3% points shy of crit cap. I am going to re-test with 100% crit and share my results.

Maybe I'm not understanding the golem correctly (I am new to testing DPS in this way). Do you use the numbers you see coming up on Arcdps? Or do you fully kill the golem and use the in-game numbers from the golem? Also which golem did you use? Super strong or crazy strong? I want to make sure I get this completely right.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Maybe I'm not understanding the golem correctly (I am new to testing DPS in this way). Do you use the numbers you see coming up on Arcdps? Or do you fully kill the golem and use the in-game numbers from the golem? Also which golem did you use? Super strong or crazy strong? I want to make sure I get this completely right.

I used Arc and in-game and got the same result. Average golem. 4k HP. All conditions. Boons: Might, Fury, Alacrity, Regeneration, Quickness, Protection. Class specific bonuses: Spotter, Sun Spirit, Frost Spirit, Banner of Strength, Banner of Discipline, Empower Allies.

@Ertrak.9506 said:

there are already videos of people getting 32k dps (golem output and arc) so, I'd believe that there's something you're not doing right.

I am sceptical of the 32k DPS. I tried his rotation and only reached 28k DPS. Reasons I am sceptical: (1) Soulbeast in group; (2) Minimap could be hiding buffs; (3) Build/utilities not shown; (4) Golem settings not shown. I reached 30k DPS with the rotation and build I posted above. I will post a video tonight with 100% crit cap and power infusions.

Thanks for sharing it @Mikeskies.1536 !My 2-cents: did some tests and managed to do 28-29k~ish DPS with the same build and rotation, although for power build I only got exotic armor (only the rest are ascended), missing few % for crit cap, used cheap food and still did one or two errors in every try. So with perfect build and rotation 30k DPS should be totally achievable.

@Zsoak.5409 said:Thanks for sharing it @Mikeskies.1536 !My 2-cents: did some tests and managed to do 28-29k~ish DPS with the same build and rotation, although for power build I only got exotic armor (only the rest are ascended), missing few % for crit cap, used cheap food and still did one or two errors in every try. So with perfect build and rotation 30k DPS should be totally achievable.

One thing I noticed was that, even with 99.7% crit, Whirling Axe was only critting around 90%, so I want to see if 100% fixes that. Whirling Axe should hit for 130k consistently, but sometimes I found it only hitting for 110k.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

I used Arc and in-game and got the same result. Average golem. 4k HP. All conditions. Boons: Might, Fury, Alacrity, Regeneration, Quickness, Protection. Class specific bonuses: Spotter, Sun Spirit, Frost Spirit, Banner of Strength, Banner of Discipline, Empower Allies.

I see the issue. I was using a high hp golem and I hadn't applied any conditions to it. I applied all boons but not quickness, I didn't think full quickness uptime was realistic and I didn't use any profession buffs. But if that is the generally agreed upon configuration for testing then I'll report back to you with my new numbers.

After a bit of practicing, gear optimizing and with better food I managed to hit over 31k DPS top, 30k DPS average. (Same build and rotation which @"Mikeskies.1536" posted, realistic buffs etc.)Axe burst is indeed a weak point, there's a guy who did 34.5k DPS using Full Counter, more GS bursts and less Eviscerates (same build).There's also a guy who did 33.6k DPS with A/D + D/A combo, I didn't test it yet myself, although I like the flow of the GS +A/A build more. Wastrel's Ruin is also an RNG gamble against real targets.

@Zsoak.5409 said:After a bit of practicing, gear optimizing and with better food I managed to hit over 31k DPS top, 30k DPS average. (Same build and rotation which @"Mikeskies.1536" posted, realistic buffs etc.)Axe burst is indeed a weak point, there's a guy who did 34.5k DPS using Full Counter, more GS bursts and less Eviscerates (same build).There's also a guy who did 33.6k DPS with A/D + D/A combo, I didn't test it yet myself, although I like the flow of the GS +A/A build more. Wastrel's Ruin is also an RNG gamble against real targets.

Yes, dropping Eviscerate from the Rotation is the way to go. Also, I think if you add Bull's Charge in place of Signet of Fury and wear Assassin's Chest to Boots and Sigil of Accuracy, you can break 35k DPS. The rotation can also be optimized by using Bull's Charge, Arcing Slice, Full Counter, Arcing Slice for even more DPS. Arcing Slice hits over 30k with a 1/2 cast.

I am not a fan of the Axe Dagger build, because Dagger 4 will be way too unreliable in an actual combat setting. I assume the build will break 35K DPS on the golem though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkMEQNk4uI&t=0s

I know some folks aren't a fan of the Axe/D+D/Axe setup, but I like it more than the GS one. I feel like the GS one relies really hard on full counter and you can very easily screw up your peak performance uptime. I wanted to try bolas instead of bull's charge for less burst but higher peak performance uptime. Ended up with about the same number as the 33.6k posted earlier with bull charge. IMO they are all pretty good and you can really just play what you like, which is great.

@"ButterPeanut.9746" said:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkMEQNk4uI&t=0s

I know some folks aren't a fan of the Axe/D+D/Axe setup, but I like it more than the GS one. I feel like the GS one relies really hard on full counter and you can very easily screw up your peak performance uptime. I wanted to try bolas instead of bull's charge for less burst but higher peak performance uptime. Ended up with about the same number as the 33.6k posted earlier with bull charge. IMO they are all pretty good and you can really just play what you like, which is great.

I reached 32.5k last night with Greatsword and Axe/Axe, with no full counter and no greatsword whirl. I will post a video this weekend, but I think this would be the most reliable build. I think it will be RNG on the daggers. Sigil of Accuracy, Assassin's Helm, Chest, Legs for 100% crit.

On a side note, ran Spellbteaker and Xera last night and it was really good. Great burst on shards, great cleave, good CC and boon removal.

Update for anyone interested in the Greatsword / Axes build and rotation: 32.5k DPS; 33k DPS with perfect rotation. You eke out additional DPS from going very quickly through the rotation.

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3Xj8cQdHW2BWdAnIWICMlvwTIGg/jLyPZjAQEYAA-jxBBAB5pboSVVGVtCAuIAnpEEr9HlfB8EACAcAc+5ZezDO/8zP/8zr5nf+5nf+5nf+5lCIiJbA-e

Rotation: (Start in Greatsword)

1. "To the Limit!"
  2. Bull's Charge
  3. Greatsword Burst
  4. Weapon Swap
  5. Axe Burst
  6. Axe 4
  7. Kick
  8. Axe 5
  9. Weapon Swap
  10. Greatsword Burst
  11. Greatsword 2
  12. Greatsword Autochain
  13. Greatsword 4
  14. Kick
  15. Greatsword Burst
  16. Weapon Swap
  17. Axe 2
  18. Axe 3
  19. Axe 4
  20. Axe 5
  21. Axe Burst
  22. Bull's Charge
  23. Axe 2
  24. Axe 3
  25. Repeat from Step 9*

*Notes: Bull's Charge will be available every other rotation. In addition, when Kick only has 1 charge and is in danger of going on full cooldown, use Bull's Charge in place of Kick in the rotation, then proceed as normal. This will happen around 35% of Golem HP.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

@"ButterPeanut.9746" said:

I reached 32.5k last night with Greatsword and Axe/Axe, with no full counter and no greatsword whirl. I will post a video this weekend, but I think this would be the most reliable build. I think it will be RNG on the daggers. Sigil of Accuracy, Assassin's Helm, Chest, Legs for 100% crit.

On a side note, ran Spellbteaker and Xera last night and it was really good. Great burst on shards, great cleave, good CC and boon removal.

Using my 33.5k as an example, if I looked at my arc log subtracted 1/2 of the damage from dagger #4 (i.e. every dagger #4 was during an attack), then I still ended up at 32k. I think in practice both builds will be pretty close to each other. Having variety and options is good!

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:

Using my 33.5k as an example, if I looked at my arc log subtracted 1/2 of the damage from dagger #4 (i.e. every dagger #4 was during an attack), then I still ended up at 32k. I think in practice both builds will be pretty close to each other. Having variety and options is good!

Yes, it is awesome! It is also great to have a Power DPS build that competes with the Condi DPS build on small hitbox and power friendly fights.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

Yes, it is awesome! It is also great to have a Power DPS build that competes with the Condi DPS build on small hitbox and power friendly fights.

I need to try this. I was only getting 18K dps when I tried with no set rotation using Berserker and Banners. Any idea what it would be bringing Banners if you're the only Warrior? I just do fractals

@Grok Krog.9581 said:

I need to try this. I was only getting 18K dps when I tried with no set rotation using Berserker and Banners. Any idea what it would be bringing Banners if you're the only Warrior? I just do fractals

As a solo warrior, you will have to run Tactics for EA and Banners in place of Signet of Might and Bull's Charge. But you will also be able to provide Might again with Phalanx Strength as an option if your group lacks a Druid. The rotation will be slightly changed as well, since you lose access to Fast Hands. I will test it tonight.

Edit: Tested - 23k DPS, maybe 24k DPS with perfect rotation.

Archived