Thanks anet

Brutaly.6257

Just have to say thanks in a separate thread to you guys, that you adressed the issues a lot of us saw in the firebrand.

Even though i havent played mine for a long time (basically due to sluggish and outdated mechanics) i am thrilled about that you adressed the issues in the profession i started out this game with.

FB as a design has great potential and add complexity to the game play and i think you guys just released some of the potential.

Thanks and see you in wvw.

Ditto in all shapes and forms, my guard has been shelved since the beggining of HoT because I just couldn't enjoy playing DH for the life of me and traditionally I've been always focused in more supported oriented roles so FB feels right up there for me, the design and concept are great but the execution felt a bit wonky on BW however these changes really set it to be more effective and smoother.

@RabbitUp.8294 said:I wish I could share you sentiment. To me, those changes seem like the correction of a design flaw of the spec, rather than an improvement.

At the same time, they detract from the problems that still exist with the spec. It's a step in the right direction, but the road is long.

Maybe true but do you think it's actually possible for Anet to address a design flaw with the spec so close to PoF release? Not a chance. Maybe it's a massive bandaid, but we know Anet works towards a reasonable position on most specs we have in the game.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@RabbitUp.8294 said:I wish I could share you sentiment. To me, those changes seem like the correction of a design flaw of the spec, rather than an improvement.

At the same time, they detract from the problems that still exist with the spec. It's a step in the right direction, but the road is long.

Maybe true but do you think it's actually possible for Anet to address a design flaw with the spec so close to PoF release? Not a chance. Maybe it's a massive bandaid, but we know Anet works towards a reasonable position on most specs we have in the game.

They were not as hesitant with other specs. We got number tweaks, while others got full trait reworks. There was space to add more power to firebrand through Stoic Demeanor, that right now feels like a placeholder trait.

And looking back at HoT, that's exactly what they did with druid, by creating Grace of the Land close to release. It wasn't one day, but it was only a couple of weeks prior to launch.

And how am I supposed to be thankfull for these changes? They artificially created the problems they solved today by giving us ridiculous cast times and cooldowns. We got a mind-blowing 40s reduction on a 90 second skill, on top of buffs to that skill. Am I to believe they completely missed the mark the first time?

To me, it only feels like firebrand was launched with a defect, and what we see today, is only the removal of that defect.

Archived