This ugly system of unfair matches and carry system

Delweyn.1309

Nothing has changed. And nothing has changed when you win too many matches, even when you fight like crazy and the score is tight, the game will give you the worst players thinking that you can carry people for many many matches.

And after many many loses, the stupid system will think that you suck and should be carried. And then you will win many many matches in a row, some very easy until.... You know what.

And after such stupid loses, when you see clearly that you lose because your teammates are doing 4v2 at close and are inferior (because the log system show that only ennemy kills your mates) , then you lose all motivation to play serioulsy, waiting the turn when the system will puts you with normal people from your level.

Maybe something intelligent will be done one day.

When fight are balanced they are so interesting but.... it happens 1/50 matches... maybe ...

The only difference is that the OP doesn't have a win trading team, after seeing the "win trade post" on here that was deleted and still available on reddit, it's very very simple to see how these "top" players are abuuuuuusing the system. But hey it's all about having fun right? :smile:

@shippage.1983 said:Look at the top 10 players. They have the exact same chances as you when they queue up. The only difference is that they play differently. What are they doing that you aren't? Try to solve that question and your rank will only go up.

yeah nice, i get matched with the top 10 players in unranked + i know their skill levels and they aren't better in any way, they just play duo and only during peak hours cus at night you get uncarriable mongoloids

i was stuck in gold (im plat+ now) but my actual skill level is much higher than 90% of the people in top 250 (because i actually know who they are since i look at people's names when i fight them and i'm not a monkey so i actually remember them)

i made an alt class which i've never played, signed ranked met one of the top 10 ppl on his main class with his main build and killed him 1v1 with 90 minute experience on my new class

the top players are abusing the system cus the system is really easy to abuse and the system is really bad and doesn't represent skill level , at all

and i'm not saying this out of spite cause i don't care about gw2 ranking and cus i dont play gw2 as my main game, i'm saying it cus i have good memory for player names and cus when i look at the top 20 and top 250 i see people that i've met in game and i know their skill levels

@incisorr.9502 said:

@shippage.1983 said:Look at the top 10 players. They have the exact same chances as you when they queue up. The only difference is that they play differently. What are they doing that you aren't? Try to solve that question and your rank will only go up.

yeah nice, i get matched with the top 10 players in unranked + i know their skill levels and they aren't better in any way, they just play duo and only during peak hours cus at night you get uncarriable mongoloids

i was stuck in gold (im plat+ now) but my actual skill level is much higher than 90% of the people in top 250 (because i actually know who they are since i look at people's names when i fight them and i'm not a monkey so i actually remember them)

i made an alt class which i've never played, signed ranked met one of the top 10 ppl on his main class with his main build and killed him 1v1 with 90 minute experience on my new class

the top players are abusing the system cus the system is really easy to abuse and the system is really bad and doesn't represent skill level ,
at all

and i'm not saying this out of spite cause i don't care about gw2 ranking and cus i dont play gw2 as my main game, i'm saying it cus i have good memory for player names and cus when i look at the top 20 and top 250 i see people that i've met in game and i know their skill levels

I mean I don't disagree... but it's a mentality problem really.

Yes the matchmaking is broken af and you get god awful teams, but is there anything you can do about it? Well you can duo q or that's about it. You really just need to spam the games till you hit a decent rank, then stop playing to maintain rank.

The way I see it is, you spend your mental resources on one thing at a time. You can waste all your focus on how bad your team is, or you can focus on yourself and get better results. Sure it won't fix the bad matchmaking, but when you consider your options it's really all you can do.

Yes top players play well but there is a lot of match manipulating too.

As the system calculate very well the level of player, to put them with the pack of good or bad, the question is why Anet team don't make the change to just change 1 player of each team to really balance ? In most cases, it will be just good enought to have amore balanced (a fun) match.

Because mix 1 or 2 good player with 3 or 4 very bad (not simply average or bad) is why the matchmaking is such a problem.

@shippage.1983 said:

the top players are abusing the system cus the system is really easy to abuse and the system is really bad and doesn't represent skill level ,
at all

I mean I don't disagree... but it's a mentality problem really.

Yes the matchmaking is broken af and you get god awful teams, but is there anything you can do about it? Well you can duo q or that's about it. You really just need to spam the games till you hit a decent rank, then stop playing to maintain rank.

The way I see it is, you spend your mental resources on one thing at a time. You can waste all your focus on how bad your team is, or you can focus on yourself and get better results. Sure it won't fix the bad matchmaking, but when you consider your options it's really all you can do.

It seriously doesn't matter at this point though. The frequency of games que'd that involve direct match manipulation is crazy. Unless a player chooses to partake in such assery, even the best players in the game will only hover between 1700ish to 1500ish depending on his luck of the draw for that day. In other words, did he get lucky and land on the good side of the match manipulations or did he get unlucky and land on the bad side of the match manipulations?

You see less of this if you play down in silver/gold but if you play around plat 2ish, it's putting you in range of the top players to enter your games and they are the main culprits but not the only ones. The problem is that community is so small now that a legit player who does not cheat, has very small chances of being put with any other plat 2 or higher player on the same team so chances are, the legit player who is not cheating will have to go AGAINST these players as soon as he reaches the threshold of around 1550-1650. And just about every other game, someone is clearly match manipulating. Which not only equals no progress but it also generally results in losing rating over time, ultimately. So to play legit and actually climb the leaderboards, you have to get involved in all this stressful and annoying que tactics: que dodging, always setting yourself offline, finding times when most of the mms are not online to play and catch a real match or two, stopping playing entirely when too many are online = not fun not fun. It really ruins the feeling of the competitive scene.

But if you think that any of those top 10 players are playing legitimately, you're crazy. No one could realistically run an 80% win ratio as a solo que with all of the problems that ranked spvp match making is facing right now. They're good players but they aren't that good. There are hard limitations to what even the best professional players can do as a solo que on a single class. The class can only move so fast, only deal so much dps and only be in 1 place at a time. The reality is that, the higher their rating and MMR gets, the more match manipulation becomes mandatory. Yes that's right, mandatory. Because this low population algorithm is setup so that the higher an individual player's rating is, the lower the rating of PUGs he will draw in to be able to create numerically balanced matches and it results in uncarriable situations like this:

• 1900 player gets que'd with 1400, 1300, 1200, 1200 = 7000 to go against ->
  • 1650, 1600, 1550, 1500, 1400 = 7000

The average party vs average party ratings are perfectly balanced and this looks good on paper but in reality it does not work out for a balanced conquest match due to how conquest is played. The 1900 will more than likely hold any node he is at and kill every enemy in his way but his 1200-1400 range team mates will be getting mulched on the other 2 nodes by the 1400-1650 range opponents which = easy 2 node hold for the team of more averaged ratings vs. the team of the skewed 1900 and his much lower rated team mates. This effect worsens the higher a player's rating/MMR becomes.

1900 players are great players but they aren't that much better than people in the plat 2 ish range. To seriously believe that a single 1900 can legitimately with no mm, 1v3 or 1v4 on at least 2 nodes the entire game against a bunch of plat 1 - plat 2 ranges and completely carry his gold 2s, is just plain gullible.

The only way to hold those top 10 ranks is to get a bunch of buddies on alts to hit que button at same time. If they land on same team, try hard to win and if they are losing, 1 DCs so that it stops rating loss. If they land on opposing team, they purposely do a bunch of retarded rotations and poor combat to throw the match.

I mean, can you really blame them? The system is setup to completely punish a player who has achieved high MMR. Not only that but GW2 feels a lot less about skill lately and a lot more like Poker. I mean, you get dealt a team comp at start of match which is like receiving a hand of cards. Did you get FB/Scourge/Druid/Mirage/Spellbreaker? or did you get Thief/Thief/Rev/Staff Ele/Core Engi? Not only that but then you have the added gambits of: Did someone DC? Is everyone on their mains or are they playing classes for first time trying to do wings of ascension achievements? Am I on the good side of a match manipulation or the bad side of one? Did the match making even do it's job this round?

I dunno, when I can be 1700 one day and 1500 the next and then 1700 next week again, kind of feels more like rolling dice than a system that is narrowing down my skill level.

winning 1v2s and still loosing makes u wonder what the other teammates do often.

The sad thing on this matchmaking is that u never really can tell if u played well. Maybe me killing 1v1 far and capping was a mistake bcs my team get wiped at mid or I hold mid but we loose close.

the statistic top damage or top whatever also gives no indication.

maybe I think I'm good but in fact I'm not how can I know.

perhaps if we could better indicators or more tutorials could change that

The problem is when the stupid system wants to make you lose (because you have won too many matches in a row before) it does it and it does it too well. It just puts you with the worst players at a point thats it's often impossible to win. (very obvious that they are clearly inferior than all enemy team member)

Anet think thats it's so cool : it will reduce a player to his "real level" and it will maybe carry bad players to make them win. But everyone is losing.

We talk a lot about toxic players, and it's really a problem. But the toxic system of Anet is a real problem too. It drives more people to be toxic too.

If their goal is to completly destroy pvp to don't have to care about it anymore they are doing it very well.Otherwise nothing can explain more why this system is working so bad and so obviously. (when it wants to make you lose).

@"incisorr.9502" said:i was stuck in gold (im plat+ now) but my actual skill level is much higher than 90% of the people in top 250

This reminds me of that South Park episode where Randy talks in front of the class about how his measured d.ick size is under average but his calculated, ADJUSTED d.ick size is above average.

I was teamed up with the same afk player 3 games in a row. I think it will help if they implement thr rule that you cannot team up with a player you just lost a game with. It is very frustrating to get smushed, start a new game and realize you are with the same players.

What about the former gw1 arena system when a winning team will stay together until they lose? If you win >3 games then you play only teams that also won >3 games.

Max

@"Fronga Drigo.6179" said:I was teamed up with the same afk player 3 games in a row. I think it will help if they implement thr rule that you cannot team up with a player you just lost a game with. It is very frustrating to get smushed, start a new game and realize you are with the same players.

What about the former gw1 arena system when a winning team will stay together until they lose? If you win >3 games then you play only teams that also won >3 games.

Max

No the problem is that the system can put some player in other team next match. But this system will give you even worst player and put that bad player with very good. And then another lose for you. It happens everytime the system wants you to lose anyway.

Everything will be useless as long they will keep their philosophy to "puts you to your real level".

top10 get teamed with and against players of similar rank, that aren't running bad builds and are going to reroll when crap setups. At lower ranks, build do 75% of the outcome. My last 2 games, i had a zerker mesmer fighting off point and dying in 2 hits, then a crap setup with two guards who would drop 2v1 vs a spellbreaker.

1550 is pretty much a hard wall for me - aside from being ~1670 after placements, I drop to low 1500s and hover there for the remainder of the season. I can comfortably maintain 1530 without picking times to queue, playing only to stave off decay, etc. It might be because it takes a good win streak for me to get up to 1550, but once I get there I start seeing people lose 3v2 at home while I cap far at a 1v3 disadvantage. Doing the math, that means 5 of the enemy and 4 on my team are playing sides. What about that last person on my team? Instead of taking a free mid cap, they are... dying to a Niflhel beast.

I just like having a plat badge to match with some of my toons' color scheme, so 1530 is just fine for me. If I am ever able to get to 1550 without a significant win streak, I might be able to better tell if I'm just bad.

Archived