Crash, crash, crash

Delete %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat

Download Gw2-64.exe or Gw2.exe (these are direct from the patch server, rename them) and overwrite your current one. Delete everything else in the folder except for Gw2.dat (and Gw2.exe/Gw2-64.exe).

Run GW2 with the option:-assetsrv 54.84.67.232

The above IP changes regularly, so if you need to look it up, open cmd.exe and enter:nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

This error can be caused by a corrupt build; GW2 restarts attempting to update itself but there's nothing. If it still does it, repeat this using a VPN.

Use the -log option for a little more info, which writes to %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log. It may reveal what it's actually trying to do.

Also delete Documents/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, if it exists, which is an alternative location that acts as an override.

Also delete all gw2cache folders under %temp%.

Repeat everything under safe mode with networking enabled (msconfig > boot > safe boot with network) and try to run it, to rule out most other software from causing it.

@"Sweal.4659" said:I have tried what u saidNot working even with VPN.I even deleted the entire folder with gw2 but even the installer i downloaded fresh from website is doing this.

your problem is you got other apps open and running like discord and fire fox and blizzard . no wonder your crashing so much . please do not tell me your using wifi too

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

@"Sweal.4659" said:I have tried what u saidNot working even with VPN.I even deleted the entire folder with gw2 but even the installer i downloaded fresh from website is doing this.

your problem is you got other apps open and running like discord and fire fox and blizzard . no wonder your crashing so much . please do not tell me your using wifi too

Warrior,Why would running 'other apps' be the sole issue? As if a pc can run more than one program? Wth.Being clear would help.

Archived