Soulbeast WvW build for big scale fights [Need help]

kappa.2036

there are 2 builds who should work fine ... Marauder+Durability (or you can try Scholar for more damage) - LB+Sword/Axe (Warhorn) and Survival/Nature/Soulbeast , you can try Greatsword too instead of Sword/Axe, but in my opinion Sword/Axe is better. And the second build Marauder (berserker)+ Scholar - LB+Sword/Axe and Marksmanship/Survival/Soulbeast. For utilities Troll Unguent, Dolyak Stance, Zephyr, Lightning Reflex and One wolf Pack (for damage) or Entangle (for more condi remove) or Strnght of the Pack (for more stability, even Dolyak Stance should be enough). Ofc if you have in mind to be a sniper, you can use Marksmanship/Skirmish/Soulbeast with Berserk gear, and Sick' Em! + Zephyr+One Wolf Pack. Depend of your style of playing or what kind of commander/group you have.

@"kappa.2036" said:I don't like much the "sniper style" in wvw blob fights...firebrand bubbles + spellbreaker bubbles are everywhere and beside few seconds of unblockable hits i can't do much.

Then the safest one is Marauder+Durability with Survival/Nature/Soulbeast and Troll Unguent, Dolyak Stance, Zephyr, Lightning Reflex and One wolf Pack (or the other 2 Elite).Also for pets you can chose Gazelle or Smokescale for more dps and Pig/Bird/Brown Bear/Jacaranda for defensive. White Owl now is pretty well buffed ... you have in Soulbeast F1 a big leap 1200 units every 10 sec and perma speed with F2 also 4k heal with 40s CD on F3. Anyway, each pet I enumerate have their good skills /advantage, and ofc are another good pets too, but I play only with these.

I've ended up with something like this:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAT8XnE8CN8ilsAOsAs8iFCBr5DsCiB5b3ub5dZHEAqal4w0A-jVCEQBuT3A82fYjKBd5DA4BXEAAcEA8n6PSR5hDViRKgIGaB-w

Owl is amazing. 1200 leap finisher with 10s cooldown + spiritual reprieve. I took 3 stances so i can share them with my group. I took WS traitline to get some condi clears and the AoE muddy terrain, but probably i will change to something else. Maybe skirmishing. Double signet of stone is a must especially when you are forced to fight in chokes or bridges.Warhorn is a solid choice instead of axe offhand: unblockable hits, boons, blast finishers. But axe is overall stronger.

Still not the best build probably, but it's a start :)

@kappa.2036 said:I've been trying to make my soulbeast work in wvw.Specifically, i'm looking for a build that works in zerg fights.

Any ideas?

In zerg fight, is about aoe or team supports.The most noticeable thing about soulbeast is the stance thus the most noticeable approach would be team support and thus a frontline build.While soulbeast is not in the same top tier as firebrand when come to frontline support, nevertheless, not as bad as a ranger doing mostly single target damage.

@"Sleepwalker.1398" said:Just have a question, why do rangers take "Soften the fall" instead of "Oakheart salve"?I just recently started playing ranger again and sort of wondering which would be better in wvw as well.

With Soften the Fall + Wilderness Knowledge you will remove another 2 conditions. So , if you have Troll Unguent , when you will use it will trigger Soften the Fall and you will be able to remove 2 + 2 conditions from you. In the same time Soften the Fall will slow for 10 sec enemies, cripple, immobilize . Instead Oackheart slave is only 170 heal/sec for 6 sec, and 5% reduce damage. You almost don't feel that heal and damage reduction.That's why definitely Soften the fall is much better than Oackheart slave.

Archived