I purchased PoF from an official retailer but can't play it

Tiborb.1453

I've bought PoF from an authorized digital retailer yesterday, but every time i try to unlock it i get the message: "This serial code has already been applied to your account" and if i go in account.arena.net/overview PoF is not "active", so is like I've never bought it.(I've already submitted a ticket, but there's still no answer and the clock is ticking :( )

@"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:I'd ask the retailer for a refund.Should just purchase directly from anet in future, then this kind of thing doesn't happen.

In a previous ticket I wrote in 2015 i asked them if i should buy the game from anet or from this same offical retailer and they said to me:

Hi ****,

Thanks for contacting us.

We always encourage our costumers to buy Guild Wars 2 and/or Heart of Thorns from our official Web site or from an authorized retailer, in this case the retailer you wrote us about is authorized, you can find the official retailers for your country here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/#Italy-physical.

The Heart of Thorns offered in this site is the Standard Edition of the Heart of Thorns Expansion. You should not have issues if you purchase from this retailer, but feel free to contact the retailer and ask them the questions you feel necessary.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Alex CruzGuild Wars 2 Support Teamhttp://help.guildwars2.com/

@Tiborb.1453 said:

@"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:I'd ask the retailer for a refund.Should just purchase directly from anet in future, then this kind of thing doesn't happen.

In a previous ticket I wrote in 2015 i asked them if i should buy the game from anet or from this same offical retailer and they said to me:

Hi

Thanks for contacting us.

We always encourage our costumers to buy Guild Wars 2 and/or Heart of Thorns from our official Web site or
from an authorized retailer
, in this case the retailer you wrote us about is authorized, you can find the official retailers for your country here:

The Heart of Thorns offered in this site is the Standard Edition of the Heart of Thorns Expansion.
You should not have issues if you purchase from this retailer
, but feel free to contact the retailer and ask them the questions you feel necessary.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Alex CruzGuild Wars 2 Support Team

be that as it may. MY advice is still to buy directly from anet.

@Artemis Thuras.8795 said:Should just purchase directly from anet in future, then this kind of thing doesn't happen.

It does, but it's also much easier to fix since support can issue a key or refund it. Buying direct also has the small risk of DigitalRiver deciding to reverse the transaction for whatever reason, which gets you banned for fraud.

@Dschromm.1673 said:

@Artemis Thuras.8795 said:I'd ask the retailer for a refund.Should just purchase directly from anet in future, then this kind of thing doesn't happen.it does happen. bought PoF from ANet directly. the Money is gone and still no PoF Expansion for me >:(

Ty, I'm relieved: i'm not alone :o

@Talon Silverhawk.5964 said:You do have to wait and give them time. 24 hrs or so is what happens. You have to remember your not only one who may of put a ticket in and so others to sort out too. It can take time if they got loads to sort. I do hope you get it sorted and get on to enjoy.

Almost 72h now. Seem they are flooded with request atm

@Dschromm.1673 said:

@Artemis Thuras.8795 said:I'd ask the retailer for a refund.Should just purchase directly from anet in future, then this kind of thing doesn't happen.it does happen. bought PoF from ANet directly. the Money is gone and still no PoF Expansion for me >:(

Update: they sent me a brand new code PoF, but I got the same bug, so even after 9 days I can't play PoF.What about you?

@Amyshia.8903 said:I too have this same problem, it says that my serial is already applied when I know it is not. I did get access, but I have none of the ingame items that I paid alot extra for.

How long ago you applied the code?If you bought the ultimate version, gems are sent in 72h (to prevent exploit from goldsellers i think).

Archived