Unflinching Charge in PvE

Portiepoo.7061

Supportive tomes in both PvP and WvW proved very powerful in those game-modes, and as such, I wasn't surprised to see the effectiveness of tome skills get hit in those modes respectively.

However, an exception to this skill-splitting was Unflinching Charge, which was a very useful skill when it came to heal/support guardian in PvE. With it, you could help your team avoid damage during high pressure moments and dish out some additional healing whilst running Pure of Heart, which was great whilst F2 was on cool-down. The aegis on the second and fifth tome skill can somewhat substitute this, but given the role didn't see any wide-spread usage due to other alternatives already being more powerful with greater healing and range capabilities, the decision to not split this skill specifically seemed odd. I'm curious as to why it was decided it should go unsplit, and if it there were actually any instances of it being too overpowered/abused in PvE.

I know heal guardian is pretty niche, but I'd love to see peoples thoughts regardless.

Archived