New scourge AOE effects very irritating

Malediktus.9250

I actually really like it, makes me wish that more skills in PvP has pulsing AoE effects to make it clearer when to dodge. Maybe it's the red that's obnoxious since it does tend to look like a nuke is going off.

I do think the visual effects could be toned down though, but I'd like to keep the AoE tells.

@ZDragon.3046 said:i almost think that the devs might have put more time into visualizing and making the effects for those big freaking red blobs on the floor than thinking of ways to actually rebalance it and necro in general. That kind of hurts me on the inside.it is actually strange. no other class got this treatment. What about meteor showers for example?now necro got special treatment and looks like a raid boss...

@ZDragon.3046 said:i almost think that the devs might have put more time into visualizing and making the effects for those big freaking red blobs on the floor than thinking of ways to actually rebalance it and necro in general. That kind of hurts me on the inside.

I mean it works, I don't see a lot of scourges anymore and this is a power meta now.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:It was an odd addition, shade skills always had animations, the problem was that the order used to be effect hits -> then animation plays. All they had to do really was reverse the order and it would have been fine, the new tell is just super obvious and quite the eye sore.^ This. It was never really hard seeing he AoE before. It was just instant and unavoidable.

The new flashing red isn't game breaking for me...but I'm just glad that I'm not prone to epilepsy. =P

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:I like them more now since before you didn't know who's shade was who's

You could just solve that problem with using different colors for the shades. As of now it is just unbearable. There was only one scourge in enemy team and I hate it, can only imagine it how it looks with 2 or more scourges

Colored shades would not give you a visual indicator of when a Scourge is using a shade attack.

Idk why people think the shade rings are so bad, the ground effect is literally a copy paste of the red circles that raids have been using since 2015. Are you seriously telling me that you can't handle something that PvE'ers have been handling with ease for years?

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:I like them more now since before you didn't know who's shade was who's

You could just solve that problem with using different colors for the shades. As of now it is just unbearable. There was only one scourge in enemy team and I hate it, can only imagine it how it looks with 2 or more scourges

Colored shades would not give you a visual indicator of when a Scourge is using a shade attack.I wouldn't mind a visual difference in Shades between your own and your ally's, though. Knowing which shades attack with you is something that would be helpful, since currently there's no way to distinguish which friendly Shade that is (unless only one of you is running Sand Savant).

@Crinn.7864 said:

Colored shades would not give you a visual indicator of when a Scourge is using a shade attack.

Idk why people think the shade rings are so bad, the ground effect is literally a copy paste of the red circles that raids have been using since 2015. Are you seriously telling me that you can't handle something that PvE'ers have been handling with ease for years?It is pvp, there should not be a single class with this intrusive graphic effects. Either all classes should have such obvious annoying graphic effects or none. I prefer none. If they would also remove them from raids that would be even better. Nothing more immersion breaking than orange and red circles everywhere

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"Abelisk.4527" said:I like them more now since before you didn't know who's shade was who's

Idk why people think the shade rings are so bad, the ground effect is literally a copy paste of the red circles that raids have been using since 2015. Are you seriously telling me that you can't handle something that PvE'ers have been handling with ease for years?It is pvp, there should not be a single class with this intrusive graphic effects. Either all classes should have such obvious annoying graphic effects or none. I prefer none. If they would also remove them from raids that would be even better. Nothing more immersion breaking than orange and red circles everywhere

Oh good heavens the circles aren't half as "visually noisy" as proton forge/Mesmer skills/guardian blue vomit

@HardRider.2980 said:HAHAHAHA People hated necro pre patch.. they get nerfed again and people STILL hate the necro post patch.. if it's not because of our skills but because of the system telling players we're about to use a skill hahaha

Why can't we convert the hate into a positive boon for once.

Because they just nerfed our condition->boon conversion.

@shippage.1983 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:i almost think that the devs might have put more time into visualizing and making the effects for those big freaking red blobs on the floor than thinking of ways to actually rebalance it and necro in general. That kind of hurts me on the inside.

I mean it works, I don't see a lot of scourges anymore and this is a power meta now.

I wouldn't say its a power meta its a power meta for mesmers till they change the confusion on mirage axe to torment then condi meta will come right back. Or it will be a hybrid meta which might not be so bad. But i do expect them to tune mesmer down some from where it is now in the next few months.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:i almost think that the devs might have put more time into visualizing and making the effects for those big freaking red blobs on the floor than thinking of ways to actually rebalance it and necro in general. That kind of hurts me on the inside.it is actually strange. no other class got this treatment. What about meteor showers for example?now necro got special treatment and looks like a raid boss...

Meteor shower isn't being spammed 24/7 , I liked the obvious big red.

@Rukia.4802 said:

Meteor shower isn't being spammed 24/7 , I liked the obvious big red.

Meteor shower is not instant damage and usually you see it coming and the caster has to remain still for a pretty large portion of the skills duration. IT was really not needed for a skill like that. I there is anything else I would say needed it. It would be mesmers shatters. They are instant activation and really shouldnt be.

Archived