Full completion of Phantasm Skills are slow and clunky

Nero.7369

I really like the change to phantasms,But now where phantasm skill sould be a more one time skill, i think the time from casting a phantasm till full execution is imo to slow and feels clunky. I mean like phantasmal berserker needs a 3/4 second cast before using a whirlwind attack, a warrior for example doesnt need to precast it. it is just immediately without any delay. This just doesn't feel right, all the delays sucks, if we use a skill it should happen nearly immediately. I personaly hoped for more control over how the phantasm skills are executed and to be all the phantasm stuff more visual stuff then a stupid and slow ki that now disappears after one time usage. Also there are some problems with targeting and hitting mobs. Due to this delay

Examples:Phantasmal Swordsman1 sec cast time1/2 sec of phantasm movement before leaping (specially on enemy movement)1/2 sec leap1 sec additional strikesTotal: 3 sec

Phantasmal Warlock3/4sec casttime0~1/2 sec movement1 1/2 sec channeling

Phantasmal Mage3/4 sec casttime1/4 ~ 2 1/2 sec movement (this seems to be the worst atm)3/4? sec cast

This feels slow and clunky with other phantasms as well.

Another point is earlier we had our phantasms for shatters instant, now we have to wait for completion so we get some clones.Specially with chronophantasms it can take up to 6-7 seconds for a whole completion. While i think this trait is really strong it doesnt feel right that it takes that long for phantasm skills to complete.Also phantasms can now be interupted and will destroy themself then without execution.

Specially the phantasmal mage feels so clunky and even misses moving mobs in gendarran fields often. The triangel targeting seems to be problematic and that the skill is executed in melee range.

In my opinion it could like this:Reduce cast times of phantasms to 1/4 sec.Prevent necessarry movement of the phantasms by better placement, better range and quicker reaction, so that the phantasm begins executing its attack immediatelyPhantasm execution times as they are now, maybe with some of them reduced or make phantasms invul... they often die before execution or are interupted. Specially in larger wvw fights.

I was going to post something like this so thanks for confirming it's a bit clunky.

I would like staff 3 phantasm beam channel duration to be reduced by at least half a second (but same damage and vuln stacks), so the warlocks complete their attack and despawn into clones quicker.

iMage also has a long windup before unleashing its (kitten awesome animation by the way, really love that) attack, which could be happen a bit sooner, again so it despawns into a clone for shatter sooner.

The player cast times could be reduced to 0.5s again to help with this given phantasms aren't instant shatter fodder.

@bart.3687 said:The only phantasm that has way too long channel time is iWarden imo.What I would like to see more is CD reduction for phantasms, at least in PvE. iMage on 30 sec base cd is still ridiculous, iWarden's and iDuelist's CD reduction would be nice too.

yeah the the phantasm are a little weak atm, they need boosted damage or slightly lower cd. The underwater phantasms for both spear and trident are amazing with their cooldown and damage ratio, wish land versions would be similar.

@HyperLooser.2698 said:

@bart.3687 said:The only phantasm that has way too long channel time is iWarden imo.What I would like to see more is CD reduction for phantasms, at least in PvE. iMage on 30 sec base cd is still ridiculous, iWarden's and iDuelist's CD reduction would be nice too.

yeah the the phantasm are a little weak atm, they need boosted damage or slightly lower cd. The underwater phantasms for both spear and trident are amazing with their cooldown and damage ratio, wish land versions would be similar.

I find it funny that our underwater weapons have such amazing ambush (trident ambush is godly), skills and phantasms - I hope Anet plan to revisit underwater combat at some point in the future so there's more opportunity to enjoy this.

I dont like the new warden as well. Same goes for the Swords man, opponents can so easily just move away from them. Back then with imoblize the warden was fine. I could better imagine the warden as ground targeting skill, that instantly starts with the damage, so it maybe feels a bit like lava font.

Yea with one time use of phantasms the CDs are a bit high of some. The berserker phantasm seems to be the only one at a good spot with 12sec when traitet in pve and 16sec without (the whrilwind of warrior has 10 sec), this is specially with our trait options for phantasms really nice. The cd on mage is just insane... could be reduced to 20sec for sure, could also imagine a ground targeting there. or at least range (from phantasm perspektive) circular aoe spell on target instead of the current melee triangle. With that it could really be used to place it so that it hits 5 target, but with the random melee triangle it is just luck how many target are hittet.

I thought it was just me.

On chronophantasma, I wonder if it could be helped by having the first phantasm despawn into both a clone and the second phantasm at the same time (second phantasm no clone)? That way, you always end up with a clone the same amount of time after casting the phantasm skill, which should be the highest priority imo

seems legit as well, waiting 6 sec to get your clones just sucks atmif the overall phantasm skill completion would be reduced to about 1~1.5 sec, this would make the skills less themself clunky and at least reduced the time till we get clone to 3 sec. but i agree it would really make sense to spawn clones after the first execution anyway

• 2 weeks later...

just made another clunky experience: attacking a moving dolyak (without superspeed buff) in WvW from the side and summon Phantasmal Warlocks... one of the phantam doesnt even hit, because the doylak has moved out of range of than beam instantly. maybe the range of the phantasms attack themself should be increased to 1500 or even more (skill range still on 1200 of course)

@"OriOri.8724" said:I thought it was just me.

On chronophantasma, I wonder if it could be helped by having the first phantasm despawn into both a clone and the second phantasm at the same time (second phantasm no clone)? That way, you always end up with a clone the same amount of time after casting the phantasm skill, which should be the highest priority imo

I think this would help a bit actually. I don't know if it is just me, but sometimes when the first phantasm dies it looks like my illusion indicator flashes briefly as if they have turned into clones. Perhaps instead they can function like normal, but a "shadow" of the original phantasm is respawned (that is much more transparent or darker or something) which does it's attack then dematerialises

Archived