Can't Download Client!

Hello,

So I got a new computer and am trying to download GW2, which I own, onto it. I go to my profile and go to game content, and click the 64 bit client download. It starts up, brings the downloading screen up, then suddenly gives me an error saying I'm not running it as an admin. I'm the only user on this computer, and am the admin, and have never had this issue before with anything else. What am I doing wrong?

Your account may be an admin, but actual administrative privileges need to be authorized. To run a program as the administrator, you need to right click it and specifically choose to run it as an admin. Program Files is a protected directory, which is why GW2 needed admin access.

@Healix.5819 said:Your account may be an admin, but actual administrative privileges need to be authorized. To run a program as the administrator, you need to right click it and specifically choose to run it as an admin. Program Files is a protected directory, which is why GW2 needed admin access.

Thank you! I appreciate the help. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Same problem, but I don't clearly understand. . .I installed in in google chrome, moved the installer to my desktop, renamed it to "GW2-64.exe" and tried opening it as administrator and by the normal way. I'm starting to think that my new laptop just doesn't want to download it period and am losing hope.

@"TerraJoey.6802" said:Same problem, but I don't clearly understand. . .I installed in in google chrome, moved the installer to my desktop, renamed it to "GW2-64.exe" and tried opening it as administrator and by the normal way. I'm starting to think that my new laptop just doesn't want to download it period and am losing hope.

News Flash: All I had to do was restart the computer and relaunch the installer! Done deal, all is well!

Archived