Rifle PvE build?

Oglaf.1074

So I’m having a blast just running around and killing stuff in open world. Also fun against world bosses. The problem is I am pretty much just using my standard Staff DD build but with Deadeye instead.

I’m not that familiar with Thief as I am with other classes, so I’ humbly asking someone to show me de wae.

Good news! The build is basically the exact same. Deadly Arts (mug/revealed training/executioner) and Critical Strikes (twin fangs/practice tolerance/no quarter) are still your biggest damage modifiers for max dps.

Though for open world, you can swap out the grandmaster from Critical Strikes for Invigorating Precision to keep your health up, and Trickery with all the boons/initiative/daze on steal (now mark) isn't too bad of an option with how much you're refreshing mark, and the higher initiative pool means more burst.

@Aplier.7829 said:Good news! The build is basically the exact same. Deadly Arts (mug/revealed training/executioner) and Critical Strikes (twin fangs/practice tolerance/no quarter) are still your biggest damage modifiers for max dps.

Though for open world, you can swap out the grandmaster from Critical Strikes for Invigorating Precision to keep your health up, and Trickery with all the boons/initiative/daze on steal (now mark) isn't too bad of an option with how much you're refreshing mark, and the higher initiative pool means more burst.

What about utilities?

For PvE, I just use Mauraders, same as my WvW gear, and do well enough with it. Most things die very fast.

With Deadeye, you don't need the precision as much as you'll cap it very quickly on your own. And how quickly you stack might will blow things up. The main reason why I take Mauraders into PvE is because of the assload of CC, and burst enemies in the new expansion.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Aplier.7829 said:Good news! The build is basically the exact same. Deadly Arts (mug/revealed training/executioner) and Critical Strikes (twin fangs/practice tolerance/no quarter) are still your biggest damage modifiers for max dps.

What about utilities?

Kill shit before it kills you?Idk man, run damage, damage, and utility i guess

Open world PVE you will find Binding Shadow one of the better utilities.

What you take in other slots is dependent on the weapon set. As example for p/p.

P/P heal I still find withdraw the best . Add in RFI to keep feeding the Ini pool. Shadowmeld is my preffered elite as BV does not add a heck of a lot in PVE content. With the meld you can at least get some sneak attacks off with P #1 which does hit hard from stealth and especially when malice up and you have might stacked. It can also save you in a pinch if you drew aggro. The last spot is really open.

I find with Rifle in a DE spec the same utilities as P/P tend to work best , albeit mercy or shadowgust are more usable.

I usually run rifle with dagger/pistol for open world. Swop rifle out for SB for aoe. Full scholar zerk, 2 of: Force, accuracy or bloodlust. Usually always have Power sig + precision sig passively for simplicity. And heal+3rd util+elite depends on situation. Mostly run heal sig + util cc + elite cc in case of breakbars or random mob with random annoying ability. Build as in Aplier.7829's post. Chain marking for perma quickness + fury + whatever other boons it gives on trash mobs is fun. Add stun on mark and stun on first attack and most mobs die before they come out of stun. Works with any weapon but I love dagger aa + pistol 4 teleport blind. Or just chain snipe the trash in 1500 range on rifle.

im using rifle as my main weapon since the expansion got released and DE rifle is actually pretty good on PvE. Also the latest damage buff on PvE make rifle+kneel actually deal more stable damage than pistol unload :dizzy:

For trait, people mostly use deadly art/critical strike, followed by trickery and deadeye since these are your best bet for dealing huge chunk of damage. If you want more safety, switching deadly/critical trait to shadow art will make you able to last "almost" forever in combat even thought you got surounded by lot of mob.

I recommend you run Hide in Shadow, Binding Shadow, Shadow Gust, Assassins Signet, and Shadow Meld. This gives you more than enough ways to get your stealth, Shadow Gust is a great skill to pop when they get close, knocking them back while you pop them with a Spotter's Shot to hold them in place for that DJ. binding is a 15 Vuln+3 second knock down on a marked target, and Shadow meld is 2 extra stealths.Edit: Also,Sigil of Bloodlust is really good with the Rifle. that extra 250 power seems to make it 1 hit most standard mobs while kneeling.

@"Barzah.8019" said:im using rifle as my main weapon since the expansion got released and DE rifle is actually pretty good on PvE. Also the latest damage buff on PvE make rifle+kneel actually deal more stable damage than pistol unload :dizzy:

For trait, people mostly use deadly art/critical strike, followed by trickery and deadeye since these are your best bet for dealing huge chunk of damage. If you want more safety, switching deadly/critical trait to shadow art will make you able to last "almost" forever in combat even thought you got surounded by lot of mob.

DE rifle feels godly in open world pve now, but its probably still not competitive in raids yet, due to much lower damage when not kneeling and stuck to the floor.

@Boulder.3589 said:

@"Barzah.8019" said:im using rifle as my main weapon since the expansion got released and DE rifle is actually pretty good on PvE. Also the latest damage buff on PvE make rifle+kneel actually deal more stable damage than pistol unload :dizzy:

DE rifle feels godly in open world pve now, but its probably still not competitive in raids yet, due to much lower damage when not kneeling and stuck to the floor.

Actually it can be quite hilarious. Probably the best DPS on Deimos since you can just sit at middle and pew pew. But it also works decently at other bosses as well - you just gotta learn when it is safe to kneel.

My Deadeye is still in suboptimal gear but regularly puts out 10k+ kneeling auto-attacks and 30-40k 4’s. Did I mention how hilarious it is at Deimos? :P

@raveparade.7582 said:IF only the kitten rifle would pierce, here I was fighting 2 veteran djinn and the one i was shooting literally moved behind the other djinn when it was at 3% so I had to re-position in order to finish it off :s

You gotta use that number 2 more often. The Immob is nice, but the cripple does a lot to control the fight, and it pierces to hit all the targets with it. As long as your not spamming, it should be easy to dump 2 or 3 Spotter's Shot's in to them.

Archived