The Dreamer

Tasida.4085

ANET PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE fix this annoying bow where only the person equipping it can hear the effects. I rarely play with game sound and music but when I do hearing the constant neighing gets so aggravating. I'm not the only one that thinks so LOL. I made the bow (it's beautiful) but never use it because of the dreadful annoying sound. PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!!!

There's a setting in game that lets you either reduce the frequency for unique item sounds, or turn it off altogether. It does work for your own weapons as well (I turned it to less frequent for myself because I also found bolt's constantly lightning sounds annoying and it works). The only problem I have is that there aren't multiple settings to distinguish between different types of gear. For example, I'd like to make weapon sounds less frequent, but I like the sound effects of the Wild Magic Glider makes over the generic gliding sounds, yet the setting also affects the glider.

Here's a preview of the settings below, you can see the two options for "My unique item sounds" and "Other players' unique item sounds".

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/d/d0/Options-Sound.jpg/483px-Options-Sound.jpg

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

@Tasida.4085 said:Not for me.......never has

guessing OP does not know they can go to SOUND SETTINGS and turn this off under the settings header called turn off all other player sounds :o

Yes the OP knows tyvm but it doesn't work for me. Just like I have 2 necros but if I auto cast golem on 1 of em i can't map travel until the golem is dismissed whereas on the other I can. But TY for the suggestions anyway.

The option to disable unique item sounds on your own items definitely should work with the Dreamer - it does work with mine.

I recommend repairing the client first to see if that fixes it (it often does with problems that can be caused by your machine like sound and graphics bugs) and if not submit a bug report so someone at Anet can try to work out why it's not working for you.

Here's some other things you can try to at least identify what exactly is causing the problem so Anet will have an easier time fixing it. I apologise in advance for some of these being painfully obvious - they're included for the sake of completeness.

• Make sure you're using the drop down to disable your own unique item sounds - this is different to the one for other peoples sound effects.
  • Try all the different options - Limited, Mute Projectiles Only and Off - let Anet know in your bug report if some work and some don't.
  • See if the option to mute other players unique sounds works - again test each option and record whether it works or not.
  • If you have any other items which are affected by this like Bolt or Quip (I'm sure there's some which aren't legendaries but I can't remember them) see if you can mute them or if the option just doesn't work at all.

• ArenaNet Staff

As others have pointed out -- thanks for the details, folks! -- you can control this in your personal account settings. If you find you cannot, then by all means do submit a ticket and follow the instructions that the agent provides.

I own The Dreamer and I can attest that the changes -- which I asked for and awaited for a long while with bated breath! ;) -- are working as intended on my account, as others have confirmed they are working on their own accounts, as well.

Best of luck.

@Tasida.4085 said:ANET PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE fix this annoying bow where only the person equipping it can hear the effects. I rarely play with game sound and music but when I do hearing the constant neighing gets so aggravating. I'm not the only one that thinks so LOL. I made the bow (it's beautiful) but never use it because of the dreadful annoying sound. PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!!!

it wont make any noise if your under 30fps according to anet,I asked support because I rarely hear anything from my dreamer, I made it for the look and noise cause I love it probably hear it once every 30 mins or so if I'm lucky and I'm always past 30fps its just something they probably do not want to deal with, the way you feel about dreamer I feel about bolt and incinerator I personally find them the most irritating

Archived