New (some old) Ideas for Skills

phoenixwil.6071

Here are some ideas for new skills:

1. This skill can't be negated (evaded, blocked, blinded, invulnerability, etc). I can see this built into an elite.
  2. Your next skill can't be negated (e.g., if using meteor shower, each meteor can't be negated since description is for the skill, not just the first hit).
  3. Retaliation on you deals 500% more damage.
  4. Foes incur the same damage they dealt to you.
  5. Shadowstep your target to your location and steal health; range 2000.
  6. You can't be targeted.
  7. Conditions are converted into regeneration using the condition's degen rate.
  8. You are immune to x condition (condition selectable when out of combat).
  9. An aura that siphons life from adjacent foes.
  10. Pulse blindness to nearby foes.
  11. Siphon life from foes that hit you.
  12. Foes that hit you lose a boon for each hit.
  13. Siphon endurance from your target.
  14. Disable your target's weapon swap by x seconds.
  15. Foes' heals/regen/gain will now cause health loss/degen instead.
  16. You and your target switch positions .
  17. You and your target can't attack each other.
  18. When attacked, adjacent foes take damage.
  19. Target's power and condition damage are set to 0 for x seconds.
  20. Target's armor is set to 0 for x seconds.
  21. You can see stealth foes and target them.
  22. Your weapon, AoE, and skill range is increased by 300.
  23. A timer appears over target's head and must use their elite skill before timer ends or take huge damage.
  24. Pull your target and inflict Dance (new condition Dance that movement controls are randomized and heal is disabled).
  25. Target's weapon/skill 1-5 or 6-0 bar are Jumbled (new condition Jumble that randomzies positions of skills; e.g., auto attack normally in 1 slot may be in the 6 slot).
  26. Summon npcs/creatures in the area (up to 5) to be your allies.
  27. Summon a diety to fight for you. You enter stealth and can't attack until your summon dies or you unsummon it.
  28. Build a charge that detonates after x seconds.
  • Accuracy: new attribute/boon that increases your chances to hit evading foes.
  • Yank: the upgraded version to Pull (like Launch is to Knockack), it can also yank downed foes/allies.
  • Resource: All professions will have a resource (energy, initiative, adrenaline, heat, clone, etc) and are now classified under Resource. This allows us to create counterplay to these skills such as "target's resource gain is disable for x seconds".

I have more but this is should be enough. I didn't get too detailed but anet can see where I'm going with it. I didn't specify times nor which is a trait, normal skill or elite. Some are extensions from gw1. Please be innovative. Some skills have zero counters like invulnerability and is used a lot without counterplay. In combination with traits and skills, I've seen foes that can't be hit for like 18 seconds straight and that is ridiculous. I post this because I see redundancy in skills/builds across profession. Some of the Soulbeast traits mimic the Revenant traits. Look at the ranger build which mimics a warrior build especially using Signet of Stone. I'm like, am I fighting a warrior or ranger, can't tell the difference lol. I don't know if anet is running out of ideas but lets help!

Archived