Closed Buildings

Alright so. There are many buildings all over the game. Mostly they're used in instance stories, but the insides are fully furnished.

Why can't the doors to these buildings be open for use? RPers have so few furnished buildings they can use out and around the world, why deny us the ones that are there?Many RPers used to use the portals through walls to use these spaces and while I understand that is considered and 'exploitation'. I still cannot understand why we cannot use these spaces.

Are the furnishings always the same in the instance stories?Usually buildings which cant be entered are because the insides of the buildings are not rendered, ie the inside really doesnt exist, so if you were to go inside, you would be unable to see anything, including how to get out.When the building exists in an instance, the insides get rendered with graphical content so you can go inside with no probs.

@mauried.5608 said:Are the furnishings always the same in the instance stories?Usually buildings which cant be entered are because the insides of the buildings are not rendered, ie the inside really doesnt exist, so if you were to go inside, you would be unable to see anything, including how to get out.When the building exists in an instance, the insides get rendered with graphical content so you can go inside with no probs.

They're usually the same. I've entered the apothecary shop from level 10 human, both Arcane Eye bases from level 30 asura, Vigil Keep, Priory basement, Nolani Academy ruins. If there's a locked door, I've found a way inside somehow just to take a peek around and all of them are fully textured.

Better question is why can't we after all these years actually sit in chairs that are just around.I say we lobby for chairs in benches in main cities and get rid of the absurd kick out time so people can afk all bad ass like like in FF14.

Inb4 Why don't you play ff14 instead of this, i play both i like them for different reasons.Here has better combat,FF14 just has better world presentation great sound track atmosphere when you walk around town people are sitting rping posing showing off weapons etc. in this game people zerg bosses and complain about raids and t4s, and waste the coolest mechanic that has been released in MMO's in recent history. those COMBO FIELDS SON.

I agree with the OP, allow more buildings, as well at more sitting we need poses ALL OF THEM /crossarms NOT GOOD ENOUGH.You guys hurt my feelings with the mesmer nerfs you can make it up to me if this was implimented.

PS why in a game thats driven my weapon and armor skins, there's literally no way to show off other then just the afk in Divinity reach or LA? Isn't that like a shit ton of wasted potential and motivation to get those cool looking items anet, think this is a gold mine stop nerfing condition and give us poses and chairs

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l36/Kagesuchi/ffxiv_06042017_174217_zps10qubkgv.pngClick IT!!! Look how comfy me and my friend looks.

Excelsior.

So far I have encountered three types of buildings:

• Rendered fully with furniture, but only as much as you can look into the houses. Also, they have a nonsensical architecture, such as ridiculosly small ceiling heigths - for Bookahs at least - and no stairs to the upper floors.
  • Homes with like a desk in them and a chair - but no floor. It is just the map's default ground texture. In several farm houses I have seen straw and dirt on the floor as if it's the cowshed, not the actual home.
  • Closed buildings and towers with visually displayed, but not actually tagged structures. E.g. I jumped into a tower in Norn land with supposedly stairwells. My Springer brought me on top of it and then I just dropped trogh the stairs and glitched around inside the tower until I waypointed out of it.

Re-doing all of them to make it suitable for role-players would be an immense load of work. Nad not just done by opening the doors.

There are many in the world right now that are fully furnished and when you glitched (shadowstep etc) through the wall, you could use the whole fully furnished building.In those cases it would be REALLY easy to just open a door.

Yes I'd like to see more than just those buildings, but at the moment I cannot understand why they won't just open the door to the buildings they already have there and furnished. There is no reason at all not to.

@Morsheira.6102 said:

Yes I'd like to see more than just those buildings, but at the moment I cannot understand why they won't just open the door to the buildings they already have there and furnished. There is no reason at all not to.

Is the door to your house currently wide open so people can walk in?

I'm a RPer and I would love more good places to use, but why would a lot of these doors be open? If there's no story reason for them to allow you in, or for you to go charging in, it makes more sense for them to be shut and locked. I know it can be frustrating to be unable to enter a good RP space, but throwing the doors open would give us more space at the cost of making the world feel a bit less real.

@Palador.2170 said:Is the door to your house currently wide open so people can walk in?

I'm a RPer and I would love more good places to use, but why would a lot of these doors be open? If there's no story reason for them to allow you in, or for you to go charging in, it makes more sense for them to be shut and locked. I know it can be frustrating to be unable to enter a good RP space, but throwing the doors open would give us more space at the cost of making the world feel a bit less real.

I don't think you're quite understanding.If the game has already furnished buildings. Why not let people use them? It's that simple. It's not saying open every house. It's saying give us some more space characters can use.I cannot see how having access to these already furnished and currently locked buildings (Like Minister Zamons in Ossan) would make the world feel less real. If anything, having people actually have other buildings to go in and out of would make it feel more so because of coming and going instead of just a wall of buildings that has no life to it at all.

Archived