The New patch is awesome for WvW, thank you! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The New patch is awesome for WvW, thank you!

Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited February 8, 2018 in WvW

Now as a front line warrior I can survive a little bit more in 60 vs 60 battles because of the red marks warning and the way conditions are converted. Front liners, how are you loving this patch?

Charr Warrior Master Race!
Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

The New patch is awesome for WvW, thank you! 86 votes

Yes, I love it.
15% 13 votes
No, I don't like it.
46% 40 votes
I somewhat love it.
16% 14 votes
I don't know I am not a front liner.
15% 13 votes
Other (Explain)
6% 6 votes

Comments

• Err am i missing something or what happened?

• Mysteriax.6049Mysteriax.6049 Member ✭✭✭

Nerfing Winds, giving revs the ability to strip stab and nerfing Firebrand made frontline pushing that much more difficult.

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

i voted other. Why? I like the change but it became laggy. And lag takes the fun away. u.u

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Roxanne.6140Roxanne.6140 Member ✭✭✭

Time to go back to throwing kitten at each other for 5 minutes till someone enters down state to signal victory/defeat

• Silver.2076Silver.2076 Member ✭✭✭

the meta is still fine.
    the new aoe nosie is what bothers me!!
    these pulsing fields, what's that for? It's just distracting from playing!

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mysteriax.6049 said:
    giving revs the ability to strip stab

Something tells me the OP hasn't come across the revs yet.

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

I converted my non meta block chrono to a mirage tonight, it seems to take 1 more brain cell than I thought it would to operate. I have no idea if my build is meta or not, all I know is I push buttons and things die or they run, either way, it's a nice way to play, so thanks for nerfing my chrono :)

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• jsp.6912jsp.6912 Member ✭✭

the come back off ball rollface rip my friends

• Sorry I dislike it very much. They basically screwed over the Front Line players. Not sure why they did this. The only classes that needed a change were scourge and hollowsmith.

• Jerry CCH.9816Jerry CCH.9816 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2018

Yes, I love it. But......
    1.WoD still need reduce radius
    2. Awsome Change >>> Scourge: Added a 0.5-second warning to enemy players on each shade and on the player when activating a shade skill.
    (Im HC Wing raid player, i love it)
    3. Need "Nerf Arrow Cart siege Damge " and " Buff Ram/Catapult Damge "
    4. Make Alliance System BETA Test Coming fast
    B)

• Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2018

It was an ok patch. Less boon removal unless condi rev comes back to meta. Which is unlikely with resistance converting to immob now.

Holo feels definitely better in zergs due to group support but when you try 1v1 scourge.... Nooooo, its not gonna happen with the new cleanse. :disappointed: But with scourge nerfed, it definitely has slot in meta. Scrapper doesnt deal enough damage to warrant usage outside superspeed/clenase/reflect bot (which holo can do)

Firebrand feels much better now. Just take virtues with f3 stunbreak and you dont have to slot 2nd stunbreak anymore. Meaning you can take quickness mantra or something. Warriors should be happy too. Scourge is obviously still strong.

Only rev is kinda question mark. Where will rev meta end up at? Will they become bow stab strippers with devastation? Or will they go condi? Or do they stay on old power shiro build? or Maybe melee power rev is viable now with reduced corrupt?

Ranger and thief will never be WvW meta due to lack of support/burst/AoE capabilities.
    Power mesmer enters. Skill lag enters. Power mesmer dies. :)

But definitely it was a good patch and melee can finally push. Also the nerf on the alacrity sigil means Warriors wont have bubbles every 70 seconds anymore, which is good.

Ri Ba - WvW Commander, scout, loudmouth, tryhard
    Making Desolation great again/Alt somewhere
    Diamond Legend

• Why does this game have melee?

I Play On Fort Aspenwood [WHY]
    http://i.imgur.com/uQQTn.jpg

• Seffen.2875Seffen.2875 Member ✭✭✭

i really have no idea what you are talking about. This patch is a Desaster.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2018

More lag, more fps drops, more visual clutter, less melee fights overall... it is all about aoe range spam.

And mostly Anet joked rudely with guardian players, yeah the heal needed to be nerfed... but everything else was a joke to bash on guardian players.

P.S: Btw Shield SW most time wont cast and will burn the ammo.. the bug contitnues...

Anet if u read this and odnt know how to imrpove SW with ammo system.. please ask guardian forum there are players still figuring out what did u guys wanted with the usage of those things... fake skills and to pretend guardian has more options?

• Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭

TBH, the flashing red circles are annoying and unnecessary distractions. Haven't played in a conventional zerg since the patch, but for general clouding of an enemy zerg, it feels about the same. Maybe a hair easier generating downs in the core of the enemy group with the guardian nerf. Condi bombs will still wreck you. Going near a scourge that doesn't have F5 on cooldown is still a really bad idea. Same old pirateship meta.

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2018

@Threather.9354 said:
    It was an ok patch. Less boon removal unless condi rev comes back to meta. Which is unlikely with resistance converting to immob now.

Holo feels definitely better in zergs due to group support but when you try 1v1 scourge.... Nooooo, its not gonna happen with the new cleanse. :disappointed: But with scourge nerfed, it definitely has slot in meta. Scrapper doesnt deal enough damage to warrant usage outside superspeed/clenase/reflect bot (which holo can do)

Firebrand feels much better now. Just take virtues with f3 stunbreak and you dont have to slot 2nd stunbreak anymore. Meaning you can take quickness mantra or something. Warriors should be happy too. Scourge is obviously still strong.

Only rev is kinda question mark. Where will rev meta end up at? Will they become bow stab strippers with devastation? Or will they go condi? Or do they stay on old power shiro build? or Maybe melee power rev is viable now with reduced corrupt?

Ranger and thief will never be WvW meta due to lack of support/burst/AoE capabilities.
    Power mesmer enters. Skill lag enters. Power mesmer dies. :)

But definitely it was a good patch and melee can finally push. Also the nerf on the alacrity sigil means Warriors wont have bubbles every 70 seconds anymore, which is good.

Stealth power mesmer burst is pretty much the best pick option these days. Of the three dedicated pick options mesmer is the best out of the box to support a zerg, too.
    Rangers and thieves might as well reroll.

~ Kovu

Ranger main before it was viable.
    Fort Aspenwood.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2018

@Aeolus.3615 said:
    More lag, more fps drops, more visual clutter, less melee fights overall... it is all about aoe range spam.

And mostly Anet joked rudely with guardian players, yeah the heal needed to be nerfed... but everything else was a joke to bash on guardian players.

P.S: Btw Shield SW most time wont cast and will burn the ammo.. the bug contitnues...

Anet if u read this and odnt know how to imrpove SW with ammo system.. please ask guardian forum there are players still figuring out what did u guys wanted with the usage of those things... fake skills and to pretend guardian has more options?

they are place alerts to warnme "u will die here" hahah, i cant even outrun a centaur...~

no matter how much jumpdodges rools i doo scourge walks faster than i.

• @Threather.9354 said:

There used to be a way to push into condi fields for deeper pushes with resist spam. Now more than ever will be harder to melee push since you can't even negate condis, only cleanse them. Still pew pew meta, either have enough bubbles to be able to melee push, or wait and spam corrupts

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.