Poison Gas is not fixed. Very disappointed. Please no more bugfixes. Just improve core/Soulbeast

Daniel Handler.4816

"Spider—Poison Gas: Fixed a bug in which this skill could strike at its maximum range rather than its targeted range, and fixed another bug that prevented the radius of effect from displaying."

Their "fix" bugged pet poison fields into proccing Predator's Cunning. The caveat is that all pet poison fields miss when you exceed their targeted range by the radius of the aoe. If you didn't understand that last sentence just equip a longbow and have a spider, carrion devourer, or murellow use their poison field while you are firing from your max range. For the spiders/devourer it is deeply frustrating to watch as you see the poison launch through the air, connect with the target once, then the actual poison field appears 900 in front of you.

I know they are overworked and understaffed. But this was very disappointing because I sent them a bug report about this problem on the 29th. I don't know why they said this bug fix was part of the update. This change preceded the 6th by more than a week. I also don't know who is reading the bug reports that more than a week goes by and no one realizes mentioning Poison Gas Soulbeast will trigger all the people who use spiders.

@Robert Gee.9246 @Karl McLain.5604 @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 I will make a compromise with you guys. If you stop working on any bugfixes for Ranger/Soulbeast, even ones we desperately need, I won't get mad and I will defend you against any other customer who gets upset. Ignore all bug reports, just focus your time on improving core Ranger and Soulbeast. Don't give us bugfixes anymore, just do improvements to the class. Then in a year you can bug fix whatever isn't meta.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Well it seems that its fixed sporadically. I hadnt issues and it worked for me even pre patch.Havent tried devourer or murellow though.

They didn't fix it. They altered how range is calculated with poison fields. You may be able to hit with the soulbeast skill now, but to break the pet it comes with is not a fix.

As I said. Try to use a spider with a longbow from 1500 range.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Well it seems that its fixed sporadically. I hadnt issues and it worked for me even pre patch.Havent tried devourer or murellow though.

They didn't fix it. They altered how range is calculated with poison fields. You may be able to hit with the soulbeast skill now, but to break the pet it comes with is not a fix.

So the pet is now bugged? I am mainly in bm so i didnt noticed. The beastskill works. But yeah thats actually a sad thing to achieve if they fixed on thing with breaking the next.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

So the pet is now bugged? I am mainly in bm so i didnt noticed. The beastskill works. But yeah thats actually a sad thing to achieve if they fixed on thing with breaking the next.

Yes.

Poison gas (spider) , poisonous cloud (carrion devourer), and poison cloud(murellow) were broken when poison gas (bm) was fixed. So it's technically correct to say poison gas is not fixed because the pet's version isn't.

You must be using melee/mid ranged weapons if you didn't notice. Again, try to use a longbow from 1500 range and any of the mentioned pet skills.

Archived