PSA: Player Service Announcement

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:I hate saying it, but you might actually get better milage out of core Necro over Reaper in PvP right now.

No it's not. I've put in a lot of hours post-patch both as core and as reaper and reaper still performs better than core. However the margins are less than what they used to be.

The problem with core is that while Death Shroud is more robust than Reaper's Shroud, core necro doesn't have access to all the periodic healing that reaper has. (Blighter's Boon, Soul Eater) Basically core necro has better short term survivability that Reaper, but it's long term survivability is trash.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:I hate saying it, but you might actually get better milage out of core Necro over Reaper in PvP right now.

No it's not. I've put in a lot of hours post-patch both as core and as reaper and reaper still performs better than core. However the margins are less than what they used to be.

The problem with core is that while Death Shroud is more robust than Reaper's Shroud, core necro doesn't have access to all the periodic healing that reaper has. (Blighter's Boon, Soul Eater) Basically core necro has better short term survivability that Reaper, but it's long term survivability is trash.

Thanks for the insight. I actually haven't played core necro since HoT launch, so I admit to being a bit rusty on its performance these days.

I've read that the game isn't designed for the enemy to be able to contest home as long as you have someone hauling ass straight there - meaning there could possibly be a speed hack involved, especially if it's a class that isn't one of the top tiers for mobility.

Also there's a Reddit post about a possible banwave for bots coming shortly bc of a file the guy found that was monitoring and uploading new data, so hopefully this fixes a lot of the issues here.

Archived