Hardcore WvW Players who may get screwed with World Restructuring

Egg.6198

I think is will breath fresh air into WvW and its always nice to see major attention given to the game mode.

My only concern is for players who play WvW regularly or as their only game mode but can not commit to guilds due to real life commitments or can not play at primetime (which most WvW guilds require) or are on the night cap team or roamers. A lot players are hardcore and only play WvW but are solo guild (bank) players or small groups/guilds that join tag/TS/Discord and would like to stick with the community they are with at present because it suits their needs. The alliance system looks like this would solve the problem and keep communities together as long as its not too strict and its flexible for the amount of guilds that can alliance.

An example would be guild A 50 players, guild B 30 players, guild C 20 players, guild D 15 players, guild E 5 players, guild F 2 players, guild G-Z 1 player. If the example is possible, flexibility with guild amounts in the alliance system to allow many guilds of lower number or solo hardcore WvW players to alliance with each other, I can see the system could work. The example above will keep communities together and players that regularly play together but not necessarily in one of the main WvW server guilds, if you see my point. If not then a lot of hardcore WvW solo guild players, small groups/guilds and roamers who join the community TS/Discord and join tag will be screwed and we will end of with communities we don't know, are not friendly with, not committed to and may eventually stop playing with for 8 weeks because we will end up stuck in a rut.

You could maybe argue the point to transfer to the alliance/community with the players you want to play with for 8 weeks but again there is limitations on that with population being fulls etc and paying to transfer will be forced onto players in this situation that has already been forced into the previous situation mentioned above. Players who get screwed will be double screwed with a pay wall every 8 weeks ££££$$$$$.

@Egg.6198 said:A lot players are hardcore and only play WvW but are solo guild (bank) players or small groups/guilds that join tag/TS/Discord and would like to stick with the community they are with at present because it suits their needs.But does the community need you?

Its really quite simple - join an alliance guild and have that as your WvW guild. There will be casual communities without a doubt. You dont have to rep that guild anyway, you can still run as your personal bank guild.

Will the transition be instant? No. Bit you arent forced to transfer either. Float around 8 weeks, maybe there is a recruiting alliance in your matchup. Or find one on the enemy side. You'll join them the next 8 weeks. The transfer fee will be to suck money out of impatient people (and I am sure it will work). It will probably take 6+ months for alliances to settle.

So let me get this straight. You are a solo hardcore who can't find a guild that plays during you're prime time but you somehow follow a commander on TS/discord?

You have a great community but somehow fear that the current method of keeping a community together via a community guild would have requirements that would prevent you from joining this great community.

Sounds to me like your community isn't all that great.

@"Dawdler.8521" No community needs anyone, everyone is expendable but that is not the point I am making. Some players want to stick with certain commanders/players because they tag up at the time that they play, their play style matches theirs and on a personal level some players want to follow commanders they actually like as a person. Commanders are all VERY different for many reasons.

Joining alliance guild yes is simple but if that alliance guild has certain requirements like play exact days and times when they raid as a guild, its not possible for everyone to play at that time when they are guild raiding, mentioned in my previous post. But then those guild commanders "open tag" at times outside of their guild raid and the type of players like I mentioned in my previous post would then join them, especially for night cap is important.

Now if you mean join an alliance guild as in each server create one type of community guild for hardcore wvw player from different guilds, solo players, roamers etc then yes that would be quite simple enough to solve the problem to keep communities and players that know each other and work well together in one alliance.

Yes no one if forced to pay anything in GW2, will be interesting how that pay wall hold up.

We've already formed a guild on our server for exactly this purpose - to sweep up all the non-major guild aligned players, casuals, off hours players, scouts, RL issue types, etc which will then form part of the alliance. No requirements at all.

Means all our many different types will all be able to stick together by selecting that guild when the time comes.

@Baldrick.8967 said:We've already formed a guild on our server for exactly this purpose - to sweep up all the non-major guild aligned players, casuals, off hours players, scouts, RL issue types, etc which will then form part of the alliance. No requirements at all.

Means all our many different types will all be able to stick together by selecting that guild when the time comes.

And I suspect many other servers, if not all, will do something similar. Find that some of the people you play with are going into a super-hardcore alliance that vettes everyone, has stringent rep requirements, play times, constricting build/comp requirements, etc., that exclude you? I bet those reqs also exclude a significant number of people you currently play with as well. Group up with those people into a server alliance that doesn't have those requirements, one that is designed to keep together players who may not fit into the most elite wvw guilds (which are already out there, btw). I'll be surprised if there are very many people who absolutely cannot find an alliance of their current playmates that would work for them, if they put even a little thought or effort into trying to make that happen.

It would be nice if Anet would also open up a 6th guild slot to make this kind of thing even easier.

@Euryon.9248 said:

@Baldrick.8967 said:We've already formed a guild on our server for exactly this purpose - to sweep up all the non-major guild aligned players, casuals, off hours players, scouts, RL issue types, etc which will then form part of the alliance. No requirements at all.

And I suspect many other servers, if not all, will do something similar. Find that some of the people you play with are going into a super-hardcore alliance that vettes everyone, has stringent rep requirements, play times, constricting build/comp requirements, etc., that exclude you? I bet those reqs also exclude a significant number of people you currently play with as well. Group up with those people into a server alliance that doesn't have those requirements, one that is designed to keep together players who may not fit into the most elite wvw guilds (which are already out there, btw). I'll be surprised if there are very many people who absolutely cannot find an alliance of their current playmates that would work for them, if they put even a little thought or effort into trying to make that happen.

It would be nice if Anet would also open up a 6th guild slot to make this kind of thing even easier.Not sure what a 6th guild slot would do unless you are refering to the alliance cap of 5 -> 6.

Either way yes I am sure many are gathering their alliances now. I dont really see the concern for guilds (other than truly hardcore elitists) letting more players in - in fact it seems to be generally hard for guilds to fill their ranks now. That's why many guilds transfer servers. Where are all these players playing 24/7 at all time zones stacking alliances supposed to come from? They dont exist. Many alliances will probably be happy just to have another player period.

@Stand The Wall.6987 If your not bothered to join an alliance, yeah your probably not bothered either way what happens but that wont make you antisocial. You can be surrounded by a hardcore elitist guild and still be antisocial, anyways that is besides the point.

Now for a ones that are bothered to join an alliance and want to stay with the community but cant commit to time schedules etc (above points already addressed why) that main server guilds want will either be screwed or their server creates a community type guild for hardcore WvW players that do not fit the criteria of prime time guilds. Either way will be interesting to see what happens and your will be surprised by the amount of players that are in this situation, open tags are able to function for this reason...

Maybe this world restructuring wont make the game suffocating for you anymore. Players make a game mode what it is despite content or no content, that is down to the individual. Not everyone needs incentives to continue but carrot on a stick does motivate some.

@Stand The Wall.6987 I think its good for people to judge and express their views even if its not the same as others, only then everyone can bring up their individuals points that others can give advise on to try can solve individuals concerns and who knows someone at anet may even pick up on some of the points before the finished product is shipped out to us.

One thing alliances would change for communities is that the feelings have to be mutual. If you like the community but the community doesn't like you, then you're pretty much screwed. IMHO the only hardcore WvW players who may get screwed with World restructuring are those not wanted by their community.

I remember reading a comment by a staff saying alliances are gonna have a cap for guild numbers, so you can't have like 500 personal guild banks in 1 alliance. Instead of joining your personal guild bank in an alliance, just make another guild for like minded people from your community. Guilds were never meant to be used as personal banks.

@"SkyShroud.2865" said:Not sure if there is upper limit in terms of number of guilds in alliance. They did say there is upper limit in terms of total numbers of active players. There is a good chance there is no limit in terms of number of guilds in alliance.There most certainly will be a cap because that's the entire point of alliances - to split the servers (with 100+ guilds) into smaller pieces you can MMR against each other. And I believe Anet mentioned 5 as the cap. Mentioned that above. You need many smaller alliances to properly match them against each other, not few and max size. Capping player count puts a hard limit on the size and that need to be guild cap minimum. The second limitation, guilds, is probably more meant to keep the alliance count high instead of everyone "optimising" player capped alliances with no regards for the amount of guilds that can stack. You dont want them to be optimal and you use (exploit) the players desire of being part of their guild to accomplish that.

TL;DR For the health and balance of WvW, it's better to have 30 alliances with 1-5 guilds and 100-250 players than 5 alliances with 1-50 guilds and 250-500 players

@Thustlewhumber.7416 said:Maguuma is a 90% pug server, but we are all ex-fight guilds who know how to play together (we usually run tagless 99% of the time). The restructuring will completely break us apart, but we will make good spies on whichever world we go to.

An unfortunate side effect, luckily, it's old news as the guest servers have been doing this for 2 years.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"SkyShroud.2865" said:Not sure if there is upper limit in terms of number of guilds in alliance. They did say there is upper limit in terms of total numbers of active players. There is a good chance there is no limit in terms of number of guilds in alliance.There most certainly will be a cap because that's the entire
point
of alliances - to split the servers (with 100+ guilds) into smaller pieces you can MMR against each other. And I believe Anet mentioned 5 as the cap. Mentioned that above. You need
many
smaller alliances to properly match them against each other, not few and max size. Capping player count puts a hard limit on the size and that need to be guild cap minimum. The second limitation, guilds, is probably more meant to keep the alliance count high instead of everyone "optimising" player capped alliances with no regards for the amount of guilds that can stack. You dont want them to be optimal and you use (exploit) the players desire of being part of their guild to accomplish that.

TL;DR For the health and balance of WvW, it's better to have 30 alliances with 1-5 guilds and 100-250 players than 5 alliances with 1-50 guilds and 250-500 players

No one has actually said 5 would be the guild cap. A dev mentioned 5 as an example but the actual cap has not been mentioned or probably even decided. Frankly I hope it's much higher than 5.

Archived