Why the Balance Patch is good for Power Reaper in PvP/WvW

KrHome.1920

I like the patch.

No I am not drunk!

And here is why: I had heavy issues with three classes:

• Condi Mirage: got nerfed to the ground
  • Scourge: unlike others I don't say it hardcountered Power Reaper (it did NOT!) but it was only beatable with a utility bar full of cleanses, which lowered or even destroyed my capability to fight other classes - now I have a free utility slot for Spectral Armor again which changes a lot in terms of general survivability
  • Warriors: still a tough matchup but now I am able to corrupt resistance to immobility which (when done at the right moment) opens room for kiting which is essential to win

Sorry Scourge players: but your spec is designed so badly that I prefer to nerf it out of existence rather than having to deal with it!

Just curious, what build do you run and how do you do in ranked sPvP?

I was playing a hybrid FB but the nerf just hit too hard (I don't care to go full bunker, no matter how much Anet wants me too), and was hoping to try out Reaper again in PvP. Too scared to do it in ranked because lack of defensive abilities.

@ZombieSlayeR.8702 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:Reaper still needs more damage it should hit equal to or harder than deadeye/daredevil at the very least.

Yes ofc reaper needs more damage out of all the things it actually needs ...

I would rather have slightly less damage and some access to more defense. I hit harder than POOP but I die quick, and that's not even in a glass canon build.

@pah.4931 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:Reaper still needs more damage it should hit equal to or harder than deadeye/daredevil at the very least.

I would rather have slightly less damage and some access to more defense. I hit harder than POOP but I die quick, and that's not even in a glass canon build.

Core needs this more than reaper. ITs damage is already less and it still lacks the tools.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@pah.4931 said:

Core needs this more than reaper. ITs damage is already less and it still lacks the tools.

True ... also increase power dmg stacking on scourge shroud thx

@ZombieSlayeR.8702 said:

@pah.4931 said:

True ... also increase power dmg stacking on scourge shroud thx

Honestly feed from corruption should remove the ability to place sand shades instead all the skills now only fire form the caster. Destert shrouds scaling gets improved in doing this in addition to what it already does.Thats about the only way you can make a power build relevant with scourge imo. Remove its mechanic with the shades they are clunky continued to be penalized without any kind of compensation such as reduce LFetc.

Archived