Climbing keep/tower walls

cyberwolf.5830

What if a few classes like thieves and rangers could climb fortress walls to ninja steal or gank/annoy defenders ? It used to be a thing in DAoCWould it bring more dynamics and increase values to roaming/havoc teams in wvw?Some classes will never fit for Zerg V Zerg but there could be some other activities to be done which benefits the overall score rather than flipping camps.

What do you think?

Well it doesn't take much to break the door of a T1 tower, so I don't see how this would be different.There could be guards kicking you down on higher tiers or other counter measures to keep it inline. Just a different way to get a tower and something fun to do.There could be also other activities for specific classes, so that everyone can have a purpose.

@Kirnale.5914 said:Yeah, then you split your thief force by 4 and climb 4 different T3s at the same time while the enemy zerg is busy fighting the other zerg. Reveal wont help much here. Since thief is a high damage class, it wont take long to kill the lord and capture the objective.

So people will start organizing better and split in different team to have tactics? This is good isn't it?Make lord stronger or use some other tricks, like if you climb get a debuff which reduce damage to lord so that you won't take four T3 keeps at the same time but can still split the army in 2 in try.

There also should be other cool things to do specific for each class so that every class is needed in wvw.

Its a cool idea just I don't know off the top of my head how to incorporate it without it being weird and complicated to implement.

Perhaps the Assault Event would require to be upscaled to X number of people first and allow +1 theif per tier of say 10 people?

10 people attacking =1 thief climber20 people attacking = 2 thief climberupto cap50 people attacking = 5 thief climber

Idk weird stuff like this could be exciting. But it would take some serious work to make it function right.

For a way to make it "work", then make a own siege named something like "siege ladder", that takes a good chunk of supply to build (lets say 100), and after a single person uses it, it collapses. And automatically engage swords.

If anyone is watching map, they can find that someone entered and warn/send defenders etc. It slows it down so much that you'll need 5-10 people depending on supply amount to send 1 person in. Even a full 50 zerg can probably max send in a 5man havoc squad. And it will eat through all their supply, so no catas/rams.

Couple of things that I can think of from the top of my head..... Probably needs some changes to the guards, I'd probably add more patrolling guards, and group more together. As a single player like thief or warrior can likely kill an entire keep of guards as long as you can take them 1by1. Also add a couple of roaming groups of npc's around the lord, so it's harder to solo like that. And, make it disable mesmer portal.

Edit: would probably need something to deal with stealth as well. Kind of tempted to say guards having anti stealth skills, could be interesting.

Still not sold on the idea, but I think it could be made to work.

Yes, seems a great idea for some pest to be able to scale the wall and destroy all the siege it has taken hours to build, just in time for the map blob to come along and pvd and the defenders to realise there is no longer any point in defending anything if this can happen.

Perfect for karma train. Should be implemented immediately in EOTM.

@joneirikb.7506 said:Couple of things that I can think of from the top of my head..... Probably needs some changes to the guards, I'd probably add more patrolling guards, and group more together. As a single player like thief or warrior can likely kill an entire keep of guards as long as you can take them 1by1. Also add a couple of roaming groups of npc's around the lord, so it's harder to solo like that. And, make it disable mesmer portal.

A decent player could probably take the entire keep's worth of guards at once - it's just not possible to pull them all at once.

DAoC, some classes could climb walls. BUT, there was no siege to destroy and they couldn't get "inside". Meaning, for our purposes, they would only be able to get inside keeps and the castle, and only the outers. SO, that being said, I am fine with allowing thieves to climb walls if they make all siege immune to that class.Imagine all thieves in the game never being able to do damage to siege (even when they are manning siege).

Yeah, not gonna happen.

@cyberwolf.5830 said:

@Kirnale.5914 said:Yeah, like climbing in T3, go infinite invis, and destroy all sieges. Then we play invis war, 60 thieves climbing in without anyone noticing then boom t3 gone.

Then force revealed when climbing and make swords, so your 60 thieves will be destroyed by the meta zerg of the other server.

If a stealth thief gets killed that easily. Politely advice/convince him to play another profession class.

Archived