If you could give Necromancers better mobility how would you do it?

Ya Ya Yeah.7381

Undoing all the Necro nerfs except the crazy burning procs.Make the shades have 2k hp but they cannot be cleaved.Make there tp a shorter cd.Make f4 give 3seconds of sprint.Reduce the amount of barrier from sandshroud.

Not a necro player i'm just an observer of necro patches because what falls on you guys generally falls on mesmers too since we were the last 2 remaining condition classes in pvp.

eZ fixesFlesh Wurm - Reduce casting time to 1/4 s (or instant)ReaperNightfall - Convert field from Dark-Smoke to add synergy with RS#2 (giving stealth)ScourgeSandswell - Reduce cast to 1/4s (or instant)Defense to increase disengage potentialSpectral Walk - Inc 2s of evade at cast along with all its other abilities.Spectral Armor - Make it work similar to Rev heal except it loads shroud instead of health, reduce duration to 3s

@Crazy.6029 said:I was just thinking that an interesting and fun way to make necros more mobile would be to rework the dagger and give it a leap, maybe give 600-900 range. Maybe even give it a weakness application. How would you make necros more mobile?

Start with core and reaperCoreShroud skill 2 now becomes a near instant blink (similar to revenants phase gap close) to your target. in addition to its current effects of aoe chill and bleed.Speed of shadows trait now grants 3 seconds of super speed when entering shroud in addition to its current effects.Trait Reaper's Protection now moves you away from the foe that triggered after the fear is launched ind addition to its current effects (similar to hard to catch for thief)

ReaperShroud skill 2 moves faster and becomes an evade when dashing to your target.The Trait Relentless Pursuit Becomes merged with Shroud Knight remove its make it so you only get the 33% all the time or the 66% bonus only in shroud.

As far as mobility this is about all you can do.Scourge needs no more mobility as it has a portal already though maybe make the portal instant and a break stun.

Make it so Flesh Wurm causes you to teleport to the target location and creates the wurm where you ported from. The secondary part remains the same porting you to back to the wurm and killing it in the process.Death Spiral (Greatsword 3) now has a leap attack, identical to Savage Leap (warrior sword 2).Death Shroud 2 is a shadowstep to your target.

edit: or a teleport on Death Spiral, similar to Guardian sword 2. Teleport then attack.

@"Drakril.4058" said:eZ fixesFlesh Wurm - Reduce casting time to 1/4 s (or instant)

Too much set up require the way wurm currently is for it to be a real effective teleport not to mention people or mobs can kill it rendering the teleport function useless.Teleport to a target area inflicting conditions (Not a break stun but it is instant (no cast time)) and summon a wurm that attacks foes at your previous location. You make sacrifice your wurm to teleport back to its location (The teleport back has a cast time).

ReaperNightfall - Convert field from Dark-Smoke to add synergy with RS#2 (giving stealth)Maybe a good change

Defense to increase disengage potentialSpectral Walk - Inc 2s of evade at cast along with all its other abilities.All this really needs is a stack of stability and super speed. For get trying to give necro evades that will never happen.

Spectral Armor - Make it work similar to Rev heal except it loads shroud instead of health, reduce duration to 3s

This is a good and bad idea at the same time while it will get you some invuln time until you cant really use shroud or if you do this out of shroud you are still pretty vulnerable and it promotes the action of people not attacking you for those 3 seconds. Most people are not scared to hit you for spectral's current duration.Now if it "was activate shroud (Regardless of its current cooldown) and absorb incoming damage as life force" then yeah it would be good.

@Lahmia.2193 said:Make it so Flesh Wurm causes you to teleport to the target location and creates the wurm where you ported from. The secondary part remains the same porting you to back to the wurm and killing it in the process.Death Spiral (Greatsword 3) now has a leap attack, identical to Savage Leap (warrior sword 2).Death Shroud 2 is a shadowstep to your target.

Greatsword 3 is currently one of the best set up / burst tools on the weapon that does not require massive set up to land like grave digger. I think its better leaving the mobility leap to reaper shroud 2

@Lahmia.2193 said:Make it so Flesh Wurm causes you to teleport to the target location and creates the wurm where you ported from. The secondary part remains the same porting you to back to the wurm and killing it in the process.Death Spiral (Greatsword 3) now has a leap attack, identical to Savage Leap (warrior sword 2).Death Shroud 2 is a shadowstep to your target.

this^^ I was thinking the exact same thing for gs3maybe a tp to dagger trait when using dag3maybe a tp to well of blood trait, so you can tp 900 range when using the heal. or change well of power to function like this.maybe a tp to plaguelands, 900 range or somethin

@ZDragon.3046 said:

Greatsword 3 is currently one of the best set up / burst tools on the weapon that does not require massive set up to land like grave digger. I think its better leaving the mobility leap to reaper shroud 2

I just always saw Reaper greatsword as something of a dark twin to Guardian greatsword.2 is the big hitting twirly skill.4 is the combo field aoe attack (they even had matching animations during HoT beta).5 is the pull.Only thing missing is the leap on 3.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

I just always saw Reaper greatsword as something of a dark twin to Guardian greatsword.2 is the big hitting twirly skill.4 is the combo field aoe attack (they even had matching animations during HoT beta).5 is the pull.Only thing missing is the leap on 3.

I guess when you put it that way maybe. I guess it depends on how they animated it what other functions it had.

Flesh worm-doesn’t kill it, just changes places with the worm.Reaper’s mark-if triggered, gets flipped into a teleport and additional second of fear if flip is triggered.Spectral Walk - give invul and superspeed, lock us out of skills, reduce time spent in walk to compensate. (Yes it is another elixir S but it’d be Better than what we have.)Spectral Grasp - Force Teleport on hit to prevent bugginess, make it one target again, adjust CD. (Stability check for pull.)

Grasping Shadows - forced teleport on hit so then it won’t get caught by a damn pebble and flip out. (Have it check for stability first.)Death charge-Leave a Rectangle of chill behind you and apply chill on ending the cast, increase cast speed.

Change the wurm skill to not kill and just swap places and give 8 secs to reactivate if needed before it dies.Give GS #3 a blinkMake Reaper Shroud #2 a evade like warrior GS#3 instead of just block projectilesFix terrain problems with GS #5Give Dagger(MH) #3 changes. Make it a high speed projectile, if it hits the target, the target will be immobilized and you can reactivate to jump if wanted.Change Dagger(MH) #2 to something quicker, i feel that's the idea of a dagger, reduce the channeling time of the skill without nerfing the damage, just make it happen quicker.Spectral walk gives superspeed and not swiftness, or it gives swiftness+stabilityThat third trait from the first choice in soul reaping gives you superspeedBuff the heal from the movespeed signet

But i dont think anything of any of the comments here is going to happen, we are just dreaming. Core necro and reaper will always be the wonky profession of the game, specially reaper, the melee spec and the easiest spec to be kited. Totally weird

Edit: english issues

I like the idea of a skill having a leap function coupled with the ammo system perhaps. There could even be a trait that grants swiftness when 'x' is applied. That way it could try to promote some build diversity or some swapping with weapons and sigils to get the proc if a necro wants more speed.

Honestly though I feel like Necro in general needs more defensive options. Necromancers are just way to weak to any focus fire and have so few options to respond to that damage.

Rather than altering direct mobility for reaper, I'd make the greatsword do what it's supposed to. Grave digger should be an overhead hammer like strike akin to Hammer Shock, Zealots Embrace or even Coalescence of Ruin with cripple or stun. Give death spiral more of a dash forward and we're probably done.

For Core Necro, Wurm upgrades, evade on Spectral walk, all sound like great suggestions.

I would give gs2 a leap with creating a slowing field on impact, furthermore I would make gs5 a real claw so that you can press 5 again to pull yourself to the target.In shroud I would rework shroud2 so that it becomes a throwable scythe that travels 1200meters into a chosen direction, then it can ricochete back dealing the same damage it did before in a line. Furthermore, you can reactivate the ability again to teleport yourself to the current position of the scythe, making it a reliable engage/disengage-tool. In addition you can move while the scythe flies.This rework-idea is inspired by the warframe nezha, who has such ability.example minute 0:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ3rb3uHnss

Necromancer and mobility... I've always had this stupid idea to replace the minion trait (death nova) by a trait that make it so that instead of summoning minion it allow the necromancer to have access to the minion's active skills directly. Thus:

• Blood fiend would grant a basic heal
  • Bone minion would grant a blast finisher centered around the necromancer.
  • Bone fiend would allow the necromancer to throw an immobilizing dart.
  • Shadow fiend would teleport the necromancer to it's foe. mobility
  • wurm would teleport to the trgeted area. mobility
  • golem would allow the necromancer to charge througth foes. mobility

For that I'd be willing to take death magic and even to give up death nova anytime.

Lower Flesh Wurm's cast time and increase it's range (2400?), cut Spectral Walk's cooldown in half. For Reaper, add something in line of foward dash/thrust to #3 or turn it into a skill that binds foes hit to you in some way, making sure that fully escaping from you (i.e. going past 900/1200 units) is harder while not overly punishing them from being outside of melee but within 1200 units.

For core necro, DS #2 having slightly lower cooldown (by 2-3s) and shorter cast time.

Archived