Build without weaver

BuBt.4587

tempest is still good dpsair and fire overloads are good damage, and staff's lava font and meteor shower are good damage no matter what your build, and warhorn air and fire 5 are good damage

tempest is actually better than weaver at AoEoverloads hit a big area, and dagger has a lot more AoE than sword. and warhorn 5s all hit a big area

@reikken.4961 said:tempest is still good dpsair and fire overloads are good damage, and staff's lava font and meteor shower are good damage no matter what your build, and warhorn air and fire 5 are good damage

tempest is actually better than weaver at AoEoverloads hit a big area, and dagger has a lot more AoE than sword. and warhorn 5s all hit a big area

I dont have hearth of thorns neither. Am I really useless without expansions?

I'm actually not sure. I haven't run a core build in a while. but my favorite build in the game before HoT was released was fresh air ele. not sure how core ele stacks up for dps. Let me take a look

it was kind of upsetting that tempest air overload spamming was more dps while being way more boring to play. but air overload has since been nerfed, and there have been a lot of other changes

Only trouble you may have is if you want to get into high-end content with other players, like raids or high-tier fractals.Anything else, you're fine running core ele. Just enjoy the 90% of the game that don't care about the most possible dps. The difference from core ele to either elite spec isn't huge. Noticeable, sure. But only if you directly compare. You don't feel weak if you play core ele (squishy maybe, but that applies to any kind of ele).

Best trait-lines for damage are likely Fire + Air + Arcane.

so as for build, I was using full greiving (basically the same as sinister), balthazar runes, dagger/focus, fire 111, earth 112, and arcane 121. glyph of storm, signet of fire, and glyph of elemental powertaking elemental surge over evasive arcana and swapping glyph of elemental power out for arcane power may or may not be better dps, but I do know it has less versatility/defense and slightly less AoE

I play a simple staff power build, fire-1-1-2, arcane-2-2-3, air-3-1-1. Everything is berserker but 2acc, 1 amulet and a sentinel staff for POF zones but i have a berserker staff too. Sig are force and Bloodlust, runes are strength. I rarely die and I solo. I can take on average 2-4 mobs easy and up to 6 with no problem, depending on the mobs. Use 4 if the mob melee just watch where you are when using it. I hardly ever leave fire either. Use level 60 sharpening stones and orrian steak fritters. Good luck.

I ran a full 'zerker build, with ruby accessories and runes of the scholar (or any rune with Power/Prescision.) Unless you're fighting certain world bosses, you can get away with mainlining fire all the time, changing to air or water as needed (never found much use for earth until way late in the game.) I found that a core ele's use is situational now, because the mobs and bosses in the core game haven't changed. So, if you're doing only the core game, with no expacs, then you should do just fine in exotics with berserker stats.

As for build, Run Fire, Air, and either Arcane or Water. Look at the traits to see what works for you and test out a few different combinations to learn what they do and how they interact with each other. I know it's not the "fast" way to do things, but learning your character inside and out makes up for not having the latest and greatest. I think pretty much everyone here will tell you that experience will win out over wallet almost every time. Good luck to you!

I would not run water. Most easy to use base build mostly camping fire is fire, air, earth for me. Arcane instead of earth for more punch but generally when going arcane you already go for advanced play. Water is only useful if you stay backline just nuking never being hit .... pure offensive base staff is zerker fire/air/arcane for me and it´s fun to play but a squishball .

@Wolfric.9380 said:I would not run water. Most easy to use base build mostly camping fire is fire, air, earth for me. Arcane instead of earth for more punch but generally when going arcane you already go for advanced play. Water is only useful if you stay backline just nuking never being hit .... pure offensive base staff is zerker fire/air/arcane for me and it´s fun to play but a squishball .

I am so happy with this build that I haven't even wanted to try tempest or weaver. With Glyph of harmony, Glyph of elemental power, Glyph of elemental storms, Signet of earth and Glyph of elementals I really don't feel squishy until I hit POF zones and I adjust a bit for that.

@"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:Anet's devs hate tempest ... but love weaver ! so ... tempest (and core ele) will get (and already had) plenty of nerfs and weaver will be "adjust" (will not say buffes or I might ruin it all) so it's harder and harder to build without weaver now as an ele ... sadly

(my point of view)

God I hope not, I have only played core and have no desire to play anything but. I know I am weaker but I just want to play my way and have fun and not have to change because the dev's like the newest build best.

@lunarminx.3624 said:

@"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:Anet's devs hate tempest ... but love weaver ! so ... tempest (and core ele) will get (and already had) plenty of nerfs and weaver will be "adjust" (will not say buffes or I might ruin it all) so it's harder and harder to build without weaver now as an ele ... sadly

(my point of view)

God I hope not, I have only played core and have no desire to play anything but. I know I am weaker but I just want to play my way and have fun and not have to change because the dev's like the newest build best.

I was kinda joking there saying anet loves weaver more ... but it's true they put more effort at balancing / developping weaver then they did for tempest ! and the attention they give to it too (at least that 's how I and most people relate to this)

for core ele, fresh air has much faster damage, while staff has more sustained dps.Like if you need to kill a few low health monsters, fresh air will get the job done much faster. But if you need to take down a big boss, staff is going to bring it down faster.

Now, this is all assuming a party that is giving you lots of buffs. If you're by yourself, fresh air is also more sustained dps than staff unless the enemy has a really big hitbox, because you can stack might more easily.

and fwiw condi beats both in sustained dps in all circumstances except buffed staff vs big hitbox

Archived