Staff dead. Axe back.

Levetty.1279

Mesmer:

• Illusionary Ambush: This skill no longer interrupts phantasms.
    • Tides of Time: Updated aiming calculations for this skill so that it more accurately reflects the intended firing direction while the caster is moving. The wave will now attempt to fire in the aimed direction relative to the player character's facing.
    • Imaginary Axes: Now applies torment instead of confusion. Previous durations unchanged.
    • Axes of Symmetry: Now applies torment instead of confusion. Previous durations unchanged.
    • Bountiful Disillusionment: Reduced might duration from 15 seconds to 8 seconds.
    • Winds of Chaos: Reduced bleeding duration from 7 seconds to 4 seconds. Fixed a bug that caused clones using this skill to inflict vulnerability instead of torment. Reduced torment duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
    • Chaos Vortex: Readjusted condition application on this skill to apply 1 stack of bleeding for 8 seconds, 1 stack of burning for 2 seconds, and 1 stack of torment for 8 seconds. Fixed a bug that allowed this attack to hit the same target multiple times.
    • Duelist's Discipline: Increased bleeding chance to 100%. Decreased bleeding duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds. (Please note that the previous skill fact for this trait that listed 6 seconds was incorrect, and the trait previously inflicted 5 seconds of bleeding.)
    • Imagined Burden: Fixed a bug that caused the 25% damage reduction skill fact to appear on greatsword skills it did not apply to.
    • Phantasmal Mage: Fixed a bug that caused the daze from this phantasm's attack from benefiting from the Confounding Suggestions trait.

Prior to this update axe was my secondary weapon but with the changes I can literally produce 40-50 stacks of torment with three mirage cloaks, two lingering thoughts and two axes of symmetry. I'm certain if I switched to illusion trait line I can produce more torment from shatters. As for staff, I can still produce in the range of 30-40 bleeding, 10-20 fire, 10-20 torment using 3 mirage cloaks.

@EikoLani.8592 said:Prior to this update axe was my secondary weapon but with the changes I can literally produce 40-50 stacks of torment with three mirage cloaks, two lingering thoughts and two axes of symmetry. I'm certain if I switched to illusion trait line I can produce more torment from shatters. As for staff, I can still produce in the range of 30-40 bleeding, 10-20 fire, 10-20 torment using 3 mirage cloaks.

What is your build allowing you to do that?

@Mirarii.7836 said:

@EikoLani.8592 said:Prior to this update axe was my secondary weapon but with the changes I can literally produce 40-50 stacks of torment with three mirage cloaks, two lingering thoughts and two axes of symmetry. I'm certain if I switched to illusion trait line I can produce more torment from shatters. As for staff, I can still produce in the range of 30-40 bleeding, 10-20 fire, 10-20 torment using 3 mirage cloaks.

On Mirage Elite trait you will need to have access to infinite horizon, this trait will allow your illusions/clones/phantasm to have access to ambush as well. When you use mirage cloak through dodging or utility skills you get accesses to ambush for skill 1, I make sure to press skill 1 as it won't sometimes activate, even with auto attack on. Making sure you have all your illusions up is a must to maximize the amount of condition your putting out. Since I'm lazy my rotation at the moment for activating mirage cloak and spawning mirage mirror is Dodge, Dodge, mirage mirror, false oasis, dodge, if you have Sigil of Energy you can switch weapons and get about 1-2 more dodges.

If you're using Dueling you get access to more bleeding from critical hits.

@EikoLani.8592 said:

On Mirage Elite trait you will need to have access to infinite horizon, this trait will allow your illusions/clones/phantasm to have access to ambush as well. When you use mirage cloak through dodging or utility skills you get accesses to ambush for skill 1, I make sure to press skill 1 as it won't sometimes activate, even with auto attack on. Making sure you have all your illusions up is a must to maximize the amount of condition your putting out. Since I'm lazy my rotation at the moment for activating mirage cloak and spawning mirage mirror is Dodge, Dodge, mirage mirror, false oasis, dodge, if you have Sigil of Energy you can switch weapons and get about 1-2 more dodges.

I've been using Infinite Horizons since day one lol, I'm mainly looking for something to replace illusions trait line now. TY tho

@Mirarii.7836 said:

I've been using Infinite Horizons since day one lol, I'm mainly looking for something to replace illusions trait line now. TY tho

With the new fixes to the illusions trait line there are some benefits but I generally like using Chaos trait line for Illusionary Defense, Chaotic Transference, Chaotic Persistence, and Chaotic Interruption. Only down side to Chaos trait line is all the boons people can use against you which requires you to be creative by being aware of your opponent and maintaining distance.

@EikoLani.8592 said:

@Roda.7468 said:Anet y don't u want us to use staff :<

What do you mean? As a Condi-Mirage I still use staff for range dps, boons/ chaos armor, condition pressuring, and mobility. Ambush from staff is still very powerful, maybe not power wise, but condition and boon wise it very powerful and a easy way to build might.

I think he meant in raids.

Archived