9/2/18 Update Notes

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Mesmer:

• Illusionary Ambush: This skill no longer interrupts phantasms.
  • Tides of Time: Updated aiming calculations for this skill so that it more accurately reflects the intended firing direction while the caster is moving. The wave will now attempt to fire in the aimed direction relative to the player character's facing.
  • Imaginary Axes: Now applies torment instead of confusion. Previous durations unchanged.
  • Axes of Symmetry: Now applies torment instead of confusion. Previous durations unchanged.
  • Bountiful Disillusionment: Reduced might duration from 15 seconds to 8 seconds.
  • Winds of Chaos: Reduced bleeding duration from 7 seconds to 4 seconds. Fixed a bug that caused clones using this skill to inflict vulnerability instead of torment. Reduced torment duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Chaos Vortex: Readjusted condition application on this skill to apply 1 stack of bleeding for 8 seconds, 1 stack of burning for 2 seconds, and 1 stack of torment for 8 seconds. Fixed a bug that allowed this attack to hit the same target multiple times.
  • Duelist's Discipline: Increased bleeding chance to 100%. Decreased bleeding duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds. (Please note that the previous skill fact for this trait that listed 6 seconds was incorrect, and the trait previously inflicted 5 seconds of bleeding.)
  • Imagined Burden: Fixed a bug that caused the 25% damage reduction skill fact to appear on greatsword skills it did not apply to.
  • Phantasmal Mage: Fixed a bug that caused the daze from this phantasm's attack from benefiting from the Confounding Suggestions trait.

Mostly expected changes, i did have a feeling that Imagined Burden was acting a little odd when used with Mirage. Not sure if it was doing the same with base or Chrono.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, mesmers master of torment.

Funny how it went from intended niche necro exclusive condition, now we can easily stack 30+ stacks of torment with axe/ambush/shatters. PvP lot are just going to moan about this instead until it gets nerfed...

On the flipside barely any confusion now unless you trait F2. :( A bit sad thematically.

@Curunen.8729 said:Yeah, mesmers master of torment.

Funny how it went from intended niche necro exclusive condition, now we can easily stack 30+ stacks of torment with axe/ambush/shatters. PvP lot are just going to moan about this instead until it gets nerfed...

On the flipside barely any confusion now unless you trait F2. :( A bit sad thematically.

Whilst i dont overly mind the change, i completely agree the theme has got a bit lost and muddled. Not sure i see the link between torment and mesmer, but i think this is the best we will get. Didnt really feel like it was all thought through enough. Would def have preferred a split for pve in confusion.

Unless I am ill-informed, the shift from confusion to torment in this manner seems, well, silly! Confusion is essentially iconic to mesmer, jeopardizing that confusion niche and making condition play essentially the same as rev/necro in that regard feels lackluster. It seems like a needlessly complicated fix for something exceedingly simple. The fix should have been, let confusion function as a DoT at usual in Pve, but make it skill activation damage ONLY in pvp. Thus it would have its use in both modes. Now it is a "work in progress" of shifting to a new condition which will likely cause more complaints (pvp or otherwise) than a proper confusion split. I guarantee torment will soon see a nerf and the cycle will continue. I cannot fathom what runs through the minds of devs at times, it is akin to aimlessly throwing darts at a board hoping to score a bulls-eye; sigh. Things were looking great for the class as a whole too given the recent changes involving phantasms.

Yeah let’s promote skillful application of a condition that will either be cleansed immediately or fall off in one second! Seriously they should have either nerfed the duration or removed to passive tick in PvP. One or the other not both.

On a different note... why the nerf to bountiful disillusionment? Not many people used it I’m aware of, but I also don’t keep up with PvE so maybe that’s it. But for the first time I could maintain 25 stacks of might easily and then they nerf it

This only fixes Axe. This does nothing for the Mirage utilities and elite--all of which rely on Confusion. Not only that, but also the F2 shatter, multiple traits, and so forth all affect confusion--albeit to a marginal and pointless degree.

Are we to expect these to ALSO change as well? The sheer amount of oversight is about as confusing as the condition which shares the namesake. Remove confusion from PvE. Replace it with Torment. It is LITERALLY USELESS in PvE content. Unless you can rationally and mathematically explain the confusion changes working in PvE, no one will ever believe otherwise.

Holy kitten I've just found this is a HUGE nerf in pvp/wvw.

The confusion in addition to normal axe torment was punishing also as a cover condition. Now it's just stupidly high stacks of torment - which are easily cleansed.

My burst is suffering. :/

PLEASE can we have skill splits and return confusion on axe - so no DoT component in pvp/wvw and previous DoT in pve. I don't understand why that can't be done. Why the refusal to do this split balancing for confusion?

i'd say jaunt is worth slotting for the mobility, I personally got out of harm's way many times with it while I am down on the ground or stunned. crystal sand probably better than illusionary ambush for axe build just so u can cast mirror on top of your current location instead of risking being ported to a random location around the target.

Archived