Brutality post 8/2/18

Euthymias.7984

Ok now ANET, please do listen to this:

First step for now

Do start already considering the idea of giving Impossible Odds its quickness back, just straight add it back next balance patch you do. You have to stop doing these "sidegrades", just aid the class by giving it more. No more exchanges.

For context, you removed the bonus damage from Impossible Odds (10% in PvE, 5% in PvP) and the quickness. You did make the upkeep lower now but this is countered by the fact that you need to spend energy on fast hitting skills like Shackling Wave and Surge of the Mists to actually make use of the secondary strike from Impossible Odds and its 0.25 sec internal cooldown.

Whats the problem here? The new trait is very easy to understand. you get quickness on weaponswap, that has a 9s cooldown like swap sigils. works only in combat and unfortunately not for legendswap... which would make this trait viable. +while you have quickness you strip 1stack stab per target per interval, which is 1s.

the 9s CD is for the quickness proc on weapon swap and the 1s ICD is for the removal of stability stacks per target.The trait is great and all but i dropped this trait when i found out that it doesn't apply quickness on hero swap which should technically count as a "weapon swap", I thought it was a bug so i sent a report but it looks like it was intended that way which i hoped it wasn't. Hence, this trait is only worthwhile for roaming power revs builds, whereas builds that use 1 dmg weapon set (like power hammer rev or condi/ hybrid mace+axe rev) and the other weapon set as a defensive staff, we can't make the most out of this trait because we only use our 2nd weapon set for defense or a good CC opportunity, so the weapon swap rarely happens+ we won't be hitting the enemies as much to get the most out of the trait.I hope that hero swap will proc the quickness on weapon swap.

Archived