Now that axe is repaired, what's the point of confusion?

We have scepter applying a burst stack on a giant telegraph. We have f2 applying 3 stacks on 25 sec cd. We have confuse on shatter (if you take 2 separate traits to make it work) and on a few mirage utilities.

Is it possible after the axe change to burst confusion high enough to matter?

Also... How's pvp now? With those big bursty torment stacks. Sure... You don't get killed for cleansing them. But you do still get spammed with absurd stack quantity.

So... We have an amazing amount of runaround, and all it means is that instead of torment and confuse ticking, we just have torment. Easier to cleanse... Still bursty as hell.

Torment is a reliable condition damage source in pve and pvp, while confusion is a punishment to skill spammer in pvp.

Anet wants confusion to be a punishment to foe that skill spam instead of just another dot damage. Confusion is also act as a soft cc to create a temporary skill denial to player.

While I don't like condi mirage playstyle and don't really care about confusion changes, this whole situation is getting a bit silly.

This whole thing could have been resolved so much easier and making everyone happy. Just split the condition (which they already did). Make its passive tick for basic 1 with no condition damage modificators and active tick as strong as it is now and change the numbers for PvE.

It's really backwards design from what I'm seeing here. The change is unintuitive, confusing (lol), unjustified, badly designed, badly implemented and unefficient as it causes a problem of adjusting other skills, changing axe and still leaving multiple skills basically useless in pve.

The thought process behind confusion is worth studying. I would love to see how they came to conclusion this is the right thing to do it.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Crossaber.8934 said:Torment is a reliable condition damage source in pve and pvp, while confusion is a punishment to skill spammer in pvp.Yet completely useless in PvE. And since it is useless, why it's even there? Just to make some skills worthless?

ermm.. torment was updated to be in pair with bleeding on its passive effect (basically what they did with confusion before recent step backward)

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Crossaber.8934 said:Torment is a reliable condition damage source in pve and pvp, while confusion is a punishment to skill spammer in pvp.Yet completely useless in PvE. And since it is useless, why it's even there? Just to make some skills worthless?

ermm.. torment was updated to be in pair with bleeding on its passive effect (basically what they did with confusion before recent step backward)

I was speaking about confusion, obviously.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

I was speaking about confusion, obviously.

In this case we are in agreement then.

Archived