best way to get WvW ranks? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

best way to get WvW ranks?

Im running around with the Tag but after like 90 mins I only have 1 rank. I dunno if all ranks require the same exp to level but right now Im only 160 so I feel like it should be moving faster. If running around with a tag is garbage exp then what should I be doing?

Comments

• Norbe.7630Norbe.7630 Member ✭✭✭

Follow a better tag, or tag for yourself to have you control the exp you want.
    cap everything, kill everything on your path, use celebration boosters for maximum xp power gains aside from guild buffs

Why So Serious?

• Dabrixmgp.4758Dabrixmgp.4758 Member ✭✭
    edited February 9, 2018

that was a waste of time. 2 ranks in 2.5 hours following people who just wanted to get camped by zergs 3x our size.

• Norbe.7630Norbe.7630 Member ✭✭✭

if i were you join your server's WvW guild, most WvW guilds closes their squads to pugs and requires the metabattle builds and comms,

Why So Serious?

• Evolute.6239Evolute.6239 Member ✭✭✭

Killing players is fun, but bad for ranking up. You'll want to ppt/ktrain objectives with boosters. Theres usually a popular ktrain pug commander on most servers you can follow.

• Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

Evlote.6239 Summed it up; I also recommend following a cmd who caps any papered objectives, camps etc since they seem to flip fast and you'll be on the move. It differs from person to person but if you want something done right... you gotta' tag up and do it yourself.

Make sure you have boosters/buffs on:

• Celebration Booster
    • XP booster
    • Guild hall 10% bonus to WvW XP
    • WvW 50% XP booster (you can get a mini version that lasts for 15 mins when levelling up a new character, these are the old school boosters btw and it all stacks)

Hope that helps.

• henchmen.1856henchmen.1856 Member ✭✭
    edited February 9, 2018
    1. transfer to vabbi/maguuma
    2. pop boosters
    3. follow blob
    4. spam skills
    5. done
  • HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Run as many of the Boosters as you have that Zephyra listed or look for Banners at spawns and grab those and then kill everything! Guards at gates, guards in camps towers and keeps, the veteran wurm, Veteran Harpy and Veteran Warg, even the grave event in Alpine bl counts towards participation, not sure about experience, sentries, yaks and possibly the two events at the NE and NW of Alpine, learn to tag spy and be able to tell when a cmdr is going for a harder objecrive, build seige, repair walls and kill players, there's tons of things that give the experience, it doesn't build up super quick sometimes even with boosters, but sometimes it does.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    1. Go nsp. Play ocx to eu. Lots of outnumbered buff.

2. cap sentries, camps, towers.

3. follow zerg when up
    4. have boosters and guild buff.

=)

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Klipso.8653Klipso.8653 Member ✭✭✭✭

Grab a guild buff and a birthday booster, then join your servers squad during prime time, I gained about 70 ranks in 2 evenings with that

-Balwarc [ICoa]

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2018

if you are truly facing 3:1 odds, I would roam and flip camps, shrines, sentries, and find two others and flip towers.

3:1 (against) isn't going to garner a lot unless you have a very good experienced com running with an equally experienced squad in coms with synchronized builds.

Even numbers (or close) would get you more.

• Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭

Be on the winning side. They get more towers and kills.

Be open about what you want from commander. IF the commander places 1 ram on a gate with 30 players + 500 supply on pocket, he typically doesn't give players what they want. Unless hes trying to bait enemy to fight.

Ri Ba - WvW Commander/hard carry
    Making Desolation great again/Alt somewhere
    Diamond Legend

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Threather.9354 said:

Be open about what you want from commander. IF the commander places 1 ram on a gate with 30 players + 500 supply on pocket, he typically doesn't give players what they want. Unless hes trying to bait enemy to fight.

Could be really poor too.

• Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Threather.9354 said:

normal rams exist.

Ri Ba - WvW Commander/hard carry
    Making Desolation great again/Alt somewhere
    Diamond Legend

• Find a good guild group. Run the right builds ( I am not a fan of Mettabattle) and that will help you get more ranks as a result. Also, make sure you have the WXP buff from your guild hall.

• @HazyDaisy.4107 said:
    Run as many of the Boosters as you have that Zephyra listed or look for Banners at spawns and grab those and then kill everything! Guards at gates, guards in camps towers and keeps, the veteran wurm, Veteran Harpy and Veteran Warg, even the grave event in Alpine bl counts towards participation, not sure about experience, sentries, yaks and possibly the two events at the NE and NW of Alpine, learn to tag spy and be able to tell when a cmdr is going for a harder objecrive, build seige, repair walls and kill players, there's tons of things that give the experience, it doesn't build up super quick sometimes even with boosters, but sometimes it does.

^^this

Seriously, its a time commitment in the long run, but worth it if you want the ranks. Just run around and try to kill and take as many things as possible.

Greck Howlbane - Firebrand
    Sorrow's Furnace For Life

• the best way was eotm ktrain!

please release me, let me go

• Kamara.4187Kamara.4187 Member ✭✭✭

@Evolute.6239 said:
    Killing players is fun, but bad for ranking up. You'll want to ppt/ktrain objectives with boosters. Theres usually a popular ktrain pug commander on most servers you can follow.

This. get a guild wvw boost and use a regular wvw boost. (they stack)

"Love thy enemy, for without them there would be no WvW."

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

Steps to be successful in WvW:
    1.- Get yourself a necro.
    2.- Face roll keys 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,f1,f2,f3,f4
    3. - PROFIT!

Congratulations, you have reached level 9,945 and you are now a Diamond Legend!

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hitman.5829 said:
    Steps to be successful in WvW:
    1.- Get yourself a necro.
    2.- Face roll keys 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,f1,f2,f3,f4
    3. - PROFIT!

Congratulations, you have reached level 9,945 and you are now a Diamond Legend!

Only if people aren't paying attention on the other side. Scourge is now a solid class for the Zerg. It's no longer faceroll. The changes made over the last two balance tweaks have pulled them back.

Don't get me wrong, scourge is a strong Zerg toon, but no longer OP.

• Orpheal.8263Orpheal.8263 Member ✭✭✭

the best way to obtain ranks was, at the time, when there existed in the game as a reward these direct rank up item,s which instantly ranked you up by +1 wen you used them (sadly anet removed this item out of WvW a few years ago before HoT...(

Alone this thing quickly brought me back then from like rank 500 to like Rank 1000+ and it felt nice and rewardign to get these things while playing WvW, especialyl whn the WvW daily was to obtain 2 ranks, you just bought then with your badges ofhonor two of these instant rank uppers and had easily this one daily achievement done, without havign to waste hours of runnign with zergs in circles with all kinds of wexp boosts on or so to spee up the progress makign of getting ranks....

If Anet never intents to brign this rewardign item back, I think it woudl be the best for WvW anywax to completely overhau lthe whole silly unrewardign rank system and reducie it from 10000 garbage ranks worth nothing and totally being unimpactful for your WvW Character Progression to to 100 really meaningful impactfal and rewardign feeling WvW ranks - that would make much more sense, where every 10 ranks means then a new WvW Title/Rank up in the roster

0 = Private
    10 = Corporal
    20 = Sergeant
    30 = Major
    40 = Lieutenant
    50 = Colonel
    60 = General
    70 = Brigardier General
    80 = Major General
    90 = Lieutnant General
    100 = Commander (reach this and you earn Commander Status, without having to pay 300G)

Reaching Rank 10 would be then like now reaching Rank 1000. Commanders in WvW which haven't reached Rank 100 then yet, will be called temporary then also Commander, but their Icons would be different, so that people have visually a clue by lookign at the icon ,if they have in front of them a prson, who just bought the commander status so far, or somewhen ,who truly earned it.

The amoutn of Wxp needed to get a rank should get halfed, so reachign Rank 100 after that change should basicalyl take only half as much time, than it would take currently to get Rank 10000.

Alot lesser rank names needed then also - no bronze, silver, gold, platin, mythril, diamond nonsense needed then anymore, cleanign up this mess significantly with such a change.

Cassandra Lancaster - Achievement Hunter - 28,9k AP currently - Server: Drakkar Lake/EU - Mastery Rank of 254
    I'm the proud Origin of the Elite Specializations Concept (Sub Classes) through the last made CDI Project.

• What I don't get is why you want to earn ranks this fast. After a certain rank, the rest is garbage, totally useless 'cos you won't get a proper profit in coins or drop. Since the speed earning ranks can be ridiculously fast sometimes, you reach a moment that you don't know why you keep playing WvW. Not for ranks, for sure.

• Orpheal.8263Orpheal.8263 Member ✭✭✭

Gettign a higher rank should be meaningful in Wvw.. how it is right now, its just a trash system where every single rank is meaningless to a player whio has at least reached enough ranks to get all wvw skilsl that we have so far to maximum...

And what i wanted to reach with my concept, that there shoudl exist in WvW a logical rank based bond to the commander gameplay, lettign it be earnable there, without havign to spend any gold for it if you prefer to earn it that way.
    Reachign under my concept rank 100 would essenstially take the effort of reachign rank 5000 now, a rank that high ,which mostly over 90% of the whole WvW community doesnt have after all this years still yet, so the system can still work as motivation for players, who like getting rank ups as part of "character progression", which want to earn this way unique WvW title,s that are linked to these ranks...

currently we have in Wvw absolutely no wvw rank based titles to earn..only those that come from doign wvw achievements ...

Cassandra Lancaster - Achievement Hunter - 28,9k AP currently - Server: Drakkar Lake/EU - Mastery Rank of 254
    I'm the proud Origin of the Elite Specializations Concept (Sub Classes) through the last made CDI Project.

• @Dabrixmgp.4758 said:
    that was a waste of time. 2 ranks in 2.5 hours following people who just wanted to get camped by zergs 3x our size.

It depends what server you are on. Some servers don't PPT, they hit objectives just to get a response and people to fight. Many servers are intentionally tanking so they don't go up in tiers. You need to find a group that wants to take stuff, not just fight if you want ranks. We usually hit an objective to draw orange swords and then back off without taking it.

• Sarrs.4831Sarrs.4831 Member ✭✭✭

@Cambeleg.7632 said:
    What I don't get is why you want to earn ranks this fast. After a certain rank, the rest is garbage, totally useless 'cos you won't get a proper profit in coins or drop. Since the speed earning ranks can be ridiculously fast sometimes, you reach a moment that you don't know why you keep playing WvW. Not for ranks, for sure.

Each pip is worth about 2 reward points when you get to diamond. Big gains!

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Klipso.8653 said:
    Grab a guild buff and a birthday booster, then join your servers squad during prime time, I gained about 70 ranks in 2 evenings with that

This is just an example of someone facreolling empty maps (pvdoor) and/or facing enemies they outnumber horribly.

Carnished Toast (Yum)
    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)

• Klipso.8653Klipso.8653 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Klipso.8653 said:

This is just an example of someone facreolling empty maps (pvdoor) and/or facing enemies they outnumber horribly.

Prime time T1 is pretty constant zerg fights, good for WXP

-Balwarc [ICoa]

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2018

Get yourself a birthday booster, Experience booster and find a map you're outnumbered on, go around flip camps and sentries for easy xp.

Another option is to get the boosters and predict where your zerg might go and kill the NPC's on those objectives, even if it flips after 20 minutes, you'll still get the XP, meanwhile you flip sentries and camps and continue to kill NPCs.

Join in on EVERY keep flip, including SM.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion

• @Sarrs.4831 said:

It's absurd. As soon as you're full geared, there's just another "coin" to amass for nothing.

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cambeleg.7632 said:

@Sarrs.4831 said:

It's absurd. As soon as you're full geared, there's just another "coin" to amass for nothing.

And most people as soon as they're fully geared, all decked out and at or close to maximum rank no longer run solo, or if they do, they don't play fair, run the cheesiest of builds and spend a majority of their time zerging, corpse jumping or sitting at spawn. Who cares about what currency they have amassed or what they think of said currency? If the rewards aren't good enough for them now, then Anet is never going to be able to create rewards close to their standards without further setting back those players well below the high ranks.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2018

Buy a time-machine, go back to the beginning of EOTM, put in your boosters and make a few thousand ranks a month ;)

• @Threather.9354 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Threather.9354 said:

normal rams exist.

Wal-Mart siege *shudders

#nornmodeisbestmode

• @Klipso.8653 said:

35 ranks per day, so u can get 2k in like 2 months doing this routine every evening?

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd LOVE to have 10k WvW rank. Max diamond in 7 (best) to 11 hours (worst) sounds very appealing. I don't think that's worthless.

• Gemnaid.4219Gemnaid.4219 Member ✭✭✭

Repair walls.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.