When will the server association change ?

Ocir.7345

Hello, when is the server association supposed to change ? I got to change server but want to wait to see if my current server doesnt get associated with the server i want to join. Is there a set rotation ? How do i know if thats gonna change today, next week, never ?

@Ocir.7345 said:Hello, when is the server association supposed to change ? I got to change server but want to wait to see if my current server doesnt get associated with the server i want to join. Is there a set rotation ? How do i know if thats gonna change today, next week, never ?

servers change every 8 weeks depending on anet's computation. =)

for you to know, check if your server is a host or link.

if host, you may get paired with other links.

if link, you may get paired to hosts.

so, check it out =)

The others answered the "when".

There is not a rotation or any predictable system to it. ANet changes the links up in order to balance out populations. So if lots of people transfer to a linked server to be with the host server, then those two will likely be split up in the next link, since chances are they're becoming larger than the other links. etc.

They never tell how they're going to link until right after the re-linking is done. To avoid people trying to game it. So you'll just have to wait until friday 23rd (more likely saturday 24th if they're a little late) and see.

Archived