Worst class in the game right now?

Nimon.7840

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Scar.1793 said:Power Rev and Necro, deep in the depths of Oblivion.

Well. At least heal rev and condi rev are a thing. Did they nerf power rev? It was freakin dteong in wvw before the patch

I don’t pvp in MMOs because I think it’s the wrong type of game for that. Especially with GW2. But from the few games I had months ago it was ok, nothing amazing. Some classes could clearly do better with way less efforts.

I was mostly speaking from a PvE POV.

Well rev is the most outdated. Not touching dmg here, but mechanically it needs improvements. Especially energy management should be more than a button press and legends needs more skills.Ranger has mechanical problems too because pets are still crappy after 6 years (although not as crappy as they once were).But ranger has high versatility and just needs improvements for condi playstyles in competitive play so i stuck with rev on this vote.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Thing is... Revs and Necros are good classes that are desired in WvW. Just like Thief/Engi/Ranger are not desirable for WvW group play. So even though in PvE as a Necro or Rev you might feel weak, there are still other modes of play where those classes often get called OP.

PvE Rev is not as gutted as necros and vice versa. Necro is no group class which makes it undesired in PvE group content and rev has no build diversity.

@Nimon.7840 said:Consider gamplay and viability in the gamemodes, and how much fun the class is to play. And consider how many viable builds a whole class has. Not just the newest elite spec.

I voted Rev simply because fighting them they have all the skills...and passives...but it always seems to be in the wrong place and time?Seems like Rev is nothing more than warrior 2.0

Rev is easily in the worst spot right now. People who are voting Necro likely do so just because the class has historically had difficulties, but it’s still very capable in raids on many fights due to Epi and Scourge is still performing well enough in sPvP, despite recent nerfs.

@Dahkeus.8243 said:Rev is easily in the worst spot right now. People who are voting Necro likely do so just because the class has historically had difficulties, but it’s still very capable in raids on many fights due to Epi and Scourge is still performing well enough in sPvP, despite recent nerfs.

Problem: u cant define a class by one skill. I by myself think, that rev is just fine. In wvw its super strong, and a power one for pvp is pretty good as well. And then there is like a heal and a dmg spec for pve. So i guess its in a way better spot than necro.

I would gladly see epidemic removed from the game, if its the only reason for not giving him dmg or survivability

RIP. I put engi for the fact that (from a pvp and wvw perspective pre feb 7th patch) Only had one build that was very very counterable. Any good sd thief can 1v1 or +1 an engi all day. With how telegraphed their skills are, even if you couldn't win against them in a fight, you could generally kite their damage hard enough to get a +1 or to leave the fight entirely. I don't consider rev to be a part of this game as a whole, just wvw.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Dahkeus.8243 said:Rev is easily in the worst spot right now. People who are voting Necro likely do so just because the class has historically had difficulties, but it’s still very capable in raids on many fights due to Epi and Scourge is still performing well enough in sPvP, despite recent nerfs.

Problem: u cant define a class by one skill. I by myself think, that rev is just fine. In wvw its super strong, and a power one for pvp is pretty good as well. And then there is like a heal and a dmg spec for pve. So i guess its in a way better spot than necro.

I would gladly see epidemic removed from the game, if its the only reason for not giving him dmg or survivability

I agree. Remove Epidemic from the game. It is a great skill but if we could get proper balance without it, then go for it.

@Nimon.7840 said:

Necro is hardly “defined by one skill”. It’s a good skill, but the class is hardly useless without it.

Necro isn’t a great choice from a speed-running perspective in PvE, but it does well enough to down bosses and is an easy-to-play option for new players because of how straight forward and tanky it is.

In PvP, it just came from being one of the two most dominant and powerful specs in the game by a huge margin. It’s also been very solid in WvW.

Rev hasn’t been even decent in sPvP in a long time.

@Flauvious.6195 said:

@Axl.8924 said:I voted necro cause necro always gets shafted and no updates after its nerfs, leaving it in a perpetual state of ruin and mess.

How quickly we forget the months since pof where scourge facerolled everything in PvP by just smashing the keyboard with your face

Actually it was around 1 month or less and condi got nerfed and its not our fault, its anets fault.Also:your forgetting how many times reaper got nerfed and shafted.We got a constant stream of nerfs to the tune of whiners and crybabies in pvp and WVW, including epidemic.

reaper was nerfed as well and so were our abilities.I don't want revenant to suffer but have some empathy for the situation necro is facing.Necros don't like being put in a position where they are too overpowered to buff because of how they are designed.They want to be viable in pve and have some decent meta builds at the same time.remember what was it, last year when revenants were crying? i didn't hear a lot of negative things being said about revenants, in fact a lot of people were sympathetic.

Besides:Your class only came out in heart of thorns and i learned that this was going on before heart of thorns.I wasn't around for a time before heart of thorns but in the year i've been around i've witnessed a lot of nerfs and changes happen, and thats a lot of changes for a year.Actually:I have been playing more than a year because i got heart of thorns in december of 2016 and started playing , but i was playing months before i got it like 2 months, and its feburary so almost a year and 4 months.

@"nortask.8351" said:Any good sd thief can 1v1 or +1 an engi all day.

Clearly we are playing different games....

Everybody praises the "almighty" S/D thieves even though by my experience they're either horrible or really difficult to master. I've fell may fair share of S/D thieves and I'm a D/D condi thief. Do you know how long it takes for an opponent to die due to bleeds? A S/D thief, even the worst of them all, should have the upper hand except he doesn't.

Now factor in how grossly overpowered the hollosmith is - yes I've said it, your class is more than fine so learn it - any engi can directly counter any thief, S/D or otherwise...

TL;Dr: My conclusion is that you are clearly fishing for class buffs even though atm your profession is in the top 3.

@Super Hayes.6890 said:Can't pick my utility skills. If these skills are to be determined by the currently selected legend then allow for selectable weapon skills. This would add to the uniqueness of the class while adding much need build customization. Imagine, a class where there are multiple weapon skills for slots one through five.

Yeah i once proposed this. Would be neat. A condi and a power version for each skill. Hammer would be sweet for a melee condi set and staff with a condi ranged set. Sword gets more AoE dmg and Axe get melee treatment.And so on. They could just reinvent every weapon with a totally different skill.

@emblack.3754 said:

@"nortask.8351" said:Any good sd thief can 1v1 or +1 an engi all day.

Clearly we are playing different games....

Everybody praises the "almighty" S/D thieves even though by my experience they're either horrible or really difficult to master. I've fell may fair share of S/D thieves and I'm a D/D condi thief. Do you know how long it takes for an opponent to die due to bleeds? A S/D thief, even the worst of them all, should have the upper hand except he doesn't.

Now factor in how grossly overpowered the hollosmith is - yes I've said it, your class is more than fine so learn it - any engi can directly counter any thief, S/D or otherwise...

TL;Dr: My conclusion is that you are clearly fishing for class buffs even though atm your profession is in the top 3.

Its not engi per se, or exceed skills. Its the dmg of the holomode. If you wanna survive you need to kite the holomode out. The dmg is high. But they should keep the dmg and tweak the heat generation in PvP. So you cant stomp all day long with holomode.Thiefs arent the weakest class either IMO. A lot of evades, stealth and shadowssteps. They have problems with face to face though and are pressed into a skirmishing niche. Thief has high skill cap, but after you reach really the near perma stealth you can kite all day long. Its just difgicult to achieve and not the norm.

Archived