Just a thought about nerfing

Galaa.8475

Instead of nerfing the strong classes down to match the the weaker ones.Bring the weaker classes up to match the strong ones. That way the pve and pvp community will be pleased. Now you are not messing with the classes we nedd to survive in the pve world and the pvp community can play the class they want to play instaed of a class they have to play to compete in thier world. just a thought, dont know if it can be done. but anything is better then nerfing a class. have a good gaming weekend everybody. =) <3

never ever had a problem with any class at all in pve . not sure what op is even talking about pvp in pve forums for we all know pvp is a failed and dead game mode much like wvw .what does pvp have at all to do with pve forums ???because pve does not care about pvp nor wants to hear about pvp at allthis is a video game and people always forget that idea community means noting at all never has and never will mean any thing :-1:

^ Pretty much my thought on the topic.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:All professions are currently overblown with power in relation to content in the game.That's not true, some stuff is clearly underpowered when it comes to the "more recent" content / has severe scaling issues.

Actually, the classes are pretty much balanced with only minor differences in terms of dps.Some classes though, lack group-utility which is needed if you want to be really viable in the endgame-content that relies on that kind of playing with others.Therefor I would propose adding abilities with utility or reworking abilities to give selfsame.

@"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:never ever had a problem with any class at all in pve . not sure what op is even talking about pvp in pve forums for we all know pvp is a failed and dead game mode much like wvw .what does pvp have at all to do with pve forums ???because pve does not care about pvp nor wants to hear about pvp at allthis is a video game and people always forget that idea community means noting at all never has and never will mean any thing :-1:

Oh man, apparently I'm looking at the wrong forum here. I mistakenly thought this was the "Guild Wars 2 Discussion" forum. I also mistakenly though the OP was discussing "Guild Wars 2" issues. Somehow I also missed the PVE only tag on this forum. I only wish we had a forum called "Fractals, Dungeons & Raids" to talk PVE stuff. Maybe someday ....

@MachineManXX.9746 said:

@"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:never ever had a problem with any class at all in pve . not sure what op is even talking about pvp in pve forums for we all know pvp is a failed and dead game mode much like wvw .what does pvp have at all to do with pve forums ???because pve does not care about pvp nor wants to hear about pvp at allthis is a video game and people always forget that idea community means noting at all never has and never will mean any thing :-1:

Oh man, apparently I'm looking at the wrong forum here. I mistakenly thought this was the "Guild Wars 2 Discussion" forum. I also mistakenly though the OP was discussing "Guild Wars 2" issues. Somehow I also missed the PVE only tag on this forum. I only wish we had a forum called "Fractals, Dungeons & Raids" to talk PVE stuff. Maybe someday ....

Fractals, dungeons and raids are not covering whole PvE. I dare to say, it's still a minor part of PvE content.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Fractals, dungeons and raids are not covering whole PvE. I dare to say, it's still a minor part of PvE content.

That's kind of my point. This forum covers a lot of general GW2 discussions, such as the original post. It wasn't me declaring this to be the PVE only forum.

@MachineManXX.9746 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

That's kind of my point. This forum covers a lot of general GW2 discussions, such as the original post. It wasn't me declaring this to be the PVE only forum.

Then, I guess, we are in agreement :+1:

Rather than nerfing "op traits" blindly, I think some people need to look at the bigger picture. People also need to start balancing in relation to apples and oranges - what's the point of nerfing one class into the ground so it has no type advantages against any of the other 8 classes?

I'm yet to see a decent argument for nerfing that discusses multi class interactions or possible counterplay - just "this seems op because it hardcounters my build and/or I don't want, or know how, to deal with it."

I'm not sure why people think buffing weaker classes is better than nerfing stronger classes. The end result is the stronger classes end up weaker relative to those that were buffed, the main difference between nerfing over buffing is to maintain a certain power level. Otherwise in the case of pvp you eventually get to a point where damage gets too high a single basic aoe is enough to 1 shot everyone, or pve content ends up extremely easy due to extremely high dps.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Then, I guess, we are in agreement :+1:

WWWWOOOSH

@Galaa.8475 said:Instead of nerfing the strong classes down to match the the weaker ones.Bring the weaker classes up to match the strong ones. That way the pve and pvp community will be pleased. Now you are not messing with the classes we nedd to survive in the pve world and the pvp community can play the class they want to play instaed of a class they have to play to compete in thier world. just a thought, dont know if it can be done. but anything is better then nerfing a class. have a good gaming weekend everybody. =) <3

Buffing everything doesnt work. Esp when theres no progression gearwise and the content is largely the same.

This game already has too much power creep that needs to be toned down, we definitely don't need more power creep. They made things so strong with the specialization update pre-HoT, and none of those changes were nerfed or toned down. And elite specs just add even more power creep, as they are upgrades to the core profession instead of alternative playstyles.

Archived