support renegade build for pvp

messiah.1908

hi guys.

after the new patch i went back to my renegade and test its support abilities in some 1v1 and team fights

the results were:

1. fun to play casually
  2. must know rotations and enemy rotation so higher learning curve
  3. best healing output out there
  4. timing is crucial when using your utilities
  5. still thief and scourge are the main threat
  6. play with group and not bunker

build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAWinnNWMTyJvmRNlZzsoytZ4UZ3MIs8bmlfl6/+6vBcNAOgGg9C6gSA-jZxHQBJ8KAgsyAA4QAMm9HU2DAAA

warband - most of the time enemies dont focus them but can be used as LOS. their radios can cover a point but dont put them directly on the middle due to cc.this is where timing is crucial. you want to put them after the cc has been used. or to use your soulcleave and reactivate it again

healing abilities with renegade:staff AA + soulcleave - 1.5k hps for each enemy you hit (mm necro, mesmer clones, engi gyros, ranger pet will yield more)
rune + soulcleave - rune has 900 radios and hits 16 times. in average yield 5k healing. because the raven dmg is low ppl dont evade,block,dodge so you can get higher healing outputicerazor + soulcleave - 20 hits but usually 5-10 times so heal for 3-6k healingbastion - with 5 nrg (ty anet) self heal is amazing and for team also nice combine with soulcleave about 2.1k healing per second for allies on point. also reduce 50% dmg condition aoe.

ventari you already know but make sure before you swap to use elite to deplete nrg and gain 25 more nrg with 3 cleanse or 4 if you dodge and 7 fragmentscomboPE+PS+EE - 5 cleanse, 35 nrg. with hammer #3 its 6 cleanse, 40 nrg....swap legends is another cleasne and hit with sigil another cleanse. staff #4 another 2 cleanse.

remember that warbands will stay even if you swap to ventari (not soulcleave) so you can gain even higher healing burst abilities.with hammer you have block projectiles, 1.25sec evade, 2 blast finisher, 1200 range, projectile finisheri notice most of the time its much easier to decap the point.

i test fight versus mirage mesmer and i let him put me on 1k hp. i use soulcleave+icerazor and i had full hp. he was shocked.

you can use mender but be careful. most class you wont be able to kill and its not your job.

it needs good group basic knowledge about how renegade ventari works.

mad king rune is gimmick but fun. use water or dywana or flock.

can be used in pvp till gold and low plat tier.

hope you like it.

Archived