Power Scourge (Obviously NOT MeTa) - Berserker or Marauder?

Exqq.7451

With the announcement of some increases in cost to kittens, do you think it would make sense to go Marauder (from what I understand about a 5% dps loss) over Berserker for a Power Scourge to make spamming kittens more reliable?

I'm thinking at this more from open world or PvE events etc and while I understand yar yar YOU CAN PLAY ANYTHING THERE YOU BAD, I'm just curious what everyone thinks. This is not a competitive type of discussions. Just really wondering.

@Lahmia.2193 said:Full zerker minion power scourge. Roll through all the pve with ease. Dagger/warhorn, axe/focus so you never run out of life force and can basically never die.

That is pretty much the build I plan to run, cause I love minions, I'm not worried about META, and I'm fine being the unsung last man standing hero of random open world stuff.... with that being said, maybe the extra vit will help to spam a bit more for the kittens, including the barrier F skill Sand Cascade? Not sure, but never having to worry about LF seems kinda nice, if it actually translates to that.

I agree with what has been said here and would only add that Marauder's would be your first choice if you find yourself struggling to survive. I always build characters for maximum dps first and then test them out to see how well I can manage. If I struggle to stay alive I just slot in survivability piece by piece until I feel comfortable.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:Power builds actually have the life force generation to reliably use Shade skills, even with the increased costs. The extra Vitality for improvement in life force gain isn't terribly important.Talking about WvW: In the Beta even on Marauder Dagger/Warhorn + Axe/Focus weaponset I could not create enough Life Force to use skills on cooldown. And now they even nerfed LF cost.

But since we seem to talk about PvE: Berserker > everything else!

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:In PvP, I was having zero issues keeping up near-full life force with Mender's Scourge, and that was with constant spammage of F skills. Granted, I was running Spectral Armor, but it was dagger/warhorn and axe/dagger.Did you use Soul Reaping? I did not - and I won't ever after nerf.

For Scourge you may want to reconsider because its really good for it.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:In PvP, I was having zero issues keeping up near-full life force with Mender's Scourge, and that was with constant spammage of F skills. Granted, I was running Spectral Armor, but it was dagger/warhorn and axe/dagger.Did you use Soul Reaping? I did not - and I won't ever after nerf.

Soul Reaping is amazing for Scourge. I believe I was actually running Blood Magic, Soul Reaping, Scourge.

Archived