So what is some good abilities to use to survive with mesmer?

Axl.8924

So i was experiment with dual wielding 1 sword in every hand, and i really like it.That immunity combined with that combo HOLY COW THATS GOOD.the aoe plus blur does some serious damage

the problem is though:I take a ton of damage.I'm only level 30 now because i luckily got 4 experience books for my daily chest reward.Other than the decoy that tricks enemies and explodes, anything else i can use to survive better?

Well, first, don't stand at melee range if you don't have any defenses prepared. If you've used up your evades, your invulns, etc. then swap to a backup weapon like greatsword. Putting a little distance between yourself and enemies is very effective when you have clones to distract them! Swapping also gives you access to more clones, which means you can do fun stuff like performing your killer sword rotation, swap to greatsword, shatter your clones, and use greatsword 5 to knockback your enemies. Then you just do your greatsword rotation, spawn a new line of clones and so on, swapping back and forth to make use of those cooldowns.

That's pretty general. I'm sure someone who actually knows power mesmer could give you better specifics on skills to use. I only know mirage, and axe mirage plays quite a bit differently than power mesmer.

Pretty much what was mentioned above. The thing with Mesmer is you aren’t supposed to get hit. We don’t have retaliation any more because the devs decided since we aren’t supposed to get hit we don’t need it.S/S is nice, I like it a lot, but torch or focus is slightly better OH for leveling at it allows some kind of disengage to reset your position and swap to GS, staff, or even scepter.

Cuz mesmer needs skill to play and be mobile, mesmer isn't a warrior who just stand in 1 place and laughs at enemy attacks. Use illusions to tank for you, use phantasmal defender its taunt is great. Use daze shatter and distortion shatter too. i use Distrortion shatter without any clones and if timed right can save you from 1 shots or when your knocked down and stuff is ganging on you.

Mesmer has lots of tricks to survive. Later with chrono and mirage, even more.

@Axl.8924 said:I was told that torch is condi?

Yeah I'm not sure why people are recommending it. While leveling up off hand Sword will be the best for its block followed by a short evade and skill 5 hits hard and can be cast from range. Greatsword will be good as well as your other weapon set, can stay at range, an aoe knockback and good burst to kill enemies quickly (more trait dependent though). Traited signets can give you evade on activation but I think you need to be a higher level to get that trait.

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Axl.8924 said:I was told that torch is condi?

Yeah I'm not sure why people are recommending it. While leveling up off hand Sword will be the best for its block followed by a short evade and skill 5 hits hard and can be cast from range. Greatsword will be good as well as your other weapon set, can stay at range, an aoe knockback and good burst to kill enemies quickly (more trait dependent though). Traited signets can give you evade on activation but I think you need to be a higher level to get that trait.

People are recommending it because OP asked what skills can be used to help him/her survive. Stealth on a weapon skill is definitely a skill that can help you survive if you are struggling

When I was leveling mine, and mind you it’s been over 5 years now. There was really only one way to level a Mesmer without making pulling your hair and using it to hang yourself sound like a good idea. Staff!!! Mind you back then we had a clone death build, so you would literally round them up and spam clones in the middle of it all.

Archived