Why are Winterberries so much better than anything else?

Oglaf.1074

You get two nodes per spawn that guarantee you Berries. 70-80 Berries per character per day is a standard haul.

Compare this to the currencies of the other LW areas where they are much rarer in spawn (Winterberries are all over the map, too) and you're not even guaranteed one special currency item per harvest.

Since Winterberry accessories have pretty much the same stat selection as the others, why bother with any other set of accessories?

@Takoyakii.2146 said:Yes, Winterberries is the easiest to farm.

But because the accessory in ls3 is unique: It's mean you can't use the same accessory at the same time. If you want to fully equip with all ls3 ascended trinkets. You gotta play another map too.

Only one non-ring ascessory as you can use the infuse-trick to use two Black Ice Bands. ;)

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Takoyakii.2146 said:Yes, Winterberries is the easiest to farm.

But because the accessory in ls3 is unique: It's mean you can't use the same accessory at the same time. If you want to fully equip with all ls3 ascended trinkets. You gotta play another map too.

Only one non-ring ascessory as you can use the infuse-trick to use two Black Ice Bands. ;)

Yeah. You can do that . With that you still have to play another map for ascessory and amulet. ( Bitterfrost doesn't sell amulet.)

This assuming you want to gear up by playing only ls3 map.

I usually do Draconis mons for amulet and Ember Bay for 2nd accessory. Can't remember if there is even an alternate map that sells these two slots. Changeable stats on Bloodstone Fen items are nice but I can't be bothered to farm that map. I hate that place. Bitterfrost items cost twice as much berries as other currencies but there's no account cap on berries I think. Other currencies have like a cap of 50 per account per day for harvesting the nodes. You can also get 3 per heart vendor per character and some more from events.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

• Winterberrry Rings cost 200 berries, Earrings 300.
  • In contrast, rings cost 100 units of blood rubies|fire orchids, earrings 150 units of petrified wood.

Similarly, five of the currencies convert to unbound magic at a rate of 25-50:1, versus berries converting at a rate of 15-30:1.

Doesn’t really balance things considering how little of the non-berry currency you can get. I mean, I regularly get no Jade Shard per node.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

• Winterberrry Rings cost 200 berries, Earrings 300.
  • In contrast, rings cost 100 units of blood rubies|fire orchids, earrings 150 units of petrified wood.

Similarly, five of the currencies convert to unbound magic at a rate of 25-50:1, versus berries converting at a rate of 15-30:1.

Doesn’t really balance things considering how little of the non-berry currency you can get. I mean, I regularly get
no
Jade Shard per node.

It's never going to be completely balanced.

Pearls are almost as good as winterberries. Heck, they can be better if you win the gamble at all. 15 from the (5 minutes to do) hearts, 20+ from gathering, and 0 to 102 per gamble per character. It's not crazy to get 50 per character, and an amulet costs 125.

Honestly it's just Bloodstones and Jade Shards that are annoying to get. The rest are rather easily farmable if you know the routes. Winterberries are just the most afk proof.

@Evolute.6239 said:Pearls are almost as good as winterberries. Heck, they can be better if you win the gamble at all. 15 from the (5 minutes to do) hearts, 20+ from gathering, and 0 to 102 per gamble per character. It's not crazy to get 50 per character, and an amulet costs 125.

Honestly it's just Bloodstones and Jade Shards that are annoying to get. The rest are rather easily farmable if you know the routes. Winterberries are just the most afk proof.Jades are easily farmable, far better than both Bloodstone and Petrified wood. Too bad they don't have a lot of uses (there are better places to get an amulet).

@"Odinens.5920" said:Slightly off topic, but I'm curious - can you get the new Marshal stats from the LWS3 trinkets/accessories, or can you only choose stat sets from HoT?

I just checked wiki. Unfortunately, you can only get Core Tyria + HoT stats from LS3 maps.

I checked this link, “Available Prefixes”https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jade_Pendant

@Evolute.6239 said:Pearls are almost as good as winterberries. Heck, they can be better if you win the gamble at all. 15 from the (5 minutes to do) hearts, 20+ from gathering, and 0 to 102 per gamble per character. It's not crazy to get 50 per character, and an amulet costs 125.

Honestly it's just Bloodstones and Jade Shards that are annoying to get. The rest are rather easily farmable if you know the routes. Winterberries are just the most afk proof.

Shards are relatively easy, I have an amulet on all of my characters except one I rolled recently that I have not geared up yet. Bloodstone is brr .... the drop rates are insanely low.

Huge hint: buy the nodes. At least the bloodstone one. With that and an unbound set of tools (either the karma ones or the infinites) you can gear up most of a character in, what, 66 days, with only trips to the zone to visit vendors.

@Airihnaa.4592 said:Exactly. Home nodes. Always worth getting them early. So save your magic. At least 10000. :) (If only salvaging them wouldn't be so annoying with the wood, jade and rubies. Maybe I should just sell them to vendor... >6 gold per stack.)

Yep! Already have my 11,000+ for the next chapter. You will need 10 for the node and 1 for the teleport scroll. Anything else is dealer's choice.

Archived