How do you spend your gold?

Queen.5837

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I save my gold until I have enough for the next thing I want, then I buy it and drop back to almost zero (or on two occasions literally zero - not even 1 copper in my wallet), then I start saving for the next thing. I do have a mental list of things I want to buy but I go through it in order of priority, not cost, so sometimes I'll spend months saving a few hundred gold (yes it takes me that long) even though there's some things I want which are much cheaper.

The only exceptions are when something new comes along which is cheaper than what I was saving for (like when I bought the Mini Lunar Horse because it won't be available for long) and when I'm working on a collection or crafting project and I'm not sure how much it will cost or what exactly I'll need to buy. Right now for example I've just started working on a new legendary so I'm trying to save all my gold to put towards the materials I'll need. But because I'm taking my time and not doing it in order (haven't finished the first tier collection but I'm already making ascended materials) I don't know exactly what I'll need to buy and what I'll gather/find along the way, so I have to hold onto the gold until I need something I don't have enough of (and I decide it's easier to buy it than farm it).

I hoard everything until I want to make something. Then I sell what I don’t need, buy what I do need, and try to never fall under 25g. It works for me ^^

Hyperlooser, I started Astralaria with just 100g last week or so, I’m on part 3 now. Just do bits at a time, if you want to craft a Legendary that is. If you just want to save and buy a Gen1, you can ‘bank’ your gold in the TP with a buy order that will never be filled (like 500g for an expensive infusion). This way it you’ll know where it is and not spend it.

Excelsior.

I only spend gold for waypoints; have all I want and need - and the first time ever I feel really chilled.Still get the shivers thinking of how I was permanently broke in FF14 or even MapleStory 11 years back then.It forced me away from what I want in these games: Fighting and killing. The saviour of the world going into the woods to forage for naturals like a hobo?? Pfft.

Save it for big purchases. I already bought most if not all of the cheap dyes and minis off the Trading Post, so now I just let it pile up for when I need it. I'll be wanting it for the current character I'm leveling. Plan to dress her in tier 3 cultural. If not for that, I want the Glittering Greatsword for my Chronomancer.

Previously, a lot whent to gems for shared inv slots, character slots, bank slots, gathering tools etc. Now, it's basically saving up toward legendaries. I get it quite slowly however, so LNY is a welcome boost!

Usually, I spend in trickles - make small buy orders often. However, as Astralaria and the coming longbow are competing with getting the Griffon, it's a bit more save-and-burst atm.

I extremely rarely have more than 150 gold.

Hi, fellow Tyrians,

my gold goes straight into my guild hall. Though we have no housing I just thought big and took a few guys to claim my own guild hall. I don't need every upgrade (wvw and pvp-guild missions don't make sense for a single person, also etherium mining speed) but bringing everything visible on restoration level 2 (which makes actual buildings from the ruins) takes a lot of stuff. So there go all my mats and all my gold.

If you are looking for gold and material sinks (reddit says we desperately need those /s) and if you want not just housing but ...mansioning have yourself a guild hall.

Oh, and if you want to decorate... there goes even more gold and stuff. ;)

@Queen.5837 said:Do you hoard a lot of gold before a big purchase? Or do you spend the little bit of gold you earn every day?Yes. ;)

Also what's the next thing you're saving gold to buy on TP?The thing I always try to save gold for is: Wintersday presents. Sure, I get nice stuff for me, too. I just make sure that I have enough saved to buy some nice things for friends, too.

I do that sometimes by hoarding gold to make a bunch of purchases at once, sometimes by acquiring things during the year to store & send in December, and often, by putting in lowball buy orders initially ... and then relisting at increasing amounts as I can afford it.

I think my account is worth around 60k gold and I only have two legendaries lmao so I would say that I don’t wait long. Instead, I have big goals and little goals. I work towards my big goal while focusing on little goals as I go. I have 3 precursors so those are my bigGoals which I got a good amount of stuff for, but when other cool things pop up, they deviate me as they become my little goals. To be honest though I’d say I’ve achieved most of what I want. All that’s left is the precursors, finish nevermore, get ad infinitum, and then I’d probably stop all together on collecting skins and just do wvw and spvp.

I just hoard gold for the sake of hoarding gold, and materials and currency and uh everything?

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:At the moment, my gold is dribbling away at ranking up crafters. When that's done, I kind of want to unlock skins--like the faction skins, and cultural skins. I also have started on crafting Bifrost and Incinerator, and plan to go on with those at some point. So my gold is tied up for the forseeable future.

and then you realize why someone might need 5 million karma x_x

Archived