Would you be ok with a 40% dmg reduction in PvE in return for better PvP abilities?

Arheundel.6451

Just out of curiosity really...frankly I can guess the overall answer would be but anyway...I am assuming a situation where the devs have an open discussion with the ele community asking for opinions on how to balance the class and this question comes up.I personally believe that the performance in PvE is holding back the profession to an unhealthy level, an excessive popularity in PvE may make it harder to justify any buff in other areas of the game like PvP, for this reason I presume that losing the TOP dps spot in pve would come with opportune buffs in other departments

I dont play pvp but i can imagine ele is not so good in this gamemode. In PvE you have to take into consideration both potential and realistic dps. Elementalist has highest possible dps (as is obvious from every benchmark ever) but in actual fights the facts that his rotation is rly hard, many spells have long cast times, very low defensis and the fact that if you use your very limited ultility skills you lose huge dps means realistic dps is much lower.On the other hand something like clone mirage has lower possible dps but his damage drops very little in actual fights because he isnt casting anything and he can dodge any time without losing dps. Also he can bring ulitlity with minimal dps loss and using it doesnt destroy his rotation/lower his dps.40% damage is a joke. Thats from 50k to 30k (and ele doesnt have 50k) . Noone would play ele with only 30k dps because many other dps clasess are above 30k dps and bring much more ultility. I dont think ele needs a nerf but if he does it should be small one. Dps is all ele has in pve. On the other hand it mght be good idea to maybe buff tempest because now there little reason to take tempest over weaver.Most of the damge pve builds comes with staff. In my oppinion it would be good to buff other weapons so they are better in pvp but not that better in pve. As i said i am not pvp player but i am certain there are some things stronger in pvp then in pve

The problem is that devs want to nerf pve ele all the time....and don't give a damm if their nerfs effect pvp/wvw...arcane fury, tempest can't work without healing power, ,,mancer" traits standardization, staff nerfs and that list goes on and on...it's long list of devs complete disregard to other game modes ...Gods I wish raids and benchmarks never happened.

Thank you @Karl McLain.5604 for treating your player base equally.

No, and I mostly play pvp. A 40% damage nerf is just asinine. The only time weaver's damage is out of line is staff on a large hitbox, and even that isn't 40% (!) higher than the norm. Then in other cases weaver's damage is the same as every other class's.

the only thing pve ele needs is a reduction in hitbox size damage scaling, and that has literally no relation to pvp.

You can give ele a zillion buffs without impacting pve dps benchmarks without even needing a pvp split because the top dps rotation only uses 1 weapon and only really uses 4-6 of the 26 skills on that weapon. All the other staff skills and all the other weapons can be buffed to be better in pvp without impacting pve dps.

As said above, effective dps =/= potential dps. And Staff ele has already been nerfed more than several times in that department. Also long cast times and long cd on the squishiest class with no unique ability besides large ranged aoes and combo fields. What's wrong with ele being top dps? Seems pretty fair to me.

PvP is another story and ele is underwhelming in both dps/sustain ratio, and group utility. If I had to point a guilty one, it would be dependency on water for condi removal.Core: Cantrip>regen>cleanseTempest: aura>regen>cleanseWeaver: swiftness/superseed>regen>cleanse

It is becoming a boring and limiting pattern.

PvE and PvP have nothing to do with each other. DPS Ele offers minimal utility - no group buffs, needs to go out of rotation to cc and on the top of that they are very squishy can can get caught up in cast times. DH offers cc on top of damage, I do not play Holosmith, so I don't know what is their accessibility to cc, however they provide Pinpoint Distribution for condi classes. If you brought Weaver's damage to the level of DH or Holo there would be literally no reason to take it instead of other power class. The question looks as if you wanted to take some kind of revenge on PvE Ele for being good as compared to PvP. I cannot really speak about PvP balance as I have barely ever touched this game mode, all I heard was that Elementalist is generally bad there, which is pretty sad, however under no circumstances should you kill the class in one mode for the sake of another.

Archived