nerf other classes too, and give them 0.5 sec delay — Guild Wars 2 Forums

nerf other classes too, and give them 0.5 sec delay

Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭

Lets compare Shades to traps and stealth.
Traps are invisible, can be stacked in control point and stay there for a long time. If traited/geared properly they are deadly. Trapper DH with bow is most powerful trap user.
Stealth gives invisibility. Can sneak up and unleash a burst of instane dmg before we can react. It work as defensive mechanism as well.

Shades, unlike traps or stealth are visible and not active before scourge activate it, paying with LF. Even full burst of F2 to F5 wont kill in any scenario. They telegraph their attacks clearly and can be countered with condi cleanse. Whats more, shades are far from being defensive or bursty. Now with reduced condi cleanse they don't support as well. Shades last only 10 seconds.

Summary:
Traps - invisible, long-lasting, deadly, almost no way to avoid
Stealth - invisible, deadly, defensive, no way to reveal enemy (there are few skills accessible by only couple of classes)
Shades - visible, short lifespan, weak, delayed and telegraphed activation.

Possible fixes:
Reduce duration of traps to 10sec. Make them visible. Put a 0.5s delay after stepping in to avoid.
Stealth - give access to reveal skill to all classes, spread between weapon skills, mechanics and utilities, daze stealth-users when exiting stealth for 0.5s, Make a graphical information when player leave stealth (big red circles going inward player locaton).
Bonus:
All AoE skills need to be put on minimum 0.5s delay with visible activation location (lava fonts, glyph of storms, arrows barrage etc). They are more powerful than unavioided shade anyway.

<<1

Comments

• Was stealth even a broken mechanic ? This guy must have lost a lot of rank after the BALANCE patch

DH traps have a small delay before going off, maybe besides the ulti and the heal one. At least for me when i jump in them i have a small window to react. Also note that traps are NOT repleaceable like shades with that little trait called sand savant if i am not wrong. Traps are avoidable, with the shitload of invulnerability all classes got, by dodging, (only one pulses damage). Probably it's your fault that are walking in them hoping to facetank them (and actually some classes can do it)

Another post of " i can't or don't want to play around a certain mechanic so nerf it" or also " i can't faceroll on my keyboard with scourge anymore and get a teamkill while my firebrand babysits me". Scourge have the same disruptive potential of before, but now there are ways to play around them. I still see scourges everywhere and still doing a lot of damage besides the BALANCES.

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2018

actually i'm more into WVW and pve.I really enjoy wvw.

• Felipe.1807Felipe.1807 Member ✭✭✭

Most of DH traps have cast time, Test of Faith and Fragments of Faith are the only ones that are insta cast...and all of traps also have a activation time, there are times you can get killed even after the heal trap got activeded, all damage traps can be triggered and with a single dodge roll you can negate all the damage. Dont think even after the nerf you can try to compare Scourge shades with DH, Ranger or Thief traps.

• SnowHawk.3615SnowHawk.3615 Member ✭✭
    edited February 10, 2018

rev sucks when put up against anything they have to be in their face with but everythign else is fine if you play it right - rev is the same way but you have to work extra hard for it

• @Axl.8924 said:

Traps are invisible, can be stacked in control point and stay there for a long time. If traited/geared properly they are deadly. Trapper DH with bow is most powerful trap user.
    Stealth gives invisibility. Can sneak up and unleash a burst of instane dmg before we can react. It work as defensive mechanism as well.

Shades, unlike traps or stealth are visible and not active before scourge activate it, paying with LF. Even full burst of F2 to F5 wont kill in any scenario. They telegraph their attacks clearly and can be countered with condi cleanse. Whats more, shades are far from being defensive or bursty. Now with reduced condi cleanse they don't support as well. Shades last only 10 seconds.

Summary:
    Stealth - invisible, deadly, defensive, no way to reveal enemy (there are few skills accessible by only couple of classes)

Possible fixes:
    Reduce duration of traps to 10sec. Make them visible. Put a 0.5s delay after stepping in to avoid.
    Stealth - give access to reveal skill to all classes, spread between weapon skills, mechanics and utilities, daze stealth-users when exiting stealth for 0.5s, Make a graphical information when player leave stealth (big red circles going inward player locaton).
    Bonus:
    All AoE skills need to be put on minimum 0.5s delay with visible activation location (lava fonts, glyph of storms, arrows barrage etc). They are more powerful than unavioided shade anyway.

awe another stealth/trap complainer :C git gud

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭

Are you complaining about 0.5 sec on shades? Man let me tell you our warrior problems, we have:

• 0.75 sec on longbow burst
    • 0.75 sec on arcing arrow
    • 0.75 sec on shield bash
    • 0.75 sec on breaching strike
    • 0.75 sec on Aura slicer
    • Hammer? hahaha good luck hitting anything with it.
    • You can see warrior in slow motion and tell what his next move is going to be.

Our skills are the most telegraphed in the game and we are a melee class!
    Now, lets talk about macro users. before there was a 0.5 sec on shades, people could create macros that would execute instant spells and deal an insane about of damage.
    I am glad Anet listened to or posts and fixed that issue. No more macro users for necro! No more face rolling with 1 key button!

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

Yeah but that 0.5 delay means now people won't ever fall into the trap, and cleanses got nerfed too hard.It was hit with the nerf bat too hard.
    Some nerf yeah it was maybe over performing, but there is a dif between using a sledgehammer for the job and using a chisel.

• @Jackalrat.5493 said:
    Scourge is awesome. It's still super strong. It's still DEFINITELY meta. it is still the clear pick over Reaper and core necro.

If you are crying because you think Scourge is undertuned then you are the very definition of a L2P problem.

Almost everything is a clear pick over reaper and core necro.....

• @hurrado.2346 said:

@Jackalrat.5493 said:
    Scourge is awesome. It's still super strong. It's still DEFINITELY meta. it is still the clear pick over Reaper and core necro.

If you are crying because you think Scourge is undertuned then you are the very definition of a L2P problem.

yeah right. reaper is very strong, but in the average hands scourge is better

Yep, I main thief, and I am biased. Who isn't?

• Saiyan.1704Saiyan.1704 Member ✭✭✭

You can easily dodge and out play Traps... You can't dodge Shades. Rather, you're more likely to get boon ripped,.. good luck trying to dodge while getting Crippled, Chilled, and Immobilized.

• Traps and Mesmer clones deserve a 0.5 delay as well..

A City of Heroes never die... A City of Villains will never surrender... Neither City will be forgotten.

• Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@hurrado.2346 said:

@Jackalrat.5493 said:

The only advantageous matchups Reaper has right now is tempest, sword weaver, and renegade.

Sanity is for the weak minded
    YouTube

• @Crinn.7864 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@hurrado.2346 said:

@Jackalrat.5493 said:

The only advantageous matchups Reaper has right now is tempest, sword weaver, and renegade.

Is that like a list of the classes/specializations you perceive to be the weakest? I have seen a surge in players playing reaper (acroos multiple accounts, multiple times, and multiple server locations), and they seem to do well against more than just those 3.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@hurrado.2346 said:

@Jackalrat.5493 said:

Is that like a list of the classes/specializations you perceive to be the weakest? I have seen a surge in players playing reaper (acroos multiple accounts, multiple times, and multiple server locations), and they seem to do well against more than just those 3.

I'm assuming that both sides are being played somewhere in the vicinity of optimally.

Reaper vs thief is ~2/8
    Reaper vs SB is ~1/9
    Reaper vs Holo is ~4/6
    Reaper vs FB is unending.
    Reaper vs Druid is ~ 0/10
    Reaper vs Mesmer ~ 1/9
    Reaper vs power Herald/Shiro is ~ 5/5

YouTube

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭

Well, thief will NEVER be balanced until they remove initiative and give their skills proper cooldowns.
    Warrior needs some balancing, as they can tank in full berserker gear, high health, tons of invuln and block, cc, gap closers, escape.
    Engineer is nearly as bad as warrior with all the burst, cc, invul, blocks and they have stealth.
    I could go on, but there is no need. The game has no balance.

Carnished Toast (YUM)
    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)

• @Ubi.4136 said:
    Well, thief will NEVER be balanced until they remove initiative and give their skills proper cooldowns.
    Warrior needs some balancing, as they can tank in full berserker gear, high health, tons of invuln and block, cc, gap closers, escape.
    Engineer is nearly as bad as warrior with all the burst, cc, invul, blocks and they have stealth.

Perhaps you are right, but with the removal of initiative I would expect extreme compensation. Might as well be a super squishy ranger without a pet....

• @Crinn.7864 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@hurrado.2346 said:

@Jackalrat.5493 said:

I'm assuming that both sides are being played somewhere in the vicinity of optimally.

Reaper vs thief is ~2/8
    Reaper vs SB is ~1/9
    Reaper vs Holo is ~4/6
    Reaper vs Mesmer ~ 1/9

I don't know where you got that list from, so if it is not too much trouble do thief vs all those same foes.

• tartarus.1082tartarus.1082 Member ✭✭✭

They do it’s called a cast time

• @Axl.8924 said:

Summary:

Possible fixes:
    Bonus:

Duuuuuude lava font has already delay...you have to afk in it to get hit in pvp....

• @Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

Perhaps you are right, but with the removal of initiative I would expect extreme compensation. Might as well be a super squishy ranger without a pet....

There was no compensation for scourge nerfs, especially not in Pve where they were needed.
    Arena Net has a big problem, their balance team is inefficient, slow, don't test their changes enough, they also have huge knee-jerk reactions to community outrage, and are unimaginative with their changes.
    That's why pvp will never be as good as it was without elite specs. Not because elite specs are inherently bad, but because the balance team is inherently incapable of balancing them.

• Lol, completely ignoring how shades are ranged targeted abilities and traps are placed at your feet and have obvious placing animations. Completely ignoring the cast times to place. "There's no counter or way to avoid traps!" Except you know, not stepping in them. Meanwhile scourge could place a ranged shade and smash all f skills in less than half a second.

• @Axl.8924 said:

dodge

@Flauvious.6195 said:
    Lol, completely ignoring how shades are ranged targeted abilities and traps are placed at your feet and have obvious placing animations. Completely ignoring the cast times to place. "There's no counter or way to avoid traps!" Except you know, not stepping in them. Meanwhile scourge could place a ranged shade and smash all f skills in less than half a second.

Yet they can easily be dodged and some are defensives, and cleanse was nerfed.

• Kuya.6495Kuya.6495 Member ✭✭✭

I enjoy these threads a lot.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@hurrado.2346 said:

@Jackalrat.5493 said:

Reaper vs thief is ~2/8
    Reaper vs SB is ~1/9
    Reaper vs Holo is ~4/6
    Reaper vs Mesmer ~ 1/9

I don't know where you got that list from, so if it is not too much trouble do thief vs all those same foes.

Scrimming 1v1s against higher level players of those classes. I would not be the person to ask for thief since I do not main it. Sindrener would be a good person to ask.

On paper a thief should either stalemate or win every matchup, but in practice this isn't true. The time sensitive nature of conquest forces thieves to take risks that they would otherwise be able to avoid.

YouTube

• bluri.2653bluri.2653 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2018

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@hurrado.2346 said:

@Jackalrat.5493 said:

Reaper vs thief is ~2/8
    Reaper vs SB is ~1/9
    Reaper vs Holo is ~4/6
    Reaper vs Mesmer ~ 1/9

Scrimming 1v1s against higher level players of those classes. I would not be the person to ask for thief since I do not main it. Sindrener would be a good person to ask.

On paper a thief should either stalemate or win every matchup, but in practice this isn't true. The time sensitive nature of conquest forces thieves to take risks that they would otherwise be able to avoid.

thief vs druid loss
    thief vs sb 50/50 skillful matchup imo
    thief vs holo loss
    thief vs mirage 50/50 skillful matchup (pre patch)
    thief vs new chrono power build 80/20 or 70/30 to thief
    thief vs scourge prolly loss but defo not worth the time investment even if u do stick around, but a good one wont die either cus he will just kite to non port spots and its gg
    thief vs rev prolly 90/10 to thief

idk if anything else is worth mentioning

www.twitch.tv/sindrener - Rank 55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression

The fact that necros are so vulnerable alone means you'l probably win with a rating of 80%. considering necros have to be babysat and now with the delay, there is a really good chance it will miss.You got stealth and teleport attack to harrasss a necro and basilisk venom.

• bluri.2653bluri.2653 Member ✭✭✭

@Axl.8924 said:

The fact that necros are so vulnerable alone means you'l probably win with a rating of 80%. considering necros have to be babysat and now with the delay, there is a really good chance it will miss.You got stealth and teleport attack to harrasss a necro and basilisk venom.

sure u can go dp and kill a reaper/core necro but that will still take a minute or more of your time and he will more or less full cap you since you will need to kite/stealth up . so once u kill him u spent over a minute as a +1 build to 1v1, which also fyi can get +1'd by a thief urself and die since u cant sustain 1v2s. let's pretend for a moment you win this 1v1 after 1+min the reaper can repush you and you'll lose the node so you essentially have less point ticks than the reaper will have even if you kill him.

but just fyi most thieves play sd now so no stealth/rupts yo

www.twitch.tv/sindrener - Rank 55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression

@bluri.2653 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

sure u can go dp and kill a reaper/core necro but that will still take a minute or more of your time and he will more or less full cap you since you will need to kite/stealth up . so once u kill him u spent over a minute as a +1 build to 1v1, which also fyi can get +1'd by a thief urself and die since u cant sustain 1v2s. let's pretend for a moment you win this 1v1 after 1+min the reaper can repush you and you'll lose the node so you essentially have less point ticks than the reaper will have even if you kill him.

But you can still teleport away.A necro who is alone in reaper mode will not be able to catch up to you easily, especially since limited mobility moves.If he catches up to you though and hits you, you will be in big trouble.

Scourge doesn't have the massive hp that a reaper has in shroud, and even if you get a barrier up it won't keep him up long.Also you got massive dmg from those backstabs.IF you play S/D you can teleport to the reaper stab him, teleport away and dodge his attacks thrownig poison traps at him., filling him with a million condies, and draining his shroud even faster.Remember, the shroud has a faster degen than it used to.

Condi necros at least from what i saw on my thief who was D/p was scary, or could be scary.That chill effect can be a nasty surprise if he hits you.Try to not get hit by chill.

• @Axl.8924 said:

@bluri.2653 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

But you can still teleport away.A necro who is alone in reaper mode will not be able to catch up to you easily, especially since limited mobility moves.If he catches up to you though and hits you, you will be in big trouble.

Scourge doesn't have the massive hp that a reaper has in shroud, and even if you get a barrier up it won't keep him up long.Also you got massive dmg from those backstabs.IF you play S/D you can teleport to the reaper stab him, teleport away and dodge his attacks thrownig poison traps at him., filling him with a million condies, and draining his shroud even faster.Remember, the shroud has a faster degen than it used to.

Condi necros at least from what i saw on my thief who was D/p was scary, or could be scary.That chill effect can be a nasty surprise if he hits you.Try to not get hit by chill.

I'm sure Sind appreciates the advice on how to play thief from you.

• Ghos.1326Ghos.1326 Member ✭✭✭

@Axl.8924 said:

Summary:

Possible fixes:
    Bonus:

You also seem to forget that, as a necromancer, with your staff, you can lay down your skills, and they last for pretty much eternity. How is that fair? Shades deserved the 0.5 second cast time. Also, just to correct you, most skills do have a 0.5 second cast time. Thief stealth is not instant, ONLY case is a couple utility skills. Scrapper gyro has a cast time. pretty much everything.

The greatest enemy to improvement, is ignorance. But the desire to learn will cast ignorance into the fire.

• @Meteor.3720 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@bluri.2653 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Especially the part where thief can port in stab with sword, port out a d throwing thousands of poison traps

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Meteor.3720 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@bluri.2653 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Especially the part where thief can port in stab with sword, port out a d throwing thousands of poison traps

But its true what i said, you can easily do that.I did that with a sword/pistol thief and i played as a condi thief.You can even press the button to teleport away instantly after stabbing.You can also teleport to enemy while blinding them as well with D/p for insta attack.

Don't act like you don't have 100 billion gap closers, because you do.

Ghos.1326
    You also seem to forget that, as a necromancer, with your staff, you can lay down your skills, and they last for pretty much eternity. How is that fair? Shades deserved the 0.5 second cast time. Also, just to correct you, most skills do have a 0.5 second cast time. Thief stealth is not instant, ONLY case is a couple utility skills. Scrapper gyro has a cast time. pretty much everything.

Now yo are being a crybaby.Those staff abilities have limited range and not all of them are unblockable, plus they do very little damage.If you got a issue with staff necro, its definitely a l2p issue.While i'l happily admit i'm not the best at dealing with thieves and haven't pvped in a while, i think its highly unfair and biased to complain when someone nerfs you such as some complained about nerf about mesmer or complaining that warriors new build is mainly pvp, but what about necros? they don't fit many niche at all and get destroyed easily.So its totally fair to nerf necros till they are easy kills? give me a break.

Also What class do you play Ghos? you a ele? i bet your a ele or engi.

<<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.