SoulBeast - when you have an idea, you get confused and you just decide to quit midway

DarkFlopy.8197

THIS IS MY OWN OPINION HERE, DONT GO ALL APE**.**

So....I want to know whats going on with soulbeast, like did the devs got all confused with their stuff and gave up midway of soulbeast?like i dont understand why some of the skills that we share with our pets do effect us in BM and some dont...

for example the minor trait [Pet's Prowess] - "Pets move faster and deal more damage on critical hits. (Ferocity Increase: 300, Movement Speed Increase: 30%)While in Beastmode, the player gains up to 150 bonus ferocity and 25% movement speed bonus.".or for example : [Pack Alpha] - "Your pet is more powerful, and their skills gain recharge reduction.Pet Power Increase: 150Pet Precision Increase: 150Pet Toughness Increase: 150Pet Vitality Increase: 150Pet skill Recharge: 20%While in Beastmode, the player gains up to 80 attribute bonus to all primary attributes."

or all the shout skills that do give the player while in BM the buffs/behaviors the pet supposed to get.

how come the heals are not being like that as well? all the heals say "Heal yourself and your pet", so how come when we enter BM, this is not acting like the same?im not saying give us 200% heal while in BM, im saying maybe 150% instead, if it was 5k then let it be 7.5k.i dont get how unfinished the spec is its like the devs got lazy in the middle of the spec development and just said **** it and left it and moved on.the last balance patch was more like a "here take a few more damage to your pets, to help your SOULBEAST VARIETY OF PLAYSTYLE"...the spec is about merging with your pet and using its abilities in battle and tapping out in need of it, not keeping it out all the time, 90% of the pets in the game are 10/10 useless.drakes even in PVE will be the most useless pet possible, Moas? Spiders? Birds? Bears? Devourers?ppl will rather take smokescale + gazelle or everything that is not from the above.

Seriously arena net, you ****ed up with druid by actually making it support (no its not dps spec, when pets do all the job it doesnt count as anything, its like a minionmancer but dumber) and giving necros scourge which you claim its support but it does more dps than any spec of ranger.

since release of the game i was hoping something will happen, hope is failing and i assume many other ppl already lost their hope.

I agree completely. Let's make a comparison beetween druid and soulbeast, for a moment.

DruidNew mechanic: Celestial avatar (Healing/condi clears/cc)New weapon: Staff (Healing/cc)New skills: Gliphs (Healing/condi clears/cc)Minor traits concept: Everything is about healing

SoulbeastNew mechanic: Beastmode (versatile, but good at nothing)New weapon: Dagger (pve condi weapon)New skills: Stances (boons/buffs)Minor traits concept: Damage modifiers, mostly power type damage.

Condi weapon, support skills, damage traits. Like...wtf?Conceptually, there is nothing coherent on soulbeast. It seems that the devs have left the spec 50% unfinished and without a clear idea in mind.And yes, 90% of soulbeast skills are terrible. BITE? I mean....BITE? Really?

I thibk they tried to make something like a hybrid dmg spec. On one side you can focus an dishing out cindis on the otherside its about buffing yourself.The swap in beastmode is pretty much the holy grail of solutions on the problem. It would solve game flow flaws and usability.The traits of soulbeast should improve too.One line for weaving in and out beastmode, with versatility and survivability.One line for boons and boonshare with and from your pet.And one line for condis, dmg, duration and offensive stuff.Atm the traits are kinda meh and only some of them are useful in some niche scenarios.One cob

I can totally understand the polish soulbeasts needs we ain't got shit. Our elite spec weapon is only good long boss fights were your just AA, oh wow you press skill 2 of CD woa... With zero utility it's trash tier in any PVP senario, hell even on a Condi build your better off going sword.

Unfortunately the traits and skills you mentioned do actually work as intended. (Heal as one is fantastic in beast mode it bonces the boons off yourself)

However that is not say there's not traits that are not working.

why are traits so inconsistent that effect the pets they should all have an effect on you in beast form

For example bountiful should increase your damage to 1.5 per boon. Sigint of wilderness does not apply resistance in soulbeast form. (I'd even argue that it should work like save yourselves in soulbeast form) loud wistle still does nothing. Sharpened edges should crit more in beastmode.

Then there's also what I'ma call lame design. For example all the traits that effect beast skills apply the effects after the cast, which makes them super lame, oh you get quickness and fury after the channel wooo..... Had they done it pre or right before the cast finishes it would make those traits set up for some really cool combos for example quickness and fury > beastly warden > moment of clarity > remorsless> world impact would be an amazing combo if they just did that, one for the damage 2 it would make it an excellent cleave in teamfights.

On that note it's so lame moment of clarity gets actually nerfed in soulbeast form. Like really balance team? I get the Nerf on maul but our traited version wtf.

We also need a balance pass on MM line those minor traits have me still like why the heck do they still after 5 years still have no synergy.

@"InsaneQR.7412" and while I am getting used to soulbeast it feels more and more like it should have a pet swap in beastmode, I really think it wouldn't be "op just makes sense and would make the flow of the class feel better and give our swaping a better feel.

But I guess we have to wait 6 more months.

@DarkFlopy.8197This exactly the way I feel about it.

• You can see deviance for that from the lack of consistency between traits & skills interactions while in beastmode
    • You can see deviance for that from the lack of balance between pets skills while in beastmode(Missed opportunity which could motivate us to chose unused pets)
    • You can see deviance for that from the lack of skills animations and flavor and balance for both the dagger and the beast skills
    • You can see deviance for that from the lack of balance and synergie between SB and the other trailtlines
    • You can see from of the mechanic clumsiness, denying the effective utilizations of 2 pets archtypes(As you can't change at will).

Basically, Soulbeast ATM is a great concept, full of place holders and very rough "mechanic and numbers wise". I wish I could be on the development team working on it as it's got so much potential and room to grow. :(

Aside from the various pet skills in beast mode that seem less then useful and sadly encompasses most of the older pets.

The one big change I'm really hoping ArenaNet decides to do, is to give Instinctive Engage a small evade. It might not be the best change honestly, but I think some new fun builds might be possible if the change was implemented.

Archived