Special events in API — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Special events in API

Some month/years ago we get events like wintersday or the lunar event in the daily API in SPECIAL section.

Now SPECIAL is always empty.
Where do I get the special events in the API or when do we get it back?

],
"special": [
]

Comments

• Archomeda.6472Archomeda.6472 Member ✭✭
    edited February 10, 2018

The endpoint you're referring to, is only taking the original dailies that do not have any festival dailies anymore.

Since the festivals were redone starting in 2017, the festival daily achievements are no longer in the Daily category. Instead, festival dailies have their own category (just like the LS3 dailies), and in the case of Lunar New Year, it's under Daily Lunar New Year.

• Very nice, thanks a lot.

Do you know where I get a list of all special events like halloween, winterday and so on?

• No, sadly there's no endpoint to get that information :(

• Nagiil.1230Nagiil.1230 Member ✭✭
    edited February 11, 2018

ok, I read out most of the events and I got the following list:

id: 79, name: Halloween Daily
    id: 98, name: Wintersday Daily
    id: 162, name: Daily Super Adventure Festival
    id: 201, name: Daily Lunar New Year

But evrey category gives back an eventlist, there is no status if the event is active or not.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.