Bear Stance was Bug Fixed in 2/06 Patch

Soilder.3607

Pre-patch vs post patch

https://i.imgur.com/AkT9l5f.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/XOsPQSD.gifv

What it did wrong pre-patch: Traited or untraited, it would remove four conditions upon casting, then four more each second for the next four seconds. When traited to last longer, the extra duration did not remove any conditions.

Now, it removes two conditions on cast, plus two conditions per second for its remaining duration properly.

@"Soilder.3607" said:Pre-patch vs post patch

https://i.imgur.com/AkT9l5f.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/XOsPQSD.gifv

What it did wrong pre-patch: Traited or untraited, it would remove four conditions upon casting, then four more each second for the next four seconds. When traited to last longer, the extra duration did not remove any conditions.

Now, it removes two conditions on cast, plus two conditions per second for its remaining duration properly.

Now it's virtually the most useless heal in the entire game.....so I will consider it a nerf and not a bug fix, they should have at least reduce the bloody CD....25s for a paltry condi clear...great

You see, I understand that everyone on the ranger forums has to play to the tune of "our class sucks" and "redheaded stepchild", which is all entirely untrue because the class is viable in all gamemodes, except for zerging, but this skill was never bad to begin with, and even with the bug fix, which keep in mind now correctly allows the extra duration to remove condi's, this skill still has the potential to cure fourteen conditions over six seconds, and heal for potentially 10,675 at 0 healing power.

Of course it isn't likely to heal for that much, as doing so requires you to be loaded with conditions, none of which can be poison, but the potency of the skill is good.

@"Soilder.3607" said:You see, I understand that everyone on the ranger forums has to play to the tune of "our class sucks" and "redheaded stepchild", which is all entirely untrue because the class is viable in all gamemodes, except for zerging, but this skill was never bad to begin with, and even with the bug fix, which keep in mind now correctly allows the extra duration to remove condi's, this skill still has the potential to cure fourteen conditions over six seconds, and heal for potentially 10,675 at 0 healing power.

Of course it isn't likely to heal for that much, as doing so requires you to be loaded with conditions, none of which can be poison, but the potency of the skill is good.

I think the issue generally is more along the lines of druid still being the strongest spec on ranger, which just gets boring after years of playing it (even more so because of balancing making the spec more boring to play than before)

@"Soilder.3607" said:You see, I understand that everyone on the ranger forums has to play to the tune of "our class sucks" and "redheaded stepchild", which is all entirely untrue because the class is viable in all gamemodes, except for zerging, but this skill was never bad to begin with, and even with the bug fix, which keep in mind now correctly allows the extra duration to remove condi's, this skill still has the potential to cure fourteen conditions over six seconds, and heal for potentially 10,675 at 0 healing power.

When you talk about a healing skill/utility you talk only from perspective of sPVP (where you can see your enemies before the game start and you know what kind of build you will faced) or from WvW perspective too ? Do you know why I am asking you this? Because in WvW you will meet (many times in sPVP too) many condi and power build too. If vs condi build this skill is good/very good , because of those condi cleanse and almost 10-11k, vs power build is kitten ... you have only 5k with a 25 s CD ... almost half of any other healing skill and with more CD. So if this skills is good vs a Scourge or other condi class, vs Spellbreaker, Power Mesmer (which is one of the OP class) and other Power Build, Bear Stance is almost zero! because you get nothing than those 5k ... other healing skills with the right traits line give you also fury, swiftness, regen, extra might etc + more heal and lower CD.So, when you talk about a healing skill , you are talking only about 1 POV? vs condi build class?

Archived