Personal Story Master Point

DedTreeJig.3245

Howdy All,

I completed the personal story achievement "Season of Growth" on my Sylvari which is supposed to award a mastery point. It shows up in my recent achievements but I did not receive the mastery point, there was no mastery point notification to accept. This is the first time I have done this achievement, I've never played through the story on a Sylvari before so I definitely didn't repeat the achievement. Am I missing something here?

Edit: I played through the story specifically to get a final mastery point to complete the "Advanced Logistics" of the Central Tyria Pack Commander track so I was aware of the status of the achievement and the number of mastery points I had before completing it.

Thanks in advance,-DedTreeJig

You only get a single mastery point for each phase of the personal story, not for each phase completed with each race. In other words, even though there are 15 potential endings for for "Part I" aka "Chapter 1" (three for each of the five races), there's only one possible mastery point unlock.

PS I'm not sure what you mean by "Season of Growth." I'm looking at the wiki and can't find the particular story name on the mastery point unlock article nor on the personal story page.

@Linken.6345 said:If you have finished parth 1 with human, asura, charr or norn you wont get another masterpoint for sylvari.There is 8 total for the 8 chapters not 1 for each race otherwise you would get 40 points just from stories and easily get enough points for core tyria.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:You only get a single mastery point for each phase of the personal story, not for each phase completed with each race. In other words, even though there are 15 potential endings for for "Part I" aka "Chapter 1" (three for each of the five races), there's only one possible mastery point unlock.

Thank you both, that makes it more clear. I guess I'll have to find that last mastery point somewhere else. :)

PS I'm not sure what you mean by "Season of Growth." I'm looking at the wiki and can't find the particular story name on the mastery point unlock article nor on the personal story page.

A Season of Growth is the achievement for completing chapter 2 of the Sylvari personal story.

If you aren't using it already, I'd really suggest creating an account at gw2efficiency.com. Once you plug in your API key (instructions are on the site), it will read your account status and you can search through the achievements - it has filters to only show incomplete mastery point achievements. Saves you a ton of time, and you will discover achievements that grant mastery points that you might not find in the in-game achievement panel.

Archived