Warrior lost the ability to land burst via stuns.

Hitman.5829

Currently, the warrior cannot land burst via stuns. It is extremely rare and very difficult to connect the bulls charge + 100 blades combo or mace + 100 blades combo because every class now has instant stun breaks incorporated on the traits, ridiculous stun breaks on very short cooldown or simply an insane amount of stability on demand. Take for example this:Engineer:

• Crystal configuration Eclipse ( 2 stability on a 6 sec cooldown.)
  • Elixir S (60 sec or 48 if traited)
  • Self-Regulating Defenses
  • Reactive Lenses
  • Spectrum Shield

Thief:*Bandit's Defense on 20 sec cooldown

• Infiltrator signet (30 sec cooldown)
  • Shadow Step (50 sec cooldown)
  • Hard to Catch (30 sec cooldown)

Mesmer:

• Blink (30 sec cooldown)
  • Sand Through Glass (25 sec cooldown)
  • Elusive Mind (Over powered stun break)

This is a quick and short list of the traits that come to mind. I don't feel like going through all the stability and stun breaks for all classes.There is a reason why warriors don't use mace now, because even with a 6 sec cooldown on the 3 sec stun, the other classes have an insane amount of stun breaks and stability on demand.realistically speaking, I don't think anet will nerf stun break and stability in the game. I hope they do something about this issue to increase the quality of play for warrior players and make it less frustrating.

I would suggest decreasing the cooldown on bull's charge to 10 sec or 15 sec and remove or decrease the damage of this skill by 50% or 75%.

That is what your teammates are for. Your teammates can set up bursts for you.

I do agree, those trait stunbreaks as well as traited immunities need to be removed. But they also need to tone down the CC spam and tone down damage across the board. You wouldn't be seeing traits like Self-Regulating Defenses if it wasn't possible to just instantly down someone in this game.

I want to point out that it wasn't just warrior, everyone lost the concept of "setup". Right now, combat is more of who can output the most of everything.

It's mostly HoT's fault though, not so much PoF. Breakbars were added so they had to add a bunch of new CC, and that would affect pvp/wvw so they just added a bunch of auto-defense traits and low cooldown stun breaks (Berserker had Outrage, a 10 second cooldown stun break lol).

Also, I'd rather they buff Kick first, before Bull's Charge.

i see the same problem, since hot its just not the same, i used to love playing hammer/gs on warrior in pvp and wvw roaming, but hammer animations are so slow that ita already hard to land them, but even if i manage to land them now they just get stunbreaked, with lower cd stunbreaks than my hammer cds...feelsbadman

@"Kiroshima.8497" said:I want to point out that it wasn't just warrior, everyone lost the concept of "setup". Right now, combat is more of who can output the most of everything.

It's mostly HoT's fault though, not so much PoF. Breakbars were added so they had to add a bunch of new CC, and that would affect pvp/wvw so they just added a bunch of auto-defense traits and low cooldown stun breaks (Berserker had Outrage, a 10 second cooldown stun break lol).

Yeah I agree with you that HoT is to blame for the massive amount of stun breaks and their low cooldown.Now on the topic of kick, what kind of buff would you ask for? more damage or different game behavior?

Personally, I think that kick is one of those skills that works against the warrior because it pushes the enemy 240 units back (that is almost twice the distance of our melee attacks which are 130 units.) If i was a developer, I would change this skill to stun for 2 seconds instead of knockback and reduce the maximum count from 3 to 2 uses, and the internal cooldown between successive activation from 3 sec to 5 sec. The count recharge I would leave it at 30 sec.

As a melee warrior you don't want to push your enemies back away from you. It is already frustrating when they dance and kite you all over the place and when you can finally land a punch, you send them 240 units back hahahahahaaha.

@"Kiroshima.8497" said:I want to point out that it wasn't just warrior, everyone lost the concept of "setup". Right now, combat is more of who can output the most of everything.

I miss the days where you'd be rewarded for getting a setup into a nice burst and you had to make major build concessions to do both. Lots of skill in waiting for just the right time and executing was so satisfying.

At the moment everyone just runs around pretty much immune to everything while capable of one-shotting anything not immune. It's super boring and nothing feels like it has impact or consequence anymore because what were once impactful and cool abilities and combos are inefficient damage losses that set you up for instant failure.

God I miss core GW2 :(

@"Hitman.5829" said:

Yeah I agree with you that HoT is to blame for the massive amount of stun breaks and their low cooldown.Now on the topic of kick, what kind of buff would you ask for? more damage or different game behavior?

Personally, I think that kick is one of those skills that works against the warrior because it pushes the enemy 240 units back (that is almost twice the distance of our melee attacks which are 130 units.) If i was a developer, I would change this skill to stun for 2 seconds instead of knockback and reduce the maximum count from 3 to 2 uses, and the internal cooldown between successive activation from 3 sec to 5 sec. The count recharge I would leave it at 30 sec.

As a melee warrior you don't want to push your enemies back away from you. It is already frustrating when they dance and kite you all over the place and when you can finally land a punch, you send them 240 units back hahahahahaaha.

The problem is physicals have no real purpose, besides lockdown I guess. To that extent, Bull's Charge and Throw Bolas both thematically make sense, but Kick and Stomp are the two oddballs in that the make it difficult (or impossible) for the warrior to follow up as their effects blow enemies away from the warrior.

Warrior physicals also have a weird theme: Stomp, Bull's Charge, and Rampage are all brute force physical abilities, but Kick and Throw Bolas are more dexterity types and definitely stand out as odd.

I suppose it's fine in a way, similar to how Mesmer has 2 Clone type utilities and 2 Phantasm type utilities (so 4 total illusion utilities), but Warrior Physicals don't come with any utility at all.

Personally, I'd say Throw Bolas needs to be scrapped. A physical condition dealing utility would be good here, and the only thing that could be is a Feint (mindgaming your opponent with physical ability). This ranged utility would inflict 1 torment and 1 confusion to 3 targets (600 range), and then flip over to Fake Out. Fake Out mimics the warrior's current burst skill, but does none of the original's affects, instead applying Daze (1/4) and 3 confusion to all targets struck. The attack can only affect enemies once, even with Burst Skills that have multiple hits (like longbow/sword).

Kick should probably be converted into some kind of Footwork based ability, granting Swiftness (for positioning), evade frames (as a defensive physical), then flips over to a Trip (3 target knockdown, 1 second duration) if you dodged any attacks.

Stomp also needs help, perhaps it can turn into a physical attack that provokes (aka Taunts) enemies then strikes physically, similar to Phantasmal Defender but not as damaging. Naturally it would be renamed, and grant more stability (3 stacks?). Alternatively, it could taunt on landing, becoming like the Superhero's Landing.

Mending needs to be a Physical as well. Call it Second Wind, it can heal and cleanse 2 conditions, and if you get 2 or more conditions within 6 seconds, it repeats it. Traiting Physicals ups the conditions cleared to 3.

Naturally if any of these made it in we'd have to tone down Warrior damage/sustain since we're giving him more actual utilities.

Archived