Help with classes

Bobert.7458

I am no a pvp player so i can be wrong there. Also i dont know what kind of pve you are talking about so i will talk about group pve.Mesmer is rly good for group pve and used to be good for pvp but i think this patch nerfed him in pvp rly hard so i dont know. He has 2-3 strong pve builds: support boonshare chronomancer, cindition mirage and power chronoI heared that warrior is rly good for pvp. For pve there are 2 strong builds: condition warrior and power spellbreaker.Finaly ranger. Again few v variants: druid as aa healer and buffer or soulbest as condition dps.You can take every class ibto pve but in my oppinion most of the pvp strong ones are not so strong in pve. This is my guess what i heared. I dont play pvp so it would be better for someone else to answer before you made a decision i guess

I play ranger since alpha and I can tell you that this class is probably one of the easiest to play in PVE. You just have to manage your pet well and you can solo most content. I don't play PVP much but there are plenty of youtube channels and builds website that can help you decide what class you could play next.

Whichever one that appeals to you.

People are always asking what profession to play, and really no advice on the subject is very useful. The answer is that the best one for you is the one you most enjoy. Pick something you think you'll like and if you don't, pick another.

Bobert...you've got 5 character slots. If you still have your level 80 booster, it comes with a "trial mode" that lets you try a level 80 in Silverwastes before you commit to permanently boosting that character to level 80. So create a couple of different characters, us the level 80 booster and play with them in Silverwastes. Once you've played with them for a while and gotten the feel for it, cancel the boost, and switch to the other character and repeat the process. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong in this game. I've got at least one level 80 of every class in the game. Engi is probably the class I'm having most difficulty with, followed by thief - but that's because I just got a level 80 thief and I'm still learning it.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:Bobert...you've got 5 character slots. If you still have your level 80 booster, it comes with a "trial mode" that lets you try a level 80 in Silverwastes before you commit to permanently boosting that character to level 80. So create a couple of different characters, us the level 80 booster and play with them in Silverwastes. Once you've played with them for a while and gotten the feel for it, cancel the boost, and switch to the other character and repeat the process. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong in this game. I've got at least one level 80 of every class in the game. Engi is probably the class I'm having most difficulty with, followed by thief - but that's because I just got a level 80 thief and I'm still learning it.

Even without the booster you can go into the PvP lobby and test it against either the golem or some of the other NPCs that actually hit back. Has the advantage of being able to test out the elite specs as well unlike the lv80 boost trial and you can try out various stat combo, weapon and armor upgrades for free.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:Bobert...you've got 5 character slots. If you still have your level 80 booster, it comes with a "trial mode" that lets you try a level 80 in Silverwastes before you commit to permanently boosting that character to level 80. So create a couple of different characters, us the level 80 booster and play with them in Silverwastes. Once you've played with them for a while and gotten the feel for it, cancel the boost, and switch to the other character and repeat the process. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong in this game. I've got at least one level 80 of every class in the game. Engi is probably the class I'm having most difficulty with, followed by thief - but that's because I just got a level 80 thief and I'm still learning it.

Even without the booster you can go into the PvP lobby and test it against either the golem or some of the other NPCs that actually hit back. Has the advantage of being able to test out the elite specs as well unlike the lv80 boost trial and you can try out various stat combo, weapon and armor upgrades for free.

Where do you go to get to the golems and NPCs? I've been in the lobby but not sure what to do from there....

Also how to gear up... (I don't play pvp, so I have no idea how that part of the game works)

@bearshaman.3421 said:

Where do you go to get to the golems and NPCs? I've been in the lobby but not sure what to do from there....

Also how to gear up... (I don't play pvp, so I have no idea how that part of the game works)

Click on the crossed swords on the top of your screen, should be last icon on the right. Then Enter PvP Lobby. Once you are in the lobby click on the helmet icon on the top middle of your screen to select the amulet which will determine your stats. In the same window you can set your PvP traits(second tab), runes and sigils. There is no need to do any sort of gearing up for sPvP except maybe some rune or amulet unlocks if you get into it enough. The actual golems/NPCs are over at the Combat Training Waypoint to the northeast of where you load in.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Click on the crossed swords on the top of your screen, should be last icon on the right. Then Enter PvP Lobby. Once you are in the lobby click on the helmet icon on the top middle of your screen to select the amulet which will determine your stats. In the same window you can set your PvP traits(second tab), runes and sigils. There is no need to do any sort of gearing up for sPvP except maybe some rune or amulet unlocks if you get into it enough. The actual golems/NPCs are over at the Combat Training Waypoint to the northeast of where you load in.

Weapons? I saw everything but weapons...

@bearshaman.3421 said:

Weapons? I saw everything but weapons...

That just depends on whatever you equip and the only thing that matters is weapon type so a lv0 white weapon is the same as a legendary for spvp purposes.

Archived